Remove Advertisements

Netherspite red beam dancing?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Netherspite red beam dancing?

Postby Wakeman » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:37 pm

It was my guild second time downing Netherspite yesterday. (I was not in raid at the first down.) We had a more experienced maintank from another guild, who taught us a method of single tanking red beam: stand in the red beam for a few seconds, then move out a few secs, and moved back for about five seconds until red beam buff on netherspite is ended, and repeat. I was not very clear how this would work at that time, so the job was left to him and another arms warrior. =/

After that, I checked the wowwiki. Someone added this strategy on it! Damn, if only it was there a month ago and I knew it before!

Anyway, I will try it next time. can someone talk about their experience with this method? How long would you stay in red beam and then move out? How many stacks would you have usually at the end of portal phase?

As I side note, I actually tanked red beam once about two weeks ago. We were using two people for red beam for each portal phase at that time. However, the other guy forgot to take over the red beam and I took the full stacks of red beam! Somehow I did not get killed, and tanked Netherspite till the second portal phase and we wiped for some other reasons. I had ~17k hp raid buffed at that time but as an afterthought I don't know how I survived. :P
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby jere » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:56 pm

I have always beam danced the red beam. It isn't too bad as long as you are patient.

I typically end up with around my base unbuffed HP's by the time the phase is over (sometimes more).

1. Get in the beam.
2. Let it stack to 5 on you
3. Side step a few steps and wait for the beam graphic to switch off of you
4. Let it stack 3-4 times on him
5. Side step back into the beam
6. Let it stack 5 more times on you
7. Repeat till end of the phase.

As long as you don't stay out of the beam for too long, it shouldn't give you the debuff. Most of it is a feel thing. You have to watch your Max hit points and the phase timer to get a feel for if you are staying in too long or not long enough.

EDIT:
Here is a video where the tanks beam dance for phase 1, 3, etc. It differs from my guild's strat in that we run out in phase 2, 4, etc., but their way seems to work as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFbJB7GGK7c
jere

Postby Wakeman » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:19 pm

Thanks a lot! This is just what I want to know! I think I know what to do next time. The video is very good at showing how the two tanks did it!
Wakeman

Postby Zeels » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:22 am

Out of interest do you tank the green beam in next phase? Do you dance in that also if that is the case?
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Aalryn » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:39 am

I just go in.. wait 3 seconds, go out for 3 seconds and repeat.

As far as the green beam.. no i dont go in it. Have a rogue, warrior, or feral druid take it as there is no negative side effect.

Another trick to nightbane is to not run out when he is in his nether exhaustion phase. You can stay in and dps, just when he begins casting get behind him (so you have to stay close to him).

Our fastest time is 1 nether exhaustion phase.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Katatonia » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:38 am

I tank the green beam on even phases, and no, you don't want to let the green beam hit him at all. Dancing is fine for blue and red (non-tanks should not dance red, I split the red phases I have exhaustion for between a dps war and a feral druid, neither of whom have the gear to actually tank anything currently).
Katatonia

Postby Tiandelin » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:01 am

It's worth noting that the green beam decreases ability cost even on classes without mana. There's no real 'downside' to a pally tank taking the green beam, since aggro isn't a concern, but it's better for a non-mana dps class to take it if possible.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:13 am

I always danced in and out of the red beam, I figured this was common knowledge...
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Nicos » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:19 am

WTB Video of someone doing /dance in the red beam.
Nicos

Postby Balls » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:23 am

Personally, I just watch my hp the entire fight. By the end of the phase, you want to have around 10-15k hp pool.
Balls

Postby Altare » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:17 am

My guild has just started Netherspite, and we got him down the second week of trying. The first was all over the place with people trying to remember which beam to tank, and we found a way to make it easier for everyone. Having both tanks dance the red beam is the core really. I usuall take the beam first, and I find you can generally be a bit lazy with how long to stay in the beam for, but make sure you're not out for longer than 4-5 seconds. I usually have my normal HP at the end of the phase. When the banish phase begins, everyone except the next red beam tank runs to the alcove. By staying by his legs, the tank can keep DPS up without being hit, and be the very first to aggro as soon as the portal phase begins again. We the MD from a hunter while the tank looks for the red portal. This stops Netherspite running about the room too much and makes the crossover easier for everyone else.
Altare

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:06 am

If you play with the sound on, the sfx for the beam is about 4 seconds and it loops constantly. I just move in and out of the beam in time with the sound, and surf maintankadin in another window...

Spite's been kind of buggy lately and has a tendency to move around just before/during/right after banish. Last night he almost left the room, for some reason. It was very odd.

Aggro does matter a little during this fight; he occasionally will fixate on a clothy and bite their head off if you're not paying attention.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Wakeman » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:15 am

Woot! Tanked the red beam last night! We downed it on the second try. (First try too many people died early and Netherspite enraged. @@)

Now I have tanked every bosses of Karazhan! :D
Wakeman

Return to Karazhan