Remove Advertisements

pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Invisusira » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:25 pm

http://igb.the-rising-stars.com/Welcome is the Rising Stars website; it's a little outdated. Forums are in a separate spot. Applications and stuff are all done in-game anyway, tho.

Oh hey, an INTERNET SPACESHIP BATTLE-REPORT?

Ran a few missions tonight with Jhehrrin dual-boxing a command ship and a Noctis.

DPS was high, and missions went quickly. Unfortunately, we took a profit cut - our first couple missions were being run in an incursion (50% bounties). After we realized what was happening, we jumped a few systems over, only to get a couple drone missions in a row (no bounties). However, we still finished out the night with everyone making about 20m each.
Invisusira

Postby laterna » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:05 am

Suggested to our corp to do some Incursions fleet, might give it a try at some point, they mentioned having done some incursions in drakes etc.

(this came out of me showing intrest in Incursions and WH's)

Hopefully we might end up running a small fleet through incursions, I know that if we have people in BS we might do it, but at not optimal speed
laterna

Postby Torakka » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:00 am

Invisusira wrote:My corp is currently doing a recruitment drive, so if any of you are looking for a corp, check em out. I've had a lot of fun with them.

Being in the same corp I support this statement. The Rising Stars, our main corp, is pretty PvP-focused and Academy's main point is to give new members PvP-training, so if you're interested in that side of EVE, I'd surely recommend you to give TRGSA a shot. PvP in this case doesn't mean straightforward piratism, but we do roam low- and null-sec from time to time shooting any neutral and/or hostile that isn't alert enough to escape and we also do gate-camps near our base of operations.

laterna wrote:Suggested to our corp to do some Incursions fleet, might give it a try at some point

If that does happen, mind telling about it in here or corp forums too? Currently Skyrim is taking most of my play-time and thus I have logged-on pretty much only to update skill-queue, but I'd definitely be interested in Incursions.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... /ezarioth/ -retired, maybe this time for real...
Torakka

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:35 am

Quick couple of questions to help me decide if I want to try out EVE:

1) Do I have to have a trial code/purchase the game prior to being able to download?

1a) If so, does the time it takes me to download count towards my trial time (I have a slow enough connection that it takes me 2-3x the amount of time to download updates for games as it does my friend in the states.)

2) Magnets... er... skill queues: How do they work? More specifically, can I queue up skills for days at a time and it will train them as long as I'm logged in? Or can I only queue a days worth (with higher times at the end of the day to go over), and then have to set my queue again the next day?

3) How long can I idle before getting disconnected (assuming I don't have internet issues?) Is it like FFXI in that I can remain logged in for as long as my internet connection is active or like WoW that disconnects after ~30 min?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:48 am

1) No, downloading the game does not require your account to be set up or a credit card/payment plan to be active. You can download the game at no cost in money or playtime. You can either set up your own trial account and get 2 free weeks of play, or I can send you a buddy invite and you get 3 free weeks, plus I get a month free if you decide to subscribe (hint: you should do that!).

2) Skill queues have a 24 hour window, and you do not have to be logged in for your skills to train. You drag the skills you want into the queue, up to 24 hours worth. The last skill you drag in will train until completion, so if you drag a skill with a 5 day training time, it will continue training past the 24 hours until it's done. (So you could queue up 23 hours worth of skills, then drop that big skill in at the end, and it would all train without you having to log in.)

3) As far as I know, you don't ever get logged out unless you do it yourself. I've had EVE running in the background when browsing/working in Photoshop/playing Xbox for long periods of time and never gotten logged out by the game.
Invisusira

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:28 am

Awesome, might try setting up the download before I hit the bed tonight. I'll be sure to give a shout when I'm ready for a buddy invite :D.

Is there still a monthly cost or is it F2P after the initial purchase?
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:26 am

There is a monthly subscription cost. You can also buy game time with the in game currency as well. Here's some info about that: https://secure.eveonline.com/PLEX/

Obviously, the in game cost is high, and it's not likely you'd be regularly making enough money to play completely for free for awhile, but it's an option.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:32 am

Ah, that must've been what I've been confusing myself with. Thanks :).
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby aureon » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:18 am

i'd expect to be able to PLEX on the third month, reliably.
I currently plex 3 (soon 4) accounts (:
aureon

Postby Invisusira » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:01 am

Something else to keep in mind, there is no real "initial cost;" it's like, 5 or 10 dollars or something. No buying a retail version + expansions like WoW, just the monthly fee ($15 or ~400 million isk per month).
Invisusira

Postby laterna » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:06 am

Right now the best thing I can suggest to a new guy is to train a boat to run Incursions. With fleets averaging between 50M-120M each depending on the size/sites done, you get a lot of ISK (risk is involved if your logis suck, however, 3-4 hours of incursions running cover a basic BS, which pretty much means that even if you die afterwards, you're still okay-ish)

+this method ensures you get to experience fleet combat (granted its pve not pvp), get some basic fleet concepts +start paying for your plex.
laterna

Postby Kelaan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Yep. Also, it sounds like even frigates can be useful in Incursions, as you're (if I understand it right) small enough and fast enough that you are in less danger from the big ships, and can help tackle and clear out the enemy small ships. If incursions give ~20M/night, then it sounds like you only need ~20 nights of running incursions to pay for a PLEX (or most of one), right? :D

My trial period has run out, I believe. Thanks, Invis, for the extra week.
Kelaan

Postby aureon » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:10 pm

it's not 20m/night, it's 100m/h for a cutting edge fleets.
And no, frigates are not useful =P
aureon

Postby Kelaan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Hah. OK :D I misread the details of Invis' earlier post then, and was going not by what optimal fleets can do but rather what he was reporting for an evening's take.
Kelaan

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:06 pm

$20M/night per person for a group running a few level 4 missions. Incursions are harder.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games