Guarded by the Light.

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Guarded by the Light.

Postby Baneslayer » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:47 am

Yes I know another one of these topics. Anyhow I was posting some info on the main forums to help someone with their tanking and someone started to point out to me some flaws in my post. Most of them were right, some was because of my own laziness and what not but the one I am still not convinced upon is Guarded by the Light.

Can I get some definite answers on the benefit of this talent? With WoG on a 20 second cooldown, it seems kinda useless now. Not saying Word of glory is useless, but is the talent worth speccing into to?
Baneslayer

Re: Guarded by the Light.

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Short answer: The utility of this talent depends greatly on your use of WoG.
If your use is marginal and just occasionally when you fall down, the talent is quite lackluster.
On the other hand if you make extensive use of WoG both reactively (to heal damage) and proactively (to prevent damage, es using WoG on yourself before taunting), then both the 10% bonus and the overheal bubble are worth it.

On extra thought, what talent you'd really want to pick instead of GbtL?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Celyn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:41 pm

It was a reply to a debate he and i were having on the official forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3580918245#9
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis
Celyn

Postby Baneslayer » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:58 pm

Worldie wrote:Short answer: The utility of this talent depends greatly on your use of WoG.
If your use is marginal and just occasionally when you fall down, the talent is quite lackluster.
On the other hand if you make extensive use of WoG both reactively (to heal damage) and proactively (to prevent damage, es using WoG on yourself before taunting), then both the 10% bonus and the overheal bubble are worth it.

On extra thought, what talent you'd really want to pick instead of GbtL?

I was putting into hallowed ground. My guild was progressing on Lord Rhyolith and I liked the extra damage. I forgot to change things around.

Cel and another pally have my convinced to try bringing back GbtL tonight on our rag attempts with some new guys so I am going to be fixing things up a bit tonight. I think we also had a bit of a misunderstanding.

Going to try it out tonight. :x

It was a reply to a debate he and i were having on the official forums:

Hey man I have seen you before. :P
Baneslayer

Return to Basic Training & Talents