Remove Advertisements

Warlock 5.0

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Warlock 5.0

Postby Astronomic » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:48 am

So I think after looking at all the changes warlocks seem to be the most changed DPS.

Affliction - main nuke now is a channeled spell "malifec grasp" that seems to apply a haunt-like buff, removed haunt, soul shards are now exclusive to affliction.

Demo - took out immolate from rotation since its now destro exclusive, added "crazed imps" which has me imagining an army of little imps following me around. Everything now works off of soem new resource that i can't rememebr off the top of my head (demonic fury maybe?) that is generated through spells.

Destro - no more chaosbolt (huzzah!) and immolate is exlusive to destro, also get a different resource that i cant remember again.

My general impression was that they are 1. Trying to make rotations easier by taking out a few moves like haunt and chaos bolt 2. They want to make each spec more unique 3. make demonology have more demons.. still wanna see beast masters have a multitude of beasts.

Side note, i have no idea where blizz got the whole "warlocks = teleporting" thing from, but the new portal thing (see nidus canal from starcraft) seems like it could be vewy intawesting
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Re: Warlock 5.0

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:11 am

I had always been a fan of Affliction, but if I play in Cataclysm I'll probably end up speccing my Warlock Demo. It just sounds the coolest right now.

That opinion might change once I see how the actual play-style of each spec plays out.
Jeremoot

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:27 am

If affliction plays like a shadow priest does currently... I might finally be able to level a lock. Though multi-demons (if that's what it is) would be pretty sweet.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby poptart » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:44 am

Astronomic wrote:Side note, i have no idea where blizz got the whole "warlocks = teleporting" thing from, but the new portal thing (see nidus canal from starcraft) seems like it could be vewy intawesting

It would make fights where you needed to kite a boss (think Heroic Shannox in order to drop the debuff) way, way easier if you had a Lock in raid rather than not.

Sure, you can get some of that same effect with Lifegrip or Heroic Leap or Intervene or whatever...but a built in port PLUS that other stuff?

It will be an interesting mechanic to watch.

Poptart
poptart

Postby Astronomic » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:48 pm

Skye1013 wrote:If affliction plays like a shadow priest does currently... I might finally be able to level a lock. Though multi-demons (if that's what it is) would be pretty sweet.

Well on 1 tier of the talent tree you can either pick a stronger demon, summoning a 2nd demon for 30secs every 2 mins, or sacrificing a demon like in bc. I want a screen shot of infernal + felguard + succubus + zergling pet + army of imps + demon form with a caption saying "sorry voidwalker, nobody likes you."
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby bldavis » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:13 pm

it sounds like my demo spec will be back!
i like the sounds of it so far
/insert xibit demon pic
YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE DEMONS SO HOW ABOUT SOME DEMONS WITH YOUR DEMONS ON YOUR DEMONS?!?!?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby rodos » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:15 pm

poptart wrote:
Astronomic wrote:Side note, i have no idea where blizz got the whole "warlocks = teleporting" thing from, but the new portal thing (see nidus canal from starcraft) seems like it could be vewy intawesting

It would make fights where you needed to kite a boss (think Heroic Shannox in order to drop the debuff) way, way easier if you had a Lock in raid rather than not.

Sure, you can get some of that same effect with Lifegrip or Heroic Leap or Intervene or whatever...but a built in port PLUS that other stuff?

It will be an interesting mechanic to watch.

Does seem like something sufficiently game-changing that it would need to be spread around a little.

Perhaps they could give mages one of Jaina's mass teleports. The "To me, heroes!" that she uses in PoS could work - mage gets a (large) targeting reticule, anyone inside gets teleported to the mage's current location.
rodos

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes