Remove Advertisements

Hour of twilight Heroics.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Hour of twilight Heroics.

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:40 am

Hai. I'm not really willing to go with pugs on PTR on those istances knowing the average player i'd find, i'm looking for either a quick guide to them, or a site which has it on.
Anyone?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Hour of twilight Heroics.

Postby RedAces » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:28 am

End of Time
First 2 Bosses are randomly selected, last Boss is Murozond (Nozdormu corrupted).

Jaina
  • clear a big place for her because she randomly teleports around
  • Dodge the big ice-swords that are flying towards you after a blink.
  • Jump into the fire orbs on the ground - otherwise they'll explode for massive damage.

Baine Bloodhoof
  • Don't stand in the lava, melees can dip a few seconds into it to gain extra damage.
  • If he throws a totem next to you, throw it back.
    If he jumps and shatters a plattform, swim to another plattform, Tank has to use cooldowns.

Sylvanas
  • Don't stand in the purple things on the ground.
  • If she ascends stay inside the circle and focus 1 ghoul, go outside of the circle where you killed the ghoul -> safespot, everywhere else is onehit-wonderland.

Murozond
  • BEFORE the pull stand exactly where you want to stand the whole fight, assign 1 DPS (or heal) as clicker.
  • He tail-swipes and breathes!
  • If you get overwhelmed by void zone click the hour glass, this resets everything (HP, Mana, Cooldowns, it even rezzes you...)
  • USE ALL your damage cooldowns and heroism (EVERY FRICKING TIME!)

Well of Eternity
Follow Illidan, don't do anything stupid. Kill Mobs if he says so, otherwise stay out of trouble.

Perotharn
Kill him, dont stand in shit.

Queen Azshara
  • Assing 1 DPS on interrupting her when the emote spawns, if you don't interrupt you'll wipe.
  • Kill the mages that become available.

Mannoroth
  • Kill the NElf-Guy (Varothen)
  • Assign DPS in assisting tyrande so she doesn't get overwhelmed by adds.
  • Procede to kill things. (May have changed since last few patches)

Hour of Twilight
Beware of the big trash groups in there, you may need CC.
Dont remember much in here, but beware of every thing on the ground.
RedAces

Postby rodos » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:36 pm

What's the trash like? I always find the trash in heroics harder and more stressful than the bosses.
rodos

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:44 pm

rodos wrote:What's the trash like? I always find the trash in heroics harder and more stressful than the bosses.

Lots of vampires. The sparkley ones use blood sap.
Jeremoot

Postby Invisusira » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:48 pm

I too thought this thread was about the upcoming vampire soap opera.
Invisusira

Postby nekkehd » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:44 am

Trash is easy. Both zuls ands some cata heroics are a lot harder. If you know the fiiights its easy. we wiped on the first boss twice because range wouldn't move for blue fire and stayed in moon aura. Hardest part about 2nd boss is make sure you all atk same one so marking ground makes it easier. The other ones is ally tank and spank and move from w.e they're aoe is
nekkehd

Postby Ezharon » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:11 pm

I found the 3 new heroics pretty easy, and I'm a bit disapointed. I don't raid anymore since may (so I've never raid FL in 4.2 and have only a 370 average ilvl). I've never test PTR neither.

And I've cleared the 3 in a row without a single wipe and queuing in LFG yesterday after the maintenance (I'm playing on EU side). And same today morning still queuing in LFG.

I too feel like some Cata heroics were harder back last year.

For those looking for strats, check at http://www.icy-veins.com.
Loatr Tankadin since patch 1.9
Ezharon

Postby Invisusira » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:26 pm

"heroics"
Invisusira

Postby rodos » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:49 pm

I think we're seeing a move back towards LK-style heroics, which is what Blizzard hinted at wanting to do for MoP. There really won't be any heroic 5-mans - just that lvl 85 5-mans well be labeled "heroic". Then you get LFR, which is dungeon-difficulty raiding, then actual raids.
rodos

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:47 pm

Run all heroics with three melee, makes any fight fun.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:05 am

Unfortunately, the Icecrown heroics were much more of a challenge than these were. Disappointed.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:59 am

Nikachelle wrote:Unfortunately, the Icecrown heroics were much more of a challenge than these were. Disappointed.

My experience with the first two ICC says otherwise and HoR was solely based on PuG healer ability. Judging by a the same server healer we had last night going "wow real DPS" when we did an Hour of Twilight after the raid, things can be bad.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:47 am

Nikachelle wrote:Unfortunately, the Icecrown heroics were much more of a challenge than these were. Disappointed.

Likewise, but we arguably aren't the target audience of these things.

The Well is absolutely gorgeous. I have high hopes for the art in MoP.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:20 am

fuzzygeek wrote:

Likewise, but we arguably aren't the target audience of these things.

The Well is absolutely gorgeous. I have high hopes for the art in MoP.

This isn't directed at what you said fuzzy, but your words resonated with me.

I'm getting tired of being called "not the target audience" for everything. Be it dungeons, heroics, or raids, or whatever the fuck. Most of us have been playing this game for years - WE ARE THE GODDAMN TARGET AUDIENCE. We're not ALL of it, but we're certainly a decent chunk of it. It seems to me the only thing that raiders are the "target audience for" anymore is heroic raids. Seriously, is that all we get? Everything else is the target audience for "another group", but don't worry, we get heroic raids.

On a lighter note... I agree that The Well was very pretty. And it was just as pretty as the opening area for the Pandaren monks. I look forward to the bright, vivid colours coming with the expansion.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:32 am

I'm sympathetic to Blizzard, a bit, in that they're victims of their own success. Their playerbase is so large and variegated that no matter what they do, it's going to alienate and piss off a bunch of people. I wish they would go for a more "dungeons for all, heroic dungeons will eat your face; LFR for all, raids for those looking for a challenge, heroic raids will kill your progeny unto the tenth generation."

Instead, dungeons and heroic dungeons are relegated to a pit of suck. Heroic dungeons should require you to be, well, heroic, not require that you have a pulse.

With the introduction of LFR perhaps we'll see more granularity across the board in MoP. One can hope.
Last edited by fuzzygeek on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Normal and Heroic 5-Man Dungeons