Raid CD reset - 2x a week on TW/KR realms

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Raid CD reset - 2x a week on TW/KR realms

Postby Ocin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:25 am

"on taiwan realms, CDs of all raids released in 4.0 and 4.2 will be reseted on Thu 9:00 and Sun 21:00 twice a week, VP is still 980/week."

"Indeed they are testing it there, then if everything will be ok it will be implemented here. Not that it changes anything, with the raid id extension option you can easily do things the way you do it now."

Vaneras Blue Reply:
"This is correct :-)

Our goal is indeed to expand this change to other regions in the future, however thorough testing is required. We will of course let you know once we are ready, but at this point in time we have nothing further to announce."

My initial reaction is they're trying to fix a problem that they created by over-nerfing the raiding content this tier.
Ocin

Re: Raid CD reset - 2x a week on TW/KR realms

Postby Flex » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:28 am

Ocin wrote:My initial reaction is they're trying to fix a problem that they created by over-nerfing the raiding content this tier.

My feeling is they addressing the "Can't do it with friends on 10 after doing it on 25 with my guild" while retaining a unified lock.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:31 am

So far I'm just going to think it's a bandaid-fix for those places getting Cataclysm way way later compared to other people.

2 resets per week seemb extremely stupid to me, would basically force top-notch players to raid more during farm content and would just make them lose one day (if even one) in progression.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:33 am

Ocin wrote:My initial reaction is they're trying to fix a problem that they created by over-nerfing the raiding content this tier.

They nerfed the raid content because people weren't progressing any more. Firelands took people longer to clear than Blizzard had expected, and they nerfed it when a lot of people had stalled.

Regarding the double lockout, our guild raids 3 times, a short one in the week and two on weekends. This change would put the raid reset at Wednesday and Saturday for EU, which means our current schedule would be 1.5 hours on 1 reset and 6 hours on another. Pretty much forces either not using both resets, or totally changing the times we raid - and that might not be possible for the people involved. Having a raid lockout in the middle of the week is pretty bad for people who raid on weekends.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Ocin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:41 am

KysenMurrin wrote:

They nerfed the raid content because people weren't progressing any more. Firelands took people longer to clear than Blizzard had expected, and they nerfed it when a lot of people had stalled.

Oh, I know why it was nerfed, I'm just saying it created a problem by making it too easy to clear it in one night.
Ocin

Postby Senador » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:46 am

It’ll go back to how it was in Wrath, when people could run 10s and 25s.

Most progression guilds will clear both IDs as a guild, taking a night or two a week to repeat it; just like they did with Wrath with the 10 mans. At worst, the guilds will extend their raid schedule a night or two to accommodate the additional time it takes to clear the raid twice.

Guilds that aren’t actively scheduling both resets will see the members either pug the second raid ID or put together off night raids within guild to try and clear it.

The biggest thing, is that with the Raid Finder having two resets, it means people will be doing four clears a week of the exact same content on the same character, like back in Tier 9. People will be doing Raid Finder in order to get their Tier pieces quickly, as well as to help gear up since it doesn’t interfere with their normal raid lock out, then will raid the instance itself. This was a pure recipe for burn out in Tier 9, and I don’t see this improving the situation.

I had thought that one of the main reasons for making 10 and 25 raids mutually exclusive was to actively prevent people from feeling compelled to raid the same instance multiple times every week; but this change actively encourages it instead.
Senador

Postby Zalaria » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:51 am

Yeah, that was my first thought on it. You CAN choose to extend your lockout to work on progression, but most people would feel compelled to clear the instance twice so they don't miss out on loot.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:52 am

Isn't the raid finder two raids not two times per week with a loot lockout per boss killed?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:56 am

The point is the mid week raid reset would add a second loot lockout to the raid finder tier as well as the regular raid, so you'd raid both twice weekly when you start out needing the gear.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:58 am

KysenMurrin wrote:The point is it'd add a second loot lockout to the raid finder tier as well as the regular raid, so you'd raid both twice weekly when you start out needing the gear.

Will it apply to the raid finder? I mean the raid finder already has no lockout so it doesn't play by existing rules.
Flex

Postby RedAces » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:00 am

LFR has no lockout except the lootlockout. Obv. if Dragon Soul gets 2 resets / week, the lootlockout should also reset twice a week.
RedAces

Postby Zalaria » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:04 am

Well, right now they've only mentioned that they're doing this for t11 and t12. They have said nothing about t13, and LFR will only have t13 when it comes out.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:05 am

And with LFR playing by its own rules it could totally not follow the twice a week reset.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:06 am

This is a great solution for guilds like mine, when we have 7 bosses, and multiple 1 day a week raiders who raid on different nights. I can't say anything but positive things for this change.
Shoju

Postby Ocin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:15 am

From some of what I've read on the forums (US/EU) it'll give us 2 raid lockouts per week on current content and the LFR will be the same as it's already been outlined. It's a horrible idea imho.
Ocin

Next

Return to General