[10H] Alysrazor

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby Adornus » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Another comp you can try is 2 heals, 2 tanks, 3 fliers, 2 interrupters, 1 dps floating and on meteors. You may need a flier to help out on a meteor but that doesn't take a ton of dps away. This is what we currently do and finish before the end of one cycle.

As far as far as tank swaps in p4, use your best judgment. We usually swap after about 10-15 seconds.
Adornus

Postby RedAces » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:31 am

She cleaves ~12 times, so we always switched at 6 stacks.
RedAces

Postby Treck » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:09 am

We always switch at 8ish.
Since the tank taking it 2nd, will have to survive the blast aswell as meele hits, so its a bit more spiky on him, so we just prefer having less debuffs on that guy when the aoe comes.
Treck

Postby Vaastra » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:46 pm

We usually kill it with 1 tank , 2 healers, 3 dps in the air, and the rest on the ground. 2 dps on the ground switch to the meteors when they spawn (an ele shaman and a demo lock). Due to having three people up, Alysrazor dies just after the tornados, and with some switching, she could die before even them.
Vaastra

Postby oldboyz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:35 am

Vaastra wrote:We usually kill it with 1 tank , 2 healers, 3 dps in the air, and the rest on the ground. 2 dps on the ground switch to the meteors when they spawn (an ele shaman and a demo lock). Due to having three people up, Alysrazor dies just after the tornados, and with some switching, she could die before even them.

what the current i-level of your raid???

our 3top tank can quite easily solo the 2 birds now, but i'm not sure one can do it in HM (our roster average is 1-3 heroic piece at this time)
oldboyz

Postby Kishandra » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:22 am

oldboyz wrote:
Vaastra wrote:We usually kill it with 1 tank , 2 healers, 3 dps in the air, and the rest on the ground. 2 dps on the ground switch to the meteors when they spawn (an ele shaman and a demo lock). Due to having three people up, Alysrazor dies just after the tornados, and with some switching, she could die before even them.

what the current i-level of your raid???

our 3top tank can quite easily solo the 2 birds now, but i'm not sure one can do it in HM (our roster average is 1-3 heroic piece at this time)

It's more on the healers to keep the tank up rather than the tank's dps. Between the firestorm windup, the actual firestorm the arrival of the eagles with eggs, the dropping of the eggs, and the time to hatch, you really have an additional 35-40 seconds for one tank to clean up whatever's left on the hatchlings' hp.

The problem of course is that there -will- be times where both hatchlings are enraged and there's not a worm in sight.
Kishandra

Postby Belloc » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:28 am

Fortunately, one worm can feed two birds if you are solo tanking :P
Belloc

Postby Tenmei » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Belloc wrote:Fortunately, one worm can feed two birds if you are solo tanking :P

Is this happening nearly assured, or will you get times where one bird misses out on one worm? I've contemplated solo tanking it since our other tank isn't very solid.

Also do the birds actually cleave, or is that just an exaggerated attack for them putting the gushing wounds on their target? My OT and raid are all freaking out about positioning or the tank running behind a meteor with a bird because they think it cleaves.
Tenmei

Postby Kishandra » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:19 pm

From my experience (solo tanked this fight about a dozen times so far), you have around a 25% chance at having both birds eat the same worm. Definitely not guaranteed. Helps if you have two feathers - you're going to need to circle the room pretty fast.

The birds do not cleave.
Kishandra

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)