Remove Advertisements

Some Vent help

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Some Vent help

Postby Khanakazi » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:44 pm

I use the same method as Invis, special effects and raise/lower as needed to adjust when i run vent on my mac-top. fortunately my guild is fairly small and doesnt have a lot of people with mouse voices (or screamers for that matter) so i didnt have to do it too frequently.

i do have an additional question while we are on the subject though. is there a way to macro or otherwise keybind certain in game settings so i can toggle or adjust them on the fly, instead of having to go through the main menu and adjust them there? specifically things like in game SFX volume, music volume, and the option to display health/mana as actual numbers or as percent.

i sidestepped the volume control issue by running vent on a seperate computer, but if there is an easy way to adjust things like that on the fly that would make life a lot easier.
Khanakazi

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:03 pm

I kind of solved the problem with the special effect for the whole raiding channel.

At least for now. >.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Khanakazi » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:12 pm

wait til someone you raid with who refuses to use push to talk decides to get a dog, thatl change real quick when it starts barking :shock:
Khanakazi

Postby Teranoid » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Khanakazi wrote:wait til someone you raid with who refuses to use push to talk decides to get a dog, thatl change real quick when it starts barking :shock:

Gmute fixes that! :D
Teranoid

Postby degre » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:26 am

Am I too late to say buy a PC? :lol:
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:38 am

Sabindeus wrote:Guys, the compressor is a feature of DirectSound that Ventrilo uses on Windows. Ventrilo is not written to use any equivalents on Mac OS X. There's no need to link him to the instructions when he clearly said in the OP that they don't work for him.

Worldie, your problem has no solution. Sorry.

I did say I had no idea if it would work on a Mac.

And I linked it for two reasons:
1) In case it DID work for Macs
2) For anyone that didn't know about it that uses Windows

Anywho, if you're content to use the "Special Effects" option, more power to you, but I got tired of having to edit it for every single person that logs on. Since editing a channel is only effective if they're all quiet/loud, and not a mix.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:58 am

degre wrote:Am I too late to say buy a PC? :lol:

But then I would lose access to in game video recording and iTunes playback control.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Previous

Return to General