Remove Advertisements

One tank fights

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: One tank fights

Postby Lieris » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Treck wrote:The threat debuff increases physical damage taken by 100% aswell.
So not sure its suppose to be onetanked.
Not saying it cant be done, but pretty sure its suppose to be dualtanked.

That just applies to heroic mode and there it changes from current target and one random to two randoms. If the DPS check is as tight as it should be you may as well take an extra DPS and just roll the dice and hope you don't get it but if you do, use a cooldown so you can be healed through it: With the looming darkness debuff you won't be taking all the hour of twilights.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:49 pm

Rhagen wrote:
Lieris wrote:Ultraxion is one tankable, just taunt as soon as you get the threat debuff. I had to do this because my co-tank kept dying early. Heroic mode is almost certainly supposed to be one tanked judging by the wording in the dungeon journal (changes from current target plus one random to two randoms).

i can confirm this, i have done it as well and its just about timing of using the ability to not die from the debuff.
right now 6/8 fights on normal mode are looking to be solo tank fights.

Thank you for the confirmation. :)

(wait, shouldn't that be 7/8?)
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhagen » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:43 pm

Lieris wrote:
Rhagen wrote:
Lieris wrote:Ultraxion is one tankable, just taunt as soon as you get the threat debuff. I had to do this because my co-tank kept dying early. Heroic mode is almost certainly supposed to be one tanked judging by the wording in the dungeon journal (changes from current target plus one random to two randoms).

i can confirm this, i have done it as well and its just about timing of using the ability to not die from the debuff.
right now 6/8 fights on normal mode are looking to be solo tank fights.

Thank you for the confirmation. :)

(wait, shouldn't that be 7/8?)

Ahh right ye 7/8 forgot about spine for abit lol but not happy with so little multi tank fights : (
Rhagen

Postby Treck » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:04 am

I would hardly say its 7/8 tbh.
Sure those 7/8 fights CAN be solotanked, ON NORMALMODE, not heroic.
Normalmodes are allready going to be easy, and in many cases, you are doing it harder by using one tank on several fights.
And if you now want harder content, then do heroicmodes, and then you wont be having the same problem that your only bringing one tank to the fights as the mechanics are different.

I think their intention is that if your having a casual group, just clearing stuff for fun, you should not be dependant on having every possible raidbuff ever available to you, and you dont have to rely on having two good tanks all the time.
Then you can get by with only having one tank.
If your then going serious with hardmodes are progressing them, you are in a tight spot if you dont have the available raidbuffs, so they kinda assume you do, and they assume you have a second tank available aswell.
Thus heroicmodes are likely to be using two tanks.
Theres obviously some exceptions with some bosses, from what we know now, only really hagara seems to be a stright forward onetank fight.
Bouncy ball faceless requires two tanks on the tentacles on heroic (maybe could be tanked by a plate dps, so not completely ruling it out as a candidate)
Spine could also be a candidate, but depending on what strategy is going to be working best for heroicmode.
And maybe if you always kill the debuff add on the second faceless you could bring one tank, but that seems like a big sacrifice just for the sake of using one tank.
Not much is known about the madness fight on heroic, not ruling it out as a 2tank fight tho.
Treck

Postby Arincia » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:40 am

Is there thoughts on 2 vrs 3 healing for some fights on NM? Just trying to get a good idea for initially going through and raid comp.
Arincia

Postby Rhagen » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:50 am

Arincia wrote:Is there thoughts on 2 vrs 3 healing for some fights on NM? Just trying to get a good idea for initially going through and raid comp.

morchock you can probably 2 man heal with ease
faceless ones maybe 3 healers depend on the healers gear
hagara you can probably solo heal unless they majorly buff the damage
ultraxion 3 healers for the healer buffs
gunship 2.0 easy 2 man healable
spine 2 man heal is my guess, not alot of damage going on there.
Madness i think it depends on what platforms you do and how quick the group is dealing with mechanics

just my thoughts tho.
Rhagen

Previous

Return to General