[10H] Ragnaros

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Ragnaros

Postby gomashon » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:02 am

Ghuul wrote:The real DPS-Race didn't happen in P3 for us. It was all about the perfect execution of the second Phase transition. Once we had the scions about to die when we killed the last son, we met the DPS requirements for the 1-meteor-strat.

Its much easier to meet the dps requirements for only spawning 1 meteor in 10man than in 25man. If you have good dps in 10man and get 1 meteor even without heroism, you could go for heroism in phase 4 to make that phase shorter. In such case you can also probably hero in start of p1, making the fight shorter in total. shorter fights = less time for mistakes to happen. Though I would only do this if you are sure you will get 1 meteor only.
Group Therapy (Ravencrest-EU), 2 raid days per week, 8/8 25-Heroic, always recruiting.
gomashon

Postby Bellante » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:24 pm

Regarding the randomness of root spawns, it CAN be controlled (more or less) completely by having a tank run out when the timer for the root is coming up, then taunting Rag out of it if it spawns under him. Then the main tank just taunts back when he does Empower Sulfuras.
Bellante

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:51 am

Bellante wrote:Regarding the randomness of root spawns, it CAN be controlled (more or less) completely by having a tank run out when the timer for the root is coming up, then taunting Rag out of it if it spawns under him. Then the main tank just taunts back when he does Empower Sulfuras.

There are times when you run out and then he puts the roots toward the direction you chose to run, they almost can't be avoided there unless you have a high mobility tank on the job (or if you're willing to risk death by rocket boots). It's also a little dicey if the roots spawn directly in the center of his model, sometimes you still can't get him out in time.
baleogthefierce

Postby Bellante » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:01 pm

Ye, it's not completely proof, but in our progress, we felt it to be immensely annoying that we had to ping-pong taunt him more or less every p4 try, which can be avoided a lot of the time. Definitely useful to be aware of the possibility, even if it can still go awry, as you describe :)
Bellante

Postby warden » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:56 am

Something that has helped us a lot (on 25) is, if available, having a dreadflame runner that can taunt in these situations. It also helps with the chance that the roots you need to get him into spawn in a large mass of dreadflame. Two or three times on our last kill we had unlucky roots later in p4, and I (as a dreadflame runner) had to help taunt juggle him with our tank or taunt him into roots that, at that point, had spawned in a corner of the platform we'd given over to the dreadflame.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby cncaudata » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:27 pm

There are times when you run out and then he puts the roots toward the direction you chose to run, they almost can't be avoided there unless you have a high mobility tank on the job (or if you're willing to risk death by rocket boots). It's also a little dicey if the roots spawn directly in the center of his model, sometimes you still can't get him out in time.

The trick to this is that roots never spawn on top of the breadth, so if you move to the other side of the breadth you won't ever have roots in between you.
cncaudata

Postby baleogthefierce » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:56 pm

cncaudata wrote:

The trick to this is that roots never spawn on top of the breadth, so if you move to the other side of the breadth you won't ever have roots in between you.

wow all this time ping ponging Rag between the tanks and it's so obvious. Now that the tier's over at least we'll have one more kill where I can do it this way :P
baleogthefierce

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:05 am

I know this is now "old" content, but many will probably still be going back. I've been reading some reports on MMO that state that the Magma Geysers are no longer a mechanic for Heroic Rag.

Anyone else experience this?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:51 am

Seen several 7/7H guilds confirming it on R&D, so pretty sure it's true. We'll find out tonight.

Grats everyone who was stuck on P4, there isn't really anything to wipe on now other than taunt mishaps.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby fafhrd » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:00 pm

FWIW, Zarhym confirmed that it's an intended change, including the hilarious explanation that "The reasoning behind this change wasn't so much to make the fight easier, but rather because the mechanic just wasn't really playing out the way we wanted it to."
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:18 am

"The reasoning behind this change wasn't so much to make the fight easier, but rather because the mechanic just wasn't really playing out the way we wanted it to."

l...o...l.

A bit late in the game for that to be believable.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:15 am

I love how some people just automatically disbelieve everything Blizzard says.
Belloc

Postby Darielle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:16 am

That guy from TG took a lot of effort to try and justify his conspiracy theory.
Darielle

Postby Brosterr » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:17 am

It is true. I killed him last night and it is a complete fucking joke. As obvious, you just stack in the breadth. P3>P2>P1>P4 < no joke.
Brosterr

Postby Chicken » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:11 pm

That explanation makes sense as far as I'm concerned yeah. It's easier now certainly rather than having to carefully manage your triangle formation sure, but it was always clear to me that wasn't the intended tactic.
Chicken

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)