Remove Advertisements

Indomitable Pride

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Indomitable Pride

Postby Ulrik » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:16 pm

Picked up an Indomitable Pride and decided to test a bit. Looks like it can proc on any amount of any type of damage. It also only absorbs physical. This was the 43% raid finder version.

Sounds like a really poor choice to me. I'd make my final decision testing fight to fight seeing how much average amount of absorbs I'm getting vs say the heal from Scales of Life I could have.
Ulrik

Re: Indomitable Pride

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:02 am

The proc is chaos, on one end of the spectrum a dot ticks you over and you get a 2k bubble. On the other hand, if it's Soul Reaper that knocks you over, you're going to get a massive bubble.
Jeremoot

Postby Treck » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:10 am

What i find makes it annoying is that it proccs whenever something reduces you below 50%, thats like every other hit.
With an internal CD of 60sec, its not at all going to be usefull when you would want it, but rather procc at a useless point, not to mention prolly proccing of something doing 1-2k dmg giving you no real benefit, and then not activating in 60sec again.
Id much prefer a reliable shield when you go really low, instead of it beeing a cointoss between getting much or little benefit, when your at half HP

Its not final, and can STILL be changed a bit, hopefully.
Treck

Postby Schroom » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:08 am

imagine wearing it while tanking baloroc and the second Decimation blades hit you. The healers will fall asleep for the coming minute or so ^^
Schroom

Postby theckhd » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:49 am

It may be a poor choice, but it's still better than the other stamina trinket (large mastery proc) for us. :/

I guess this is just a tier of shit trinkets. I'm guessing at this point that I'll be running Indomitable Pride with the vendor mastery/dodge trinket.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:15 am

theckhd wrote:I'm guessing at this point that I'll be running Indomitable Pride with the vendor mastery/dodge trinket.

Do you have data for what the Vendor trinkets are? Do we know if there are rep items yet?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:19 pm

theckhd wrote:I'm guessing at this point that I'll be running Indomitable Pride with the vendor mastery/dodge trinket.

Isn't the vendor trinket passive? I'm curious as to why you chose that over something like the Spindle.
Jeremoot

Postby Paoanii » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:30 pm

My take on the Spindle compared to the vendor trinket is that even if you have the Spindle, if you're taking enough damage fast enough to drop below 35% (enough to proc the shield), then 9 times out of 10 you will die on the next swing unless you get a heal. If you do get the heal before the next swing, the shield was largely wasted and instead just reduced damage taken slightly. It's a shield that isn't quite big enough to save your life in the situation you need it for and usually gets wasted. The vendor trinket, on the other hand, provides a cooldown for a large amount of dodge that can be timed to always be used optimally, meaning it will almost never be wasted like the shield from spindle.

The debate is similar to the one raised by the Holy Shield change: would you rather take more damage overall and have more control over your damage intake or take slightly less damage overall?
Paoanii

Postby Ulrik » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:58 pm

Schroom wrote:imagine wearing it while tanking baloroc and the second Decimation blades hit you. The healers will fall asleep for the coming minute or so ^^

Like I said in the first post, it only absorbs physical.
Ulrik

Postby theckhd » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:51 pm

Jeremoot wrote:

Isn't the vendor trinket passive? I'm curious as to why you chose that over something like the Spindle.

The vendor trinket is a dodge on-use:
Fire of the Deep

There's a heroic version on the PTR database, but I'm pretty sure it won't exist, just like heroic versions of most of the 4.2 vendor loot didn't exist. Still, the non-heroic version seems like the best option for a 2nd trinket, unless you can hit mastery cap without it and want to go dual-stam (but even then, the mastery proc is a complete waste for us, so we're probably better off using the mastery trinket and converting mastery->stam via gems).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Dantriges » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:51 pm

For completion´s sake. My warrior co tank found this as the dodge choice.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77201

He was pondering, if it could be a replacement if the dodge stay up for most or all of the fight.

The trinket choices sound like a choice between crap and meh.
With the exclusion of the vendor one.
Dantriges

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:16 pm

Again, argh.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:55 am

Ulrik wrote:
Schroom wrote:imagine wearing it while tanking baloroc and the second Decimation blades hit you. The healers will fall asleep for the coming minute or so ^^

noticed the "second Decimation blade"? after this what follows? right, white hits. which ARE physical. next balde is a minute after this, so healers could actually use really cheap heals to bring you up again after that second decimation blade and safe a lot of mana, as the gained shield should be pretty huge.

combine this with the souldrinker and wow, would love to test this sometime, just for the sake of it.
Schroom

Postby Jaitee » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Schroom wrote:
Ulrik wrote:

noticed the "second Decimation blade"? after this what follows? right, white hits. which ARE physical. next balde is a minute after this, so healers could actually use really cheap heals to bring you up again after that second decimation blade and safe a lot of mana, as the gained shield should be pretty huge.

combine this with the souldrinker and wow, would love to test this sometime, just for the sake of it.

it would only be 45% of your max health (with the normal mode trinket) which really isnt that much on that fight maybe enough to soak 3-4 hits
if you where to be super tricky though you could get a shield 220% of your health by taking a crystal so you get the debuff that causes you to take 5 times more magic damage then popping divine guardian and praying that you only take one decimation strike
and i think the shield has a pretty short duration which would further inhibit your ability to screw around with it on baleroc (or alot of other fights with a single massive attack)
Jaitee

Postby Jkdc » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Schroom wrote:
Ulrik wrote:

The shield only lasts for 6 seconds. It fades ~1.5 seconds after the delay between the last decimation and the first melee hit.
Jkdc

Next

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations