Deathwing weapon and stat priorities

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Deathwing weapon and stat priorities

Postby Baek » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:03 pm

Hey just saw the new weapon that Deathwing is supposed to be dropping from Dragon Soul. http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77193

With that kind of proc, and seemingly low ICD, what do you all think this weapon will do to affect our stat priorities? I know at this point tanks should be CTC capped but is this going to change our gemming/enchanting/gearing strategies to pure stam? The heal isn't going to be huge at twice the 1.5% of your max HP but if the 6% buff to healing done/received affects this and if it procs all the time, it might merit changing the way we gear. Any thoughts on this? I know PTR is PTR and that weapon could change drastically before and even after it hits live, but I can't help but thinking that once a tank has this item, that self healing will be amazing.
Baek

Re: Deathwing weapon and stat priorities

Postby lythac » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:42 pm

Proc rate is listed as being 15%.

The 6% increase from healing to divinity would make it heal for 3.18% health if it applies.

I can't see it changing the way we gear, my question would be is the healing worth it over secondary stats. That amount of healing would likely get lost, but once block capping easily you could argue that secondary stats also would.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:59 pm

lythac wrote:Proc rate is listed as being 15%.

The 6% increase from healing to divinity would make it heal for 3.18% health if it applies.

I can't see it changing the way we gear, my question would be is the healing worth it over secondary stats. That amount of healing would likely get lost, but once block capping easily you could argue that secondary stats also would.

It's like Seal of Insight, except it heals less frequently and for (a little) more. I would take it if you can remain mastery capped without the secondary stats. The bonus healing is probably better than the 0.02% dodge.

As far as our gearing / playing / healer's playing it changes nothing.
Jeremoot

Postby lythac » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:33 am

But rather than having 0.02% dodge, might be able to gem pure sta with additional mastery from a weapon.

About it being PTR and the weapon changing -

Currently all of the Deathwing weapons have a rather large amount of primary stat, which makes them awesome for every single class/spec with the exception of tanks. In the weapons current state it might have greater benefit going to DPS first*.

Horrific Deflecting Sword vs Horrific Cleaver

Currently the lower ilvl normal mode, more accessible DPS weapon has 56 more sta and Mastery to either gem more sta or make the push to dual sta trinkets. The Heroic version of the axe should be ilvl 410 so might be the better weapon to use for Heroic progression. Think the DW weapons must be having their primary stats reduced and a socket added.

*Well maybe not, it is a gain of 31str, higher weapon DPS, damage proc (also DW fight boosts HP making proc scale there) at the loss of secondary stats.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Treck » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:33 am

Block capping with DW gear is going to be silly easy.
Your definitely going to reach the cap even if you just half ass your attempt at reaching it.
Also the stats on your weapon is a bit disappointingly low anyway, so remove those stats and you wont notice much at all tbh :S
Even so, the procc doesnt seem all that usefull in a pve situation, especially not 25man.
And yes the DW fight has some HP mechanics that would boost it up a bit, but i cant see it changing anything if even worth picking up.
Its arguably better than any part from current tier, but since its deathwing who drops the weapons, i cant see it beeing used for heroic progress tbh, id rather wear a heroic drop item from the bosses ahead with socket or smth than DW sword from normal.
Treck

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:38 am

This is going to be hilarious on Baleroc.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Jeremoot » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:02 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:This is going to be hilarious on Baleroc.

It would probably go by your normal (no stacks) health.
Jeremoot

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Where's the fun in that?!
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Jeremoot wrote:

Well other abilities that are based on total hp (lay on hands, last stand, frenzied regen come to mind) all scale with Baleroc mechanics so this probably would, not that it'd be particularly relevant content at that point.
Rhiannon

Postby Jeremoot » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Rhiannon wrote:
Jeremoot wrote:

Well other abilities that are based on total hp (lay on hands, last stand, frenzied regen come to mind) all scale with Baleroc mechanics so this probably would, not that it'd be particularly relevant content at that point.

You sure? Everytime I've Lay on Hands'd on Baleroc it has healed for ~200k.
Jeremoot

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:33 am

Rhiannon

Postby Torias » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:49 am

Very likely you used LoH on Baleroc whilst you still had the Decimated debuff (from being hit by decimating strike) which reduces healing done by 90%. Abilities that scale with maximum health work perfectly on Baleroc.
Torias

Postby Jeremoot » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:20 am

Torias wrote:Very likely you used LoH on Baleroc whilst you still had the Decimated debuff (from being hit by decimating strike) which reduces healing done by 90%. Abilities that scale with maximum health work perfectly on Baleroc.

Ah, that would explain it. That's the only time I've bothered to use Lay on Hands on that fight.
Jeremoot

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice