Remove Advertisements

12.5k, Uncrushable, but I have 9 epics.. Am I doing it Wrong

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

12.5k, Uncrushable, but I have 9 epics.. Am I doing it Wrong

Postby Tada » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:55 pm

I don't get this at all...

i was 12.5 k, and uncrushable in blues, with just the green fortress bracers. Now, with all my epic gear, i am still rolling at 12.5k.. wtf am I doing wrong? I am really pissed off at this...

here is my armory link, please help

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Equaled
Tada

Postby Jensaarai » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:54 pm

Your trinkets. The trinkets I'm wearing grant 87 stamina by themselves.

You could also replace your 4def/6stam in your helm with +12 stam but your trinkets are where you're seeing the missing stam.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Duseld » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:43 am

Im in 3/5 tier 4 and nothing but epics but only at 11.5k but I have 19% dodge 19 parry and 21 block.
So you sacrifice quiet a bit of stam for a lot of avoidance.

For instance my tier 4 legs lose me around 60 stam but gain alot of dodge.
Don't hate the game, stab the player.

Duseld

Postby Mortehl » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:34 am

Duseld wrote:Im in 3/5 tier 4 and nothing but epics but only at 11.5k but I have 19% dodge 19 parry and 21 block.
So you sacrifice quiet a bit of stam for a lot of avoidance.

For instance my tier 4 legs lose me around 60 stam but gain alot of dodge.

You should take a look at mine. I'm unbuffed 13027/ self buffed 13997 with 21.26 dodge/15.89 parry/22.98% block. You have a bit more mitigation then I do, but I think the way you're geared you're running too fine a line for spikey wtfpwned damage. As an FYI I have all my tier 4 aside from the chest which I have passed on repeatedly since I have panzar'thar; I just choose to wear only the shoulders and head because the gloves and the legs are teh suck. Seriously, almost all the t4 legs are quite probably the worst pieces of epic gear in TBC.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Atreidies » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:09 am

Mortehl wrote:I just choose to wear only the shoulders and head because the gloves and the legs are teh suck. Seriously, almost all the t4 legs are quite probably the worst pieces of epic gear in TBC.

QFT. The legs are horrible. Being an avoidance geared tank is useful at times, but it just can't compare to having the stamina to withstand the barrage of attacks you can potentially take.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Duseld » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:28 pm

I have Stam gear that gets me to 13,900 unbuffed but Gruul and Maulgar rape my ass without maximum avoidance.

an extra 7-8 hits missed out of every 100 is nothing to sneeze at at grow 14 when he 1 shots the highest of health tanks :P

For Spell Damage fights, slow hitting spike bosses and mobs I go the HP gear, but avoidance tanking is much easier on the healers.

We tend to run with 1-2 healers below the normal anyway so the less hits I take the easier it is on them.
Don't hate the game, stab the player.

Duseld

Return to Basic Training & Talents