LFR information and experiences

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR information and experiences

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:27 am

Passionario wrote:
Fenrìr wrote:No wipes though...it's pretty dummy proof so far. And that makes me a sad panda.

Why?

Because being able to go in there and with no one knowing what's going on and face pulling a boss and not wiping, is not raiding. Yes, call me an elitist, but I did expect some sort of leading to be needed to be done.

I did see the start of several key things this patch that tell you of very important things happening and what you have to do to stop them (IE: Azshara's MC).
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Steve » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:45 am

Removing the challenge from LFR was the entire point. You equate raiding with challenge, and that simply need not be the case. LFR is meant to be an entirely different game experience from normal/heroic raids.

I do, however, empathize with your position.
Steve

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:53 am

It was talked up as being in part a new stepping point up to raids - you could see it as introducing the basic mechanics of raid encounters so people learn how to deal with them; but when they're tuned so you can fail at that and still not have problems, it defeats the purpose.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Epimer » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:59 am

With regard to healers being asleep at the wheel... I've run the first four bosses with two different healing toons and all you need is two competent healers, two more who are pressing buttons some of the time and the final two might as well be letting their cat play for them (and may well have been, looking at the meters).

Still ran into very few tanks who used their cooldowns at all appropriately, though.
Epimer

Postby Passionario » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:35 am

I find your lack of faith in LFR public disturbing.

I am more than certain that they will find new and creative ways of wiping over and over again in the days to come.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Sagara » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:42 am

Well I haven't seen many a "one player drops the ball kills the raid" mechanic in there, but maybe I didn't look at the right place.

It's not like trying to PUG Lich King 25 and his Defile. Could you IMAGINE trying that in LFR? :p
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Passionario » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:15 am

Sagara wrote:Well I haven't seen many a "one player drops the ball kills the raid" mechanic in there, but maybe I didn't look at the right place.

It's not like trying to PUG Lich King 25 and his Defile. Could you IMAGINE trying that in LFR? :p

I don't see any Defile-like "one mistake dooms everyone" mechanics on Normal, either.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:16 am

I already am experiencing the fact that doing more than 10k DPS in 372 ilvl is hard.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Hokahey » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:57 am

Its truly just a loot parade/sightseeing expedition. A hair's breadth from being a very flashy loot vendor. Horribly boring if you're looking for a challenge, and terribly disappointing if you're looking to meet new people. If you're there to see the bosses and get a shot at loot, then you're there for the right reasons. Otherwise, you have erred. Perfect for players with limited time to devote to raiding, players with weird play hours/schedule, brand new players, alts, and those who are terminally cursed with social ineptitude, but are at least capable of being quiet.

I honestly don't mind. I'm glad it isn't a substitute for "real" raiding, and to be honest, the chances of you actually winning something in there are so slim that it just barely makes it worth the time to bother. I have a strong sensation I will never win a piece of gear in it, although I will more than likely be doing it every week.

I wholeheartedly approve of the system as it stands now.
Hokahey

Postby Winkle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:11 am

So far 2 4/4 clears on two separate characters and 0 wipes. I've tanked both runs and assumed leadership regardless of who the leader was.

Nice running as a guild and needing on loot to then distribute amongst mains. Quick T13 set bonuses ahoy.

The challenge is certainly minimal to non-existent, i would say its easier than the new 5-mans.
Winkle

Postby Passionario » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:39 am

An LFR system that requires good leadership, coordination skills and extensive planning is like a restaurant (or a fast food establishment) that gives its customers raw meat and requires them to cook it.
Passionario

Postby Dantriges » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:44 am

But the food is rather bland.

Not much interaction, not challenge, it´s like playing a singleplayer game in godmode.
Dantriges

Postby Astronomic » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:49 am

econ21 wrote:How does raid leadership work? I guess it's like LFD, you tick a box to queue as leader and the LFR tool picks one?

Not sure how it initialy picks but last night after our normal modes we went into LFR and asked whoever was lead to pass since our gorup was both tanks and 1/2 the healers, worked out well

1st boss, didnt explain anything and won
yor'sahj we called out which slime to kil and what the raid had to do as far as stacking or spreading
Zon'ozz just had raid in 2 groups which in hindsight was unneeded
Hagara my fight explanation consisted of "stay out of the blue lines and dont get hit by ice walls" and we didnt wipe on any of those.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:51 am

Dantriges wrote:But the food is rather bland.

Not much interaction, not challenge, it´s like playing a singleplayer game in godmode.

QFT and that makes me a sad panda. :(
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:13 am

Pizbit wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Just ran through it in less than an hour. I know the point was for it to be easy... but it was disappointingly easy. Not a single wipe.

I feel kinda dirty.

I think the best way to look at LFR is as a 25man 5man.

And that's exactly what it felt like. It felt like 25 people ganging up on a mob. Seriously, seriously overkill. There is ZERO challenge to that raid.

Anyone that applies to my guild and cites "LFR raids" as "experience" will definitely be laughed at.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General