Put me in my place

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Put me in my place

Postby Ryrob » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:27 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... din/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... n/advanced

Hello. I am new to the forums, and I have a whole mess of questions.

Allow me to wince before I begin, as many of you will likely give me the stink eye for some of these.

1) Mastery cap is 102.4...Where do I find this number? I stack mastery where ever I can and I can't figure how close I am. My combat table is over 90%. Can you please advise me on where to find this data or point me to a resource page for this?

2) What am I doing wrong, gear-wise?
(Side note - if the avalanche is still showing as weapon enchantment, disregard. I use windwalk. THis was something we could whip up on the spot during a dungeon when a weapon dropped).

3) Why am I so squishy? My combat table is supposed to be cranked up, yet my healer complains i'm limp. Can you advise me on this?

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice!
Ry
^
|
|
This guy.
Ryrob

Re: Put me in my place

Postby Ryrob » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:44 am

Also, can someone please guide me to where I can get sources for numbers I see floating around in regards to combat table/mitigation?
Does strength pay into dodge/parry?
Does agility pay into dodge/parry?
^
|
|
This guy.
Ryrob

Postby degre » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:31 am

Your places:
Basic Training
Gear Discussions and Advice

Start with posting in the correct forums and have a look at the guides ;)

To reply to you:
1) 102.4 is NOT the mastery cap, you're doing it wrong, read the basic training for what is your Combat Table Coverage, data can be taken here:
In your current gear the CTC is about 55%.

2) I'll say everything, as the armory shows full PvP gear.

3) Read point 2.

Also, for gear check there is a specific thread where you should have posted.
Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests Here)
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Amirya » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:40 am

Judgements of the Pure?

There's better places to put those 2 points.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:04 am

As I'm a nice person, I'll actually move this topic to the right place. The rest well, you got a long way to go young padawan, start by following the advices above, the rest will come.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arcand » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:13 am

Welcome to Basic. At the very top of this forum are two stickies,
one a general FAQ and the other specifically about the combat table.

The general FAQ should get you going in the right direction gear-wise,
and the combat table article addresses how much mastery you want.
Arcand

Postby Ryrob » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:46 pm

Thanks for the swift responses guys. I am taking this under advisement, making notes and exploring the site. Within a few days I should be in good shape.

Cheers,
Ry
^
|
|
This guy.
Ryrob

Postby Amirya » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:09 am

Ok, now that looks like pve gear.

That said, I'd change the enchant on the helm from Wildhammer to Earth Ring; change the weapon enchant from Avalanche to Windwalk. I'm also a bit unsure on the pure +40 mastery gemming. I might guess part of the issue your healers are having are that you aren't necessarily avoiding the attacks at any time (and are you proactive about cooldowns?).

Also, tinker your gloves.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Ryrob » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:13 am

I learned a lot here. I've got 2 more pieces of valor gear to go. My CTC is getting really good, and I find that in the HoTs healers aren't spending much mana on me anymore. I've done a lot of juggling, and still more to go, but for your pleasure...
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... din/simple
^
|
|
This guy.
Ryrob

Postby Dibdib » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:09 am

Personally, after the CTC cap I'd value extra stamina over extra avoidance. But that's discussed more eloquently than I can manage, elsewhere on the forums :) On that note, here's what I'd do:

If I could get them cheap I'd replace your Subtle Amberjewels with Fractured - they provide better CTC coverage.

Same for the gem in your helm - the Expertise socket bonus isn't that useful. However I'd look to pick up the bonuses on your shoulders and legs, there's 45 free stamina there for you.

I'd pick up the stamina enchant on the chest, and the armour enchant on your cloak.

This lot might take you over the CTC cap, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing - it might give you enough leeway to run a stamina trinket instead of two mastery ones, which can be helpful in some encounters with a lot of magic damage.

Hope this helps :)
Dibdib

Return to Basic Training & Talents