Massive Firelands Nerfs Starting Next Week

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Massive Firelands Nerfs Starting Next Week

Postby Zalaria » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:46 am

The body cannot be targeted in phase 1. I suppose it might be possible for aoe effects to hit the body, but I'm pretty sure all phase 1 damage is through the feet.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:11 am

Yep, cannot hit the body in P1.

I guess they mean "switch target often to stay central". What I tended to do was leaving the steer-leader in the middle so that he has less orders to give and can adapt the direction himself.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby lythac » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:13 am

Looking at logs it seems pets can hit the body in P1.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:32 am

Zalaria wrote:The body cannot be targeted in phase 1. I suppose it might be possible for aoe effects to hit the body, but I'm pretty sure all phase 1 damage is through the feet.

I can definitively say though that my Eye for an Eye procs at that time were hitting the body and were going through without any DR.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:10 am

I'll check that tomorrow night then.

Interesting...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Treck » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:12 am

Worldie wrote:I can definitively say though that my Eye for an Eye procs at that time were hitting the body and were going through without any DR.

Same thing works for rag in the transitions, Eye for an Eye deals damage to Rag if he hits you with his bolts when he is down under.
Altho im not sure dealing damage to his body actually changes anything in the fight.
As i think he is coded to set his hp to the combined hp of both his legs once p2 starts, thus dealing damage to his body wont change how much health he has when p2 starts, but im not sure of this.
On ptr his body was targetable but he had the damage reduction stacks on his body aswell, but he was just a little bit to easy to steer since hitting his body didnt do anything, so they changed it.
After that you could mouseover dps his body, but couldnt actually target it, after that they just made his body non interactive i guess?
Treck

Postby rodos » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:33 pm

People talk about him swinging around erratically on 10-man. I don't think I've ever seen the bar go all the way to one side in our 10-man (normal) kills. He always seems terribly sluggish to me.
rodos

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:40 pm

We had terrible trouble steering last week when we had 3 people on legs - sometimes he'd not move until several seconds after the bar had moved, and his speed seemed to vary a lot even with the bar at full (as in, he'd be slowly turning, then just when we needed to straighten him he'd do a half turn on the spot - and that's not during stomp, we know he tends to spin during the cast if he's off balance). This week, with 4 melee, it wasn't anywhere near as bad.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Previous

Return to General