Chardev for 4.3

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Chardev for 4.3

Postby Korendil » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:10 pm

Does anyone know of a site like chardev that has been updated for 4.3? AskMrRobot doesn't work since I can't manually change the gems and reforge settings. Unless you can and I just don't see it?

Thanks.
Tichondrius (US)

Korendil

Re: Chardev for 4.3

Postby Yellowfive » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Ask Mr. Robot will be adding the ability to manually change things in the update next week.

Out of curiosity, what are you trying to achieve with manually changing gems and reforges? In general, Mr. Robot has been able to achieve the optimizations people want/need through changing stat weights.
Yellowfive

Postby Korendil » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:59 pm

Ask Mr. Robot has been telling me to enchant armor in shield and glove slots; I'd rather enchant stamina. I would also like to try combinations where I don't have to switch certain expensive enchants or reforge everything.
Tichondrius (US)

Korendil

Postby Jeremoot » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:49 am

I too was looking for this and settled with Mr. Robot. You just have to give it the stat weights you want.
Jeremoot

Postby Yellowfive » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:46 am

I see -- yeah we will be adding the ability to lock in any gem enchant or reforge so that the optimizer won't change it. That should allow you to create any build that you want. It's currently in beta, hopefully released before the end of next week.
Yellowfive

Postby theckhd » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:46 am

Yellowfive wrote:Out of curiosity, what are you trying to achieve with manually changing gems and reforges? In general, Mr. Robot has been able to achieve the optimizations people want/need through changing stat weights.

I think the main reason is that the stat weights aren't all that transparent. People formulate gear strategies conceptually, like "Stack mastery until I hit block cap, then shift excess mastery/dodge/parry over to Stamina as efficiently as possible while also minimizing damage taken (i.e. prioritize dodge/parry over mastery when possible above block cap while performing the stamina conversion)." It's not immediately obvious how you have to tweak the stat weights to get that; I was fooling with it last night to try and get it to validate my own gemming without success (though to be fair, it was 3AM, who knows how coherent I was).

The issue might simply be that we're looking at two different weighting schemes below and above block cap. When I'm striving to reach block cap, I'd use the CTC-heavy weights that reduces the dodge/parry value. Once i can reach cap, I'd want to use the normal set that prioritizes dodge/parry. In other words, I'd shift excess mastery to stamina where I can (gems, or reforges that let me switch gems) and to dodge/parry where I can't (reforges that don't let me regem).

I would've still expected one weight set to work (the over-cap one), but I couldn't seem find it last night. All of my attempts lead to it sacrificing stamina for more dodge/parry (undesirable) according to the Stats breakdown, which didn't make sense to me, since I was weighting stamina more heavily than mastery/dodge/parry. Perhaps I'll fool with it more today.

In addition, it liked to switch me over from Flask/Feast to mastery elixir and food. I'd actually prefer those options be toggle switches, simply because I prefer to optimize my gear around the Flask/Feast combo. Having it switch on me is a big enough mastery swap that it completely regems everything.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Korendil » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:20 am

What Theck said, and a whole lot better than I did. :D
Tichondrius (US)

Korendil

Postby Kelaan » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:57 am

Also, Mr. Robot seems very much about "what is best in slot". That's great, if you can get it, but I often want to compare more frugal choices of gems.
Kelaan

Postby theckhd » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:47 pm

I managed to get some stat weights that I think are doing what I want; however, it's still shifting me over to mastery food/elixir, so it's hard to tell. Here are the weights though, in case others are interested to try them:

STR: 0.349 (default)
STA: 0.67
Mastery: 0.99
Dodge: 0.8
Parry: 0.8
Armor: 0.155 (default)
Expertise: 0.1
Hit: 0.05
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Marblehead » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:03 am

theckhd wrote:I managed to get some stat weights that I think are doing what I want; however, it's still shifting me over to mastery food/elixir, so it's hard to tell.

It probably does that because you're 0.3%-ish below the block cap with cauldron/feast. For everyone that uses something different than the cauldron/feast combo is impossible to find stat weights to fit his gearing strategy, until it gives us the option to select what flask/elixirs/food to use.
Life is not difficult, people are.
Marblehead

Postby Kthx » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:37 pm

askmrrobot.com just updated their beta site, emailing fanmail@askmrrobot.com should get you the new link.
Kthx

Postby Jkdc » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:23 pm

Chardev is updated for 4.3 now
Jkdc

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice