[10H] Majordomo Staghelm

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Majordomo Staghelm

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:59 am

Well, I had to move staghelm near the dps guys that were taking on the orbs. We needed as much dps as we could muster. And I could tell when someone was getting hit by a leap as I'd see their health bar drop quite a bit...

The thing is, normally our second kill and forth are much cleaner and better executed...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Arincia » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:12 pm

Glad that worked out for you. I believe as far as movement their is only 2 times we move the boss.
We stacked near the edge of the circle in the room closest to him so we move him back to center when first st of slashes are done. The next time is when the orbs spawn and i have to adjust the bosses position for melee to be in range of orb. Otherwise its just keeping the boss in the center of the circle as a easy stack point for everyone.

As far as leaps later on make sure everyone has a speed boost talent or enchant to help reduce the time they are in the void zones. They can start to get in 2 shot range at the end of the fight if your in them to long.
Arincia

Postby Darielle » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:04 pm

The Leap is completely avoidable if you start moving before he actually Leaps.
Darielle

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:37 am

Yes, just people having some tunnel vision. This is what delayed us getting Ragnaros down before the nerf. Eventually, with time, we'll do flawlessly (or at least, with less people getting hit) -- what matters is that we killed him, so now we got more confidence.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:20 am

SO, We've given HC Domo a try for our second heroic boss. So far, it hasn't been very classy -> http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/yrgadb07kpr01j2q/ here's the log.

For the record, the Warrior is our OT, and we had a DK, Arcane mage and boomkin + druid healer rotate outside the cleave to see who would do best. We tried a "normal tactic, enhanced" with 10 slashes/5/5/5/9/5 and it usually wiped pretty much then.

I'm planning giving it another spin next week, armed with all the fine tips and tricks here. I'll probably start with a handfull "zero slashes" pulls, as leaps seems to be a sticking point. And if the lesson doesn't stick, I'll probably look at my best players to organise a "ZERO NOTHING" strat like treck proposed. And if the lesson DOES stick, a couple tries with a handful of slashes on the first and/or third scorpion to see what flies best.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Winkle » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:47 am

Sagara wrote:SO, We've given HC Domo a try for our second heroic boss. So far, it hasn't been very classy ....

I think this thread has got about all the possible HC Domo information in by now. However i'll reiterate that i really really really think taking any amount of slashes is just making the fight that much harder/longer for yourselves.

0 slashes mean 2 healers. 0 slashes mean you only have to heal the tank + the people taking orb damage. 0 slashes means a much shorter fight due to concentration. Our melee do >40k dps.

Yes ideally your DPS will not get hit by leaps but people in my raid group still get hit every kill. As long as they're at max health they won't die.

BTW why does doing 0/7 mean your players can't be hit by leaps but doing X/7 mean they can?
Winkle

Postby Sagara » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:54 am

My line of thought is using a cat-focused strategy while insisting on the importance of dodging the leaps. There won't be many breaks with 0 slashes, so they'll get hammered by leaps until they get. it. FRIGGIN. right.

Or, in more classy words: focused training :) Once I get a feel whether they can handle leaps (or not), I'll adapt the strat accordingly.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:35 am

Winkle wrote:
Sagara wrote:SO, We've given HC Domo a try for our second heroic boss. So far, it hasn't been very classy ....

I think this thread has got about all the possible HC Domo information in by now. However i'll reiterate that i really really really think taking any amount of slashes is just making the fight that much harder/longer for yourselves.

Harder is a relative term. I agree that the fight was longer, but we had better control during the orbs phase, which was what was killing us in the 0/7/0 strategy. Because we were able to get past the orb phase, we were able to progress more and, ultimately, get the kill.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Firas » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:42 am

To be honest even now my guild seems to derp it up when it comes to flame orbs.

So the stategy I made us switch to which gave us HUGE success is forcing melee to take an orb, and tanking domo right on the side of them so they can DPS them, and one orb NEVER gets leaped on. It requires some moving and coordination between me tanking and the healer but honestly it's worked out for the better.
Firas

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:48 am

That's actually what we do too.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:54 am

Klaudandus wrote:That's actually what we do too.

We do as well. Although I generally take the orb to 3/4 stacks and then a melee switches in and then we repeat that pattern. Two ranged with distance closers handle whichever orb is furthest from me.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Firas » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:55 am

But we are doing slashes, were doing 12/7/5-6?/7/10/6/?/?/?
Firas

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:56 am

Oh. How come? (Or did I miss that above somewhere?)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Firas » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:57 am

That's just how they've wanted to do it, and we continually kill him without error at this point so we've had no desire to switch it.
Firas

Postby Bellante » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:27 am

Thornbarry wrote:Unfortunately the youtube-Link provided by Treck for the permanent switching tactic is not accessible for me due to copyright reasons.

Does anyone know about another video showing this tactic?

Thanks in advance.

I've taken the opportunity to give a bit back to these amazing forums (downed Rag HC Sunday, 2 weeks after a 1% wipe) and made a video explaining how this is done. I hope it's useful:

http://vimeo.com/31430935
Bellante

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)