Top 10 Most Popular Names by Class

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Top 10 Most Popular Names by Class

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Flex wrote:
fafhrd wrote:I'm still boggling over how Glitterstorm is apparently a popular warrior name.

It is one of the most popular Blood Elf names.

And they all ride sparkle-ponies?...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby culhag » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am

Seeing the names-by-race list, I'm surprised how the new race/class combinations seem to take a lot of the top spots. Particularly Dwarf Shamans, Gnome Priests, and Tauren Paladins.

So either they're very popular, or people all choose the same names.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:03 am

OMG! I totally just figured out my monks name... need to make sure it isn't taken when I get home >.>
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:06 am

culhag wrote:Seeing the names-by-race list, I'm surprised how the new race/class combinations seem to take a lot of the top spots. Particularly Dwarf Shamans, Gnome Priests, and Tauren Paladins.

So either they're very popular, or people all choose the same names.

Well I think some of that is because people making their first character tend to make names that aren't designed to have some in-game meaning. You wouldn't make a shaman named boomshock, when you've never played a WoW and don't really know much about shocks. When new races come in, a large percentage of them are made by existing players.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:16 am

Who have a lot of time to discuss the "best" puns on forums and such, thereby making them more wellknown.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:03 am

Makes sense. :)
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:17 am

Skye1013 wrote:OMG! I totally just figured out my monks name... need to make sure it isn't taken when I get home >.>

Holyroller - "That name is not available."

Well damn...
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Astronomic » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:09 am

Mine's "Monki", also have Pandaconda on reserve
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby Stubblerump » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Least popular name, paladin or otherwise: Stubblerump. :D
Stubblerump

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:15 am

I was thoroughly surprised the first time I scanned the Armory for Shoju. There are 113 Shoju's on the US side. I was very excited, thinking that maybe there were a lot of L5R players who were playing wow. But then I found that Shoju was also the name of a character on Dr. Who, and that made me sad.

It is also a common term for a type of Sake (though it is more closely translated as Shochu). Oh Well. I know there are at least 2 L5R based Shoju's out there.
Shoju

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Tbh i'm still personally wonder who the other "Worldie" are... there's a few around
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Shyrtandros » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:40 pm

Shoju wrote:I was thoroughly surprised the first time I scanned the Armory for Shoju. There are 113 Shoju's on the US side. I was very excited, thinking that maybe there were a lot of L5R players who were playing wow. But then I found that Shoju was also the name of a character on Dr. Who, and that made me sad.

It is also a common term for a type of Sake (though it is more closely translated as Shochu). Oh Well. I know there are at least 2 L5R based Shoju's out there.

L5R!!! I miss my favorite TCG money sink... god I used to dump soo much money into that game.. I think I need to buy some of the books, I miss the stories more than the game I think.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Koatanga » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:46 pm

Astronomic wrote:Mine's "Monki", also have Pandaconda on reserve

Mine will be a tank: Sumo

I also have reserved Kungphu and Karatechop.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Shoju » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:33 am

Shyrtandros wrote:
Shoju wrote:I was thoroughly surprised the first time I scanned the Armory for Shoju. There are 113 Shoju's on the US side. I was very excited, thinking that maybe there were a lot of L5R players who were playing wow. But then I found that Shoju was also the name of a character on Dr. Who, and that made me sad.

L5R!!! I miss my favorite TCG money sink... god I used to dump soo much money into that game.. I think I need to buy some of the books, I miss the stories more than the game I think.

If you have a facebook, Love L5R, and don't hate clicky facebook games, there is Emerald Empire. It's free, run by a fan of the game, not AEG, has forums with "story telling" RP type stuff, and is an overall good time.

Yes. I miss that game. I think about playing it again from time to time, and then decide that I'm better off not getting back into the CCG Rat Race.

I have been Shoju in some form or another since Ikoma Andy's Trading board back in the day.
Shoju

Postby Cattleprot » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:06 pm

I would have to argue that my name 'Cattleprot' is awesome for my Tauren Paladin :D
Beefadin
Cattleprot

Previous

Return to General