Remove Advertisements

Replacement site for CharDev

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Replacement site for CharDev

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:04 am

Well, as I suck with the math portion of converting values into something sensible and/or semi accurate due to DR and stuff and I noticed that CharDev is probably not going to be updated any longer. I like the functionality of CharDev of swapping gear, gems and enchants with a fairly accurate math system.

So is there anything else out there that is similiar to this?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Re: Replacement site for CharDev

Postby Kelaan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:43 am

I use Wowhead's profile system. (You need to create a free wowhead account.) You can import your character, search for upgrades (on a weighted list), make hypothetical profiles, etc. You're limited to a few, but I don't often have more than a couple at a time. (e.g., "how does full S11 honor/conq gear compare to mainly 378 Ret gear for PvE dps?") Simulationcraft can already import data from wowhead profiles, so you can mock up gear and compare, for example, reforging for all mastery vs reforging for haste or crit.

I do not like or trust their defensive rating calcs, though: they seem to have level 80 percents or pre-cataclysm things for like block% or parry/dodge percent. It's very frustrating. You can use the CTC spreadsheet someone else posted and have it calculate percents from ratings, but I wish the wowhead one were better. However, it's still tremendously convenient, and I especially like its seamless integration with their weighted/filtered item search for finding upgrades.
Kelaan

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:49 am

Yea, I was trying to keep it down to a single site if possible. Oh well, c'est la vie.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:26 am

My point was that I use only wowhead. Its item search is second to none, and profile editing is top notch. Give it a shot, I'm unaware of anything CharDev did better than what wowhead does (except calculate defensive percents, but even that's something I recall it being weird on). The only other tools I use are simulation tools or Ridach's CTC calculator spreadsheet.
Kelaan

Postby Awyndel » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:22 am

Mr robot is pretty ok on combat table calculations.

Only downside is that they do not have all the gear in there.

The stat weights are a bit off for unhitable. But you can adjust them yourself.
Awyndel

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:47 am

Awyndel wrote:Mr robot is pretty ok on combat table calculations.

Only downside is that they do not have all the gear in there.

The stat weights are a bit off for unhitable. But you can adjust them yourself.

Mr Robot also seems to fail for set bonuses, and overvalues hit for dps.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby sahiel » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:25 am

halabar wrote:

www.askmrrobot.com should be rather good for Prot Pallies specifically as our very own Theck worked with them on the stat weights and getting the values correct, so in that respect at least we can trust it to be pretty accurate.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby anafielle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks for this thread. I was also mourning the loss of CharDev as I depended on it to fix gear sets with ease and then import gear into Simcraft. The wowhead suggestion is a good one, I will try it out.
Anafielle, 90 Retribution Paladin in <Something Wicked> :: Armory :: Twitter

Sacred Duty: Theck, Meloree & Ana's blog

"Hold on, hold on, let me make sure I've got this straight. You're telling me that a critical part of our strategy for this fight will be to have the ret paladins go stand in the fire? Yeah, we can handle that." -- DSWarden
anafielle

Postby halabar » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:49 pm

sahiel wrote:
halabar wrote:

http://www.askmrrobot.com should be rather good for Prot Pallies specifically as our very own Theck worked with them on the stat weights and getting the values correct, so in that respect at least we can trust it to be pretty accurate.

I was playing with it last night and it seemed not to factor in set bonuses at all.

Also, the iPad app for MrRobot is more functional that the website I think. Seems to work smoother.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Eroslight » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:05 am

Also - to quote "Zoopercat" on the MMO-Champion forums (posted on 05 Dec 2011):
Hey there, I'm one of the people behind AskMrRobot. We're launching a site redesign in about a week that will make it a character builder as well as an optimizer. We're adding features that allow you to select any gem / enchant / reforge that you want, and lock it in. So then Mr. Robot should be able to fully replace chardev. We also have an export-to-SimC feature

As of right now, you can get PVP items to show up by changing the options in the lower left part of the tool. Select the PVP season you want to include.

You can also select Mr. Robot's PVP stat weight presets, but, if you're a big PVP'er I want to warn you those presets are probably not up to your standards. All of our PVE presets are very, very well researched, but there is little PVP stat weight information out there. In any case, you can always edit the stat weights to your liking!
Eroslight

Postby Ardrhyst » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Eroslight wrote:Also - to quote "Zoopercat" on the MMO-Champion forums (posted on 05 Dec 2011):
Hey there, I'm one of the people behind AskMrRobot. We're launching a site redesign in about a week that will make it a character builder as well as an optimizer. We're adding features that allow you to select any gem / enchant / reforge that you want, and lock it in. So then Mr. Robot should be able to fully replace chardev. We also have an export-to-SimC feature

As of right now, you can get PVP items to show up by changing the options in the lower left part of the tool. Select the PVP season you want to include.

You can also select Mr. Robot's PVP stat weight presets, but, if you're a big PVP'er I want to warn you those presets are probably not up to your standards. All of our PVE presets are very, very well researched, but there is little PVP stat weight information out there. In any case, you can always edit the stat weights to your liking!

12/5 was a little more than a week ago. Is this already in place?
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Kthx » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:42 pm

edit: Looks like the beta site is now down.
Kthx

Postby Awyndel » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:38 am

Looks like mr robot has the 4.3 gear atm, and I can use my own statweights. Can't change gems/enchants etc far as I can see but they have that planned anyway.

Only downside is I STILL cannot select all the gear I am wearing. In prot it just doesnt show the ret tier pieces. Not sure about the pvp cloak, should work.
Awyndel

Postby Kthx » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:37 pm

askmrrobot.com just updated their beta site, emailing fanmail@askmrrobot.com should get you the new link.
Kthx

Return to General