25[H] Ragnaros

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: 25[H] Ragnaros

Postby Meloree » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:34 pm

PsiVen wrote:We've been trying to push P3 with one meteor while 4-healing, and I have a few questions about that:

- At exactly 10.0% does Rag stop casting meteors? He certainly seems willing to stick around and WoF after he should have pushed.
- What determines whether the meteor drops before or after WoF? Usually it seems to occur for us before, but not always.

-10.5%. That won't stop a meteor that's already on the way, of course - if you can see the ground effect, it's too late.
-I'm not sure. The meteor spawns first about 75% of the time, I think it's probably related to getting 4-pulse WoF or 3-pulse WoFs, and not something you can control.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:54 pm

We have observed closer to 10.6% (or rather he swaps phases 0.6% before he "should")
As long as the meteor hasnt spawning animation hasnt started ofc.
About when they spawn, i have no idea why there are good or bad spawns.
Some say its depending on the ammount of p2 spawns, but since you should be taking the same ammount every try that cant be right.
Some say its depending on how long the scions live, but that doesnt seem very accurate eather.
Some say its depending on if he did a 4pulse engulfing in p2 or not.

None seems to know what actually causes it, in any case its nothing you can control, so you will just have to hope for the best.

That said, 2 meteors shouldnt be to hard handling in p4.
I just hope your not wiping once you reach p4 with 2 meteors cuz your trying with one.
2 is still very manageable, even tho one is obviously a easier.
Treck

Postby celast » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:26 am

I am wondering how you handle empowered sulfuras and rooting ragnaros. I haven't done much research on the subject but for now I'm thinking about the tank not tanking raggy going to the roots , taunt when the cast is almost finished and root raggy. should this work or do you guys do it differently?
celast

Postby Treck » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:33 am

That works fine.
Theres no reason to delay a taunt, the second he starts casting, you can taunt it.
We just rotate tanks whenever we feel we should to reset debuffs and such.
Whenever the roots spawn, the tank who is currently not tanking starts heading towards the root and taunt when he is suppose to.
Treck

Postby Darielle » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:59 am

I just hope your not wiping once you reach p4 with 2 meteors cuz your trying with one.
2 is still very manageable, even tho one is obviously a easier.

Yeah, we're just pushing for 1 while we can. It seems to make a good focusing point too, because it gives people a goal to work at even if, say, p4 winds up failing hard on a given attempt (as opposed to - aww, we just spent 10 minutes to Geyser).
Darielle

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)