Remove Advertisements

pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Barathorn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:05 am

So after finding out my PC won't run Star Wars and thanks to Xmas meaning I will not having any spare cash to upgrade for a while I asked a friend and got a 21 day trial of Eve.

I have to say, the pace was slow to start with, the tutorials weren't as helpful as they could be and the learning curve is steep but it looks beautiful, has a certain something that drags you into the game and runs like a dream even on my old machine.

I had a really good time just doing the starting missions and mining and I recommend the game to anyone who likes to plan ahead at developing their character.

I still don't have a clue what I am doing however.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
User avatar
Barathorn
Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:08 am
Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:59 am

While hitting Back from the SWTOR thread and reading this thread title for the umpteenth time I have concluded it would be more appropriately applied to TOR

I mean Jedi are totally laser paladins in space.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10455
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Rakona » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:30 pm

so, I'm still bored as snot, and trapped again in a null sec station with the corp i am in moved to another alliance. so I'm not renewing eve this month. we'll see how things go along, but yeah, unless something crazy happens imma be mia for some time. leaving an email address in my profile here if anybody needs to contact mah.
Image
User avatar
Rakona
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:19 pm
Location: the dark corner of your mind.

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:00 pm

Sabindeus wrote:While hitting Back from the SWTOR thread and reading this thread title for the umpteenth time I have concluded it would be more appropriately applied to TOR

I mean Jedi are totally laser paladins in space.

While you have a fair point on the "class" concept, you're going to actually have to fly in SWTOR before it counts though. Ships on rails with a space backdrop don't quite cut it, I could go back to TBC for that.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9640
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby aureon » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:35 am

Prepare yourselves, patch week is coming!
User avatar
aureon
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:41 pm

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Invisusira » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:11 pm

New expansion means a new login screen and new theme music. I was quite fond of the Incarna score, so I made sure to archive it. After looking around on the web, I found there's a lot of love for the other old login screen themes, so I dug around to find high quality versions of all of them and uploaded them to my website this morning.

http://www.modenstudios.com/EVE/music/
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Malthrax » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:54 am

I like the new backdrop for Crucible, but the music is jarring and irritating (to me)... much preferred Incarna's.
User avatar
Malthrax
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Invisusira » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:24 am

Yeah, I liked Incarna's login music a lot more, too. Fortunately, you only have to listen to it for a few seconds!
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby aureon » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:35 am

i actually prefer crucible music.
User avatar
aureon
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:41 pm

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Invisusira » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:44 am

Hulkageddon will be starting in January; this is an annual event where people go around suicide-ganking Hulks in high sec. This means two things:

1) If you're a miner, particularly one in a Hulk, probably take some time off or be prepared to lose your ship.
2) Hulk prices will be jumping drastically in the coming couple months.
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Invisusira » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:45 am

Random factoid of the day -
I've been toying around in my head how much WoW gold is worth vs EVE isk. After trying to figure out how much is "a lot" in each game, I finally just went to a gold buying site to see what the real money value is. Turns out about right.

A Large Amount:
1,000,000,000 ISK ≈ 25,000 Gold

A Decent Amount:
40,000,000 ISK ≈ 1,000 Gold

A Useful For Small Purchases Amount:
1,000,000 ISK ≈ 25 Gold

Still looking for Sum Bara in game!
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Malthrax » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:52 am

Invisusira wrote:Random factoid of the day -
I've been toying around in my head how much WoW gold is worth vs EVE isk. After trying to figure out how much is "a lot" in each game, I finally just went to a gold buying site to see what the real money value is. Turns out about right.

A Large Amount:
1,000,000,000 ISK ≈ 25,000 Gold

A Decent Amount:
40,000,000 ISK ≈ 1,000 Gold

A Useful For Small Purchases Amount:
1,000,000 ISK ≈ 25 Gold

Still looking for Sum Bara in game!


so a 40,000:1 ratio, appx.


Interesting. I managed to hit 1M gold in WoW after about a year of semi-serious AH shenanigans. Wonder if I can hit 40B in EvE in a similar amount of time.
User avatar
Malthrax
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Barathorn » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:51 am

Invisusira wrote:Still looking for Sum Bara in game!


I believe the person you may be looking for is a young girl by the name of Seera Vandelli.

I got my Scythe this weekend so after a week of on and off playing I have a Scythe and a Thrasher and some half decent skills.

What I don't have is a plan from here other than socialising with my friends in their small corp.

I would like to fly a fleet support ship I think that can shield tank and shield transfer - think a disc priest in Eve I guess. Any ideas?
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
User avatar
Barathorn
Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:08 am
Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Malthrax » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:32 am

Barathorn wrote:
Invisusira wrote:Still looking for Sum Bara in game!


I believe the person you may be looking for is a young girl by the name of Seera Vandelli.

I got my Scythe this weekend so after a week of on and off playing I have a Scythe and a Thrasher and some half decent skills.

What I don't have is a plan from here other than socialising with my friends in their small corp.

I would like to fly a fleet support ship I think that can shield tank and shield transfer - think a disc priest in Eve I guess. Any ideas?


http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Scimitar

T2 upgrade to your Scythe
User avatar
Malthrax
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 am

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Invisusira » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Yep, either the Scimitar or the Basilisk would fit the bill for you. The Basilisk is more or less better at the role than the Scimitar, but the Scimitar is faster and more agile. Plus it looks like you're already going for Minmatar ships.

Shield Emission Systems IV, Logistics IV, Energy Management IV, Energy Systems Operation IV are all pretty much required as a minimum to fly a shield logistics ship well. You'll also need to train Minmatar Cruisers to V.
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Era and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Era and 0 guests