Remove Advertisements

[10] Ultraxion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Ultraxion

Postby Tamarins » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:47 pm

After watching my guild's other raid group do this fight tonight and doing some forum research -- yes, there is definitely a bug where the "Fading Light" debuff can fail to appear for players. There's no perfect fix, although it sounds like the most reliable option is using some sort of a poweraura to track it. Hopefully they'll fix this soon; in the meantime be careful.
Tamarins

Postby Epimer » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:42 am

We got this to 10% in 30 minutes of attempts, a good 10 of which were spent hand-holding people who couldn't see the special button into making a macro for it :roll:

We wiped, according to the log, at 5.30; with 2 tanks and 3 healers we were 10% off the enrage. Three healers was complete overkill (until it became unhealable - 0.6 second cast Holy Radiances aside) and it would have been a comfortable kill with 2 (our healers are around ~380 ilvl, a little higher for some).
Epimer

Postby Jheherrin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:30 am

Steve wrote:Hour of Twilight. Read the ability description. Enemies in the normal realm are instantly pulled back into the twilight realm after the cast goes off.

Fading Light. Read the ability description. Targets in the normal realm will be pulled into the Twilight Realm, and all threat against Ultraxion will be reset. Additionally, no threat will be generated for 10 sec.

I'll crawl back into my hole now and learn to read more :).

I didnt realise the bad stuff pulled you straight back in, I thought you stayed out for 5 seconds regardless.
Moonglade EU - Catalyst : Jheherrin,Glowlimn,Caamora
Aggramar EU - The Phoenix Reborn : Kasreyn,Gossamer
Jheherrin

Postby Belloc » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:58 am

Tamarins wrote:After watching my guild's other raid group do this fight tonight and doing some forum research -- yes, there is definitely a bug where the "Fading Light" debuff can fail to appear for players. There's no perfect fix, although it sounds like the most reliable option is using some sort of a poweraura to track it. Hopefully they'll fix this soon; in the meantime be careful.

If the debuff doesn't appear, I don't think a power aura would work.

Do you have a WoL report?
Belloc

Postby Phonic » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:53 am

DBM works very well to announce and raid mark players with fading light. Then you're probably safe to just click after 4 seconds since the minimum duration is 5 sec on the debuff and the max is 9/10.
Phonic

Postby Hrobertgar » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:12 pm

I can absolutely guarantee that on the PTR, with basic Blizzard buffs/debuffs, the "Fading Twilight" debuff frequently failed to appear in my regular debuff area. I had to watch debuffs on my raid frames to see it. I hope that bug didn't make it to live, but maybe it did.

I have heard a posible indication that the Fading Twilight Debuff can appear in the BUFF bar (rather than the DEbuff bar), and gets lost in the more extensive buff list. Maybe when I tank it later tonight I will see what hapens for me.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Tamarins » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:50 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:
I can absolutely guarantee that on the PTR, with basic Blizzard buffs/debuffs, the "Fading Twilight" debuff frequently failed to appear in my regular debuff area. I had to watch debuffs on my raid frames to see it. I hope that bug didn't make it to live, but maybe it did.

I have heard a posible indication that the Fading Twilight Debuff can appear in the BUFF bar (rather than the DEbuff bar), and gets lost in the more extensive buff list. Maybe when I tank it later tonight I will see what hapens for me.

My understanding is that this is precisely the problem.

World of logs report is puzzling, I can't figure out what its problem was with the debuff. Here's a specific attempt focused on Stunner, one of the players affected by the bug.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qwbmo ... 717&e=5026

If you check his "buffs gained" tab you'll see that he supposedly had Fading Light twice with a total uptime of 45 seconds (what the fuck?), and when you click the button to show when he had it over the course of the fight, it doesn't show up on the graph.

So unless that report makes more sense to someone else, I think WoL might just be useless at figuring this out. I'll try using an aura when I go in tonight and I'll see if that helps.
Tamarins

Postby Vaastra » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:29 pm

I just solo tanked this fight on my alt death knight, with everyone in the raid having about 380 ilvl, and with 2 healers(shaman and druid). I had a ret paladin use righteous fury, and he would take the boss for a few seconds while I was affected by fading light. I stayed out for every hour of twilight, alternating between icebound fortitude and anti-magic shell.

On my main paladin I can see this being just as easy to solo tank, as ardent defender or glyphed divine protection is enough to survive every other hour of twilight, with goak for the other.
Vaastra

Postby fafhrd » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:43 pm

To be fair WoL has been f'ed in other ways for DS. It lists our kill of DW as being 9 minutes long, whereas the video I have of it is 12 minutes long, even though nothing seems to be missing. I would expect buff/debuff parsing to be straight forward if the logs are correct, but then I would expect time calculation to be straight forward too. Maybe combat logs are just buggy within DS and WoL's parsing is fine.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Tamarins » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:13 am

Using Weakauras for this fight worked perfectly for me when (as expected) the debuff failed to appear properly. Make sure you use an aura that's very clear and that gives you a timer so you know exactly when to hit your button.

Also, not sure if it matters, but I used two identical auras, one for buffs and one for debuffs. The buff aura probably wasn't necessary but who knows.
Tamarins

Postby Daraxis » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:03 pm

It's worthwhile noting that Holy Shield benefits from Thrall's buff on this fight, meaning that you can have it up 100% of the time (the duration becomes longer than the cooldown). I made one of those macros and and cast it on cooldown with CS.

To be fair, on normal mode you just won't lack for defensive cooldowns anyway, but a constant 50% less melee damage is fun.
Daraxis
Maintankadonor

Postby Steve » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:41 am

Tamarins wrote:World of logs report is puzzling, I can't figure out what its problem was with the debuff. Here's a specific attempt focused on Stunner, one of the players affected by the bug.

If you check his "buffs gained" tab you'll see that he supposedly had Fading Light twice with a total uptime of 45 seconds (what the fuck?), and when you click the button to show when he had it over the course of the fight, it doesn't show up on the graph.

So unless that report makes more sense to someone else, I think WoL might just be useless at figuring this out. I'll try using an aura when I go in tonight and I'll see if that helps.

WoL is fine. The problem is the fight occurs in multiple phases and the person logging isn't always in the same phase as the rest of the group. In this case, the log only shows Fading Light being applied to Stunner two times, but never removed because the player logging (looks like it was Fluttershy based on my brilliant powers of deduction) is never in normal realm with Stunner to see the Fading Light debuff removed. In fact, the only time you see Fading Light removed is from Fluttershy (the person logging), and so that's the only person with accurate debuff uptimes.
Steve

Postby Raive » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:29 pm

My OT died approximately halfway through the fight, meaning I had to solo tank the rest of it. I couldnt imagine solo tanking from the beginning without someone else to tauhnt a few times at fading light so as not to lose your threat lead, however I managed to solo tank the last half without anyone dying and no one taunting.

To do so I basically had to wait until there was 1 second left on the fading light debuff (as little time left as I could uncomfortably time) and immediately start spamming my hand of reckoning, the .5 second window or so you're out of combat with the boss seems not long enough (or I could have just gotten lucky on swing timers I suppose) for him to switch targets and decimate someone else.

Also there were a lot of frame rate issues near the end of the fight as some people were mentioning, a simple fix that worked for everyone in our raid (both for this fight and for warlord) was to have anyone experiencing frame rate issues turn off recount (or skada, or whatever damage meters they may use) the amount of aoe going out seems to make all the meters go crazy data hog (as if they werent already).

As for the fight itself after a few painful 10% wipes on 25 man, and then losing a few of our top dps early for the night we broke down to 10 man, stacking our group as much as possible.
We used 2 tanks (me and a DK)
3 healers (2 pallies and a druid)
and 5 dps (rogue, warrior, mage[legendary staff], warlock[legendary staff], ele shaman)

We let our pallies grab red and blue, and our druid grab green, saved BL until right around where you get the bronze buff and pulled through it fairly painlessly.
Raive

Postby Tamarins » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:23 pm

Steve wrote:
Tamarins wrote:World of logs report is puzzling, I can't figure out what its problem was with the debuff. Here's a specific attempt focused on Stunner, one of the players affected by the bug.

WoL is fine. The problem is the fight occurs in multiple phases and the person logging isn't always in the same phase as the rest of the group. In this case, the log only shows Fading Light being applied to Stunner two times, but never removed because the player logging (looks like it was Fluttershy based on my brilliant powers of deduction) is never in normal realm with Stunner to see the Fading Light debuff removed. In fact, the only time you see Fading Light removed is from Fluttershy (the person logging), and so that's the only person with accurate debuff uptimes.

Not sure why that didn't occur to me. Probably because I'm a dunce. Thank you for clearing that up. :)
Tamarins

Postby fafhrd » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:26 pm

That logging thing is going to be really irritating btw, since Ultraxion is also the fight people use as a DPS check for the tier. Wonder if merging logs works again.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)