Remove Advertisements

[10] Morchok

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Morchok

Postby frontallobe » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:48 pm

(I'll edit and update if it changes for live)

I was able to test this guy a few times on the PTR. It's a 2 tank fight. It's pretty easy but here are some things that may help.

- Don't glyph DP as most damage is melee
- Taunt off when other tank has 3 sunders (crush armor) or simply when your stacks fall off
- Save GaK for 20% when he enrages
- Dedicate 3 ranged who can runNgun to b-lining to the crystal and absorb (druid stampeding roar is nice here)
- Everyone else stacks on the outer melee range of his hitbox
- The two closest people (tanks) take 2x the damage from stomp so having everyone stack within 25 yards but not up his ass is clutch.

In short it's very easy but thought I'd start the conversation (see: bored and waiting for patch)
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Re: [10] Morchok

Postby Paoanii » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:32 pm

I'll just relay my experiences from the PTR: The armor buff doesn't really require 2 tanks. The armor debuff falls off every time he yanks everyone to the center and does his blood thing, and the stomp when split properly doesn't do enough damage to be life threatening with 6-7 stacks. Even at 10 stacks divine protection (unglyphed) mitigates more than enough for it to be healable and to top it off his melee damage is just about negligible. Our first try on this boss ever we solo tanked it with a fury warrior taking the other large part of the stomp and solo healed it without an issue. Even with only 3 people splitting the damage at one point the fury warrior and I were barely dropping below 50%.

The only time the damage in that fight really becomes noticeable is when he drops below 20% and enrages, and even then with Bloodlust he dies so fast it doesn't matter.
Paoanii

Postby Belloc » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:52 am

It shouldn't be unexpected for damage numbers to go up between PTR and live, so focusing on how the fight is meant to be executed is best.
Belloc

Postby Darielle » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:47 pm

In saying that, assuming you plan to do Heroic and use two tanks and split Morchok and Kohcrom entirely, you might as well get used to single healing the tank on Normal mode if you're going to do it for Heroic a week later.
Darielle

Postby Phonic » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:24 pm

I heard reports that heroic doesn't have the sunder armor crush effect?
Phonic

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:27 pm

I would hope not. I was wondering about it earlier, since it'd make the fight pretty impossible if two tanks are fighting two Morchoks and both are applying the stacking debuff. It's a mechanism normal mode only needs to make sure there's a role for both tanks.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:46 pm

This fight was fun but lol, 1 shot. The PTR videos helped a lot.

Assign 3 ppl to get all the orbs (we used 2 ranged + 1 heals) and then when he does the shards/ooze, run away and use shards to avoid ooze.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Thuryn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:20 am

On normal, we definitely could have 1 tanked it. I was the 2nd tank and never actually tanked the boss. My guild's blood DK never had his sunder stacks get above three.
Thuryn

Postby saif » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:34 am

I was thinking this was one-tankable. After killing him last night, I think we will do this with one tank - the debuff drops off a lot, and even if not, the slime phase clears it anyway. As a second tank I was often helping soak crystals so DPS could just nuke.
saif

Postby frontallobe » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:05 pm

I one tanked it last night on Live. Coordinate some CDs when stacks get high and you're good to go but honestly there's really no disadvantage to having two tanks since there's no real disadvantage to being safe-than-sorry
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby degre » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:49 am

Done it last night in 25N and is a one tank fight.

I think you might want to have a second tank if your tanks are dressed in rags and you want the OT to pull after the second stack, otherwise there's no point.

MT was going up to 3 stacks and I was taunting off him just to get maybe a stack on me or not even that, going straight to the Blood phase. If your main tank can't solo tank Morchok normal I'd say you better go back doing 5men heroics.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:20 pm

I keep hearing different things for the crystals. LFR indicates that ANYONE can run to the crystal to absorb the blow, not just linked people. But normal difficulty says linked people need to get to the crystal. So which is it?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:28 pm

LFR will use the closest players, so if the linked ones don't move in it will relink to the closer ones.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:35 pm

Then why did someone in this thread above my post indicate "dedicate two ranged and a healer" to run for the crystal? Unless you mean, have them stand closer and get purposefully linked.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Normal links to the closest players too. The links just indicate who are going to take damage, and how much (the color changes as you get closer, and you take the least damage when you're right on the crystal, with the links turning blue) for the current positions of the raid. Selection of who will take damage is by distance from the crystal, and changes continuously.

So if you want say 3 people to be taking the damage, have them run to the crystal, the links will all point to them as soon as they're closer than other people.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)