Massive Firelands Nerfs Starting Next Week

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Massive Firelands Nerfs Starting Next Week

Postby Sagara » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:18 am

Passionario wrote:Between 0/7H and 7/7H (0/13 - 13/13 for T11, respectively) lies the fun deadzone. It's a harsh place where you first wipe on normals, gradually proceed to wiping on hardmodes, but before you're done, the next tier comes out and you're back to wiping on new normals. Forever stuck in the progression phase, never reaching full farm status, 52 stress weeks per year. :(

I don't know - I think it's more of a leadership decision - we're rather casual at the KoC, and I've made pretty clear that we will try a couple Hard Modes as time permits, but that we aren't going to sweat over it - it's mainly a learning experience and a way to still challenge ourselves in the middle of a relaxing farm run.

It seems to have struck a good balance - the more progression minded players accept that we're trying to loot some more, and also building up alts for Dragon Soul, while the more relaxed accept an hour or two of challenges before relaxing again for the rest of the farm run.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby oldboyz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:52 am

Passionario wrote:Unfortunately for me and those who share this preference, there are only two ways to achieve this situation in Cataclysm: if your guild is hardcore enough to beat all Hard modes with time to spare, or if it's casual enough to stick exclusively to Normals.

Between 0/7H and 7/7H (0/13 - 13/13 for T11, respectively) lies the fun deadzone. It's a harsh place where you first wipe on normals, gradually proceed to wiping on hardmodes, but before you're done, the next tier comes out and you're back to wiping on new normals. Forever stuck in the progression phase, never reaching full farm status, 52 stress weeks per year. :(

my guild is currently in what you call the "fun deadzone"
but we manage to still everybody have fun depending their definition of "fun" (wipe or farm ^^):
-we just plan ahead the type of the next night so everybody knows if the focus will be a "let's try a new hardmode boss" or "normal mode easy farm" (those bosses not killed yet in HM)
-we also manage 2 id when possible : one for the main roster (mix of hm and normal), and the second one with alts and no-tag people (full normal)
oldboyz

Postby Winkle » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:36 am

We yell at each other for failing on Ryholith HC driving, then bitch as we switch to normal just so we can get on with other heroic bosses.

Did end up being a good call mind, 2-shot Aly HC and 1 shot Bale HC. Still no shield.
Winkle

Postby Hespherus » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:52 am

Isnt Rhyolith supposed to be easier than Alys and Bale :). I know we killed Rhyo pretty easily, but people die continously to tornadoes on Alysrazor :/
Hespherus

Postby oldboyz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:08 am

why rhyolit > alyz :

Rhyolit's main fail = some random volcano pop you can't that much control : one "slap in the face" solve the problem

Alyz's main fail = people without enought concentration to avoid tornadoes : you just call it bad luck and you just re-try cross-finguer harder

here the vision of someone who stopped try on R. to focus on the other hms :mrgreen: (3/7hm at the moment)
oldboyz

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:28 am

Rhyo was our first H boss we downed =O
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Winkle » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:40 am

Klaudandus wrote:Rhyo was our first H boss we downed =O

In my opinion pre-nerf HC bosses in order of ease were something like:
Shannox > Domo > Rhyolith > Aly >Bale >Beth

Rhyolith was just as RNG then as now, so with a "good" run you were pretty much guaranteed a kill assuming you had the dps/heals. He was our 2nd hc kill pre-nerf and only took 1 night of attempts.

Post nerf:
Domo> Shannox > Aly > Bale > Ryho = Beth.

It really feels like this to me. Aly and Bale have become easier due to significant hp/mechanic nerfs but steering Ryho is still as painful as ever, as such it seems as hard as the multi-tasking required on beth.

Ofc this is all anecdotal really since depending on your raid strengths/weaknesses other bosses may feel easier. But after numerous normal and HC ryho kills we still don't seem to quite grasp steering him.
Winkle

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:43 am

Like you've said, every group is different. Shannox took us retardedly long to kill. (Two nights of solid attempts I think it was.)

Have to say though... from what I've experienced... steering Rhyolith on 10 man is awful... but on 25 man it's a LOT more fluid. I didn't do 25 man pre-nerf, but even comparing the two now... 25 man doesn't feel nearly as jerky as it does on 10 man.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:15 am

10 man rhyo steering is EASIEST when you have 2 people doing it, and the rest focusing on other things. When you start introducing floaters, and helpers, it turns into a flustercuck.
Shoju

Postby RedAces » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:55 am

10m Rhyo is a DPS Fight, if your DPS is great you can kill him very fast. Alys is more of a movement / execution encounter. If your group is good at avoiding fire and doing the "right thing at the right time" then it will be easier for you than rhyo.
You need both skills to down these bosses but the dps req on alys is much lower than on rhyo.
RedAces

Postby halabar » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:01 am

Ghastard wrote:I enjoy the nerfs to FL as a whole, including heroics. We are not chasing any server firsts in my guild; furthermore, it just makes for some very fun nights raiding with friends. We are able to run 3 FL groups now, which allows some undergeared friends in the guild that dont get in the main group to get some experience and kinda bond with the others. Also, if you look at it a different way, it allows our small tight-nit guild to have some of the main raiders gear their alts. This lets them change their mains in later patches or expansions if they wish, since they'll have some gear. Also, our guild leader heals one of the alt runs, and gets to feel the healing pain when people stand in the dumb.

For those chasing the server firsts, wouldn't incoming nerfs make them feel the pressure even more to get their kills in, making it even more exciting for them? My viewpoint towards WoW is that it is just another form of entertainment. So whether I am raiding the current content (my fav), or running old stuff with friends, along as we are having fun I am entertained.

Signed.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Winkle » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:38 am

Shoju wrote:10 man rhyo steering is EASIEST when you have 2 people doing it, and the rest focusing on other things. When you start introducing floaters, and helpers, it turns into a flustercuck.

I'm pretty sure you need more than 2 DPS on Rhyo HC to beat the enrage. It makes sense 25man steering is easier though, with more people attacking the boss it's less likely to swing around erratically if 1 or 2 people target the wrong leg.
Winkle

Postby lythac » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:19 am

Winkle wrote:
Shoju wrote:10 man rhyo steering is EASIEST when you have 2 people doing it, and the rest focusing on other things. When you start introducing floaters, and helpers, it turns into a flustercuck.

I'm pretty sure you need more than 2 DPS on Rhyo HC to beat the enrage. It makes sense 25man steering is easier though, with more people attacking the boss it's less likely to swing around erratically if 1 or 2 people target the wrong leg.

On 10 man - 2 DPS to steer, 1 on body?
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:21 am

You can hit the body? o_o
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby lythac » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:23 am

I haven't done the fight, but reading on both L2Raid and icyveins it seems that the health is shared between both legs and the body and you can damage all three.

http://www.icy-veins.com/lord-rhyolith- ... d-strategy section 3
The health pool of each foot is always exactly half that of Rhyolith. Every time you damage a foot, Rhyolith is damaged for the same amount and inversely, each time you damage Rhyolith directly, the damage is also split evenly among his feet. This mechanics means that, during Phase One, the raid will do most of its damage on Rhyolith by attacking his feet to control him.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

PreviousNext

Return to General