Remove Advertisements

hmm ok then, this is so wrong.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: hmm ok then, this is so wrong.

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:22 pm

500% threat, getting a massive threat lead was never difficult in the first place, now an infant could do it.

This is normal. As others have said, however, you should stay and help kill the boss while moving out of things, etc.
Jeremoot

Postby Koatanga » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:34 pm

The reason for the treat change was that there were geared raiders queuing for random heroics, in order to farm chaos orbs, who would be grouped entry-level tanks who had no hope of maintaining aggro. It has nothing to do with holding threat against similarly geared people.

And yeah I am right there with most on this: You just don't go AFK while tanking. There is more to life than holding aggro.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:37 pm

in 5mans, i see how far up the dps meter i can go
for example in stonecore, i am normally top on the cultist packs before the final boss

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby BlackNet » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

So everyone here is advocating tanks having hit/expertise caps then? Is that what I am reading?
Uncomfortable truth : We're all pugs.
BlackNet

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:44 pm

BlackNet wrote:So everyone here is advocating tanks having hit/expertise caps then? Is that what I am reading?

This feels like familiar territory.

Caring about DPS in general is not the same as gearing for DPS at the expense of survivability
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby lythac » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:47 pm

BlackNet wrote:So everyone here is advocating tanks having hit/expertise caps then? Is that what I am reading?

I am reading that we should always look to complete our rotation at 100% optimisation, as DPS is rarely wasted and contibutes to getting bosses down faster. Taking DPS stats at the expense of survivability stats should only be done when the risk of dying is trivial, so 5 mans (or when you are doing tier 11 normal raiding content and wearing 378+, your mileage may vary).
Last edited by lythac on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:51 pm

im not sure about pallies but warriors and bears dont use hit/expir
survivability is more important then an extra 300dps

that is what our main point is if you are afk, you arent using cds to help survive and ease the stress on your healers

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:57 pm

No, we are advocating about *Do the best DPS your gear allows", not about "Gear for DPS".

It's different ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:35 pm

I can steer a car with my knees.

Doesn't mean I should.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Koatanga » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:45 pm

I think we're advocating actually playing the game rather than going AFK.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Teranoid » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:03 pm

BlackNet wrote:Perhaps next time I will go take a shower, do laundry, run around the block, or find something else to do during a boss fight.

Or you could yknow.. tank something that matters and then realize how ridiculous your post and general line of thinking is.
Teranoid

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:11 pm

I think that everything that needs to be said on this topic has been said already. Not to mention that this topic has been discussed to death on these boards already.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Previous

Return to General