Remove Advertisements

Hallow's End 2011

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Hallow's End 2011

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:04 am

rodos wrote:Seems there's three new pets available this year. Guess who is three pets short of Littlest Pet Shop? :D

Also - cat on a broomstick is totes adorbs.

I'm fairly certain the wickerman thing isn't a pet, just a little eerie cooking fire.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:08 am

I was pretty happy to be able to start all the Halloween stuff last night. With us being in LA for 10 days, I'm going to miss the bulk of the event. So I ground the crap out of the new candy buckets, the dailies and some of the old candy buckets and luckily had enough treats to get the kitty.

I didn't mind the box. I thought it was a little bit creepy how it teeters behind you and occasionally sticks out its tongue.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:21 am

The loot from the horseman is the suck.

AGI sword - really? still? A rogue only weapon when brewfest drops BoE AGI maces? Blech.
No tank ring. Still.
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:23 am

Shoju wrote:The loot from the horseman is the suck.

AGI sword - really? still? A rogue only weapon when brewfest drops BoE AGI maces? Blech.
No tank ring. Still.

Maybe it's to make up for the bop dagger? ;)

As for the (lack of a) tank ring... I was thinking about that last night. Outside of the mount and the pet/helm (which you can just outright buy now) there really isn't any incentives to keep tanks queuing for the Headless Horseman. Seems kind of silly for Blizzard to neglect adding a tank item in when they've already acknowledged there's a tank shortage.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby twinkfist » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:26 am

all i know is that i want that helm again...had it back in bc...now i want it so i can transmog that thing. also, the stinking mount.

are there level restrictions for this thing? don't think i'll have the time to get my warrior...who is 80...a chance at that helm.
twinkfist

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:27 am

twinkfist wrote:all i know is that i want that helm again...had it back in bc...now i want it so i can transmog that thing. also, the stinking mount.

are there level restrictions for this thing? don't think i'll have the time to get my warrior...who is 80...a chance at that helm.

Brewfest queuing was level 84. I'd imagine it's the same.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby JoeBravo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:31 am

Shoju wrote:The loot from the horseman is the suck.

No tank ring. Still.

if it didn't have expertise it would benefit hunters aswell at least, but that stat kills it.

Still have the lvl 70 helmet on my pally, but want the new one on my DK aswell, as it is an upgrade. :|
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby twinkfist » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:43 am

Nikachelle wrote:
twinkfist wrote:all i know is that i want that helm again...had it back in bc...now i want it so i can transmog that thing. also, the stinking mount.

Brewfest queuing was level 84. I'd imagine it's the same.

guess i have some power-leveling to do. thank god i stopped caring about my shaman so much...just need the caster and agil rings and i can put him in storage.

so, looks like i have some power leveling of my warrior to do.

ps...thank god my main is a blacksmith so i can gear up my warrior so i can get into some instances.
twinkfist

Postby Malthrax » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:45 am

Nikachelle wrote:As for the (lack of a) tank ring... I was thinking about that last night. Outside of the mount and the pet/helm (which you can just outright buy now) there really isn't any incentives to keep tanks queuing for the Headless Horseman. Seems kind of silly for Blizzard to neglect adding a tank item in when they've already acknowledged there's a tank shortage.

They should make the holiday boss queue not require a tank... its not like you *really* need one for a 30 second smack-down. 4 DeePS and a healz0r could easily handle it. Hell, you could probably do a 5DPS zerg with all the self-healing being thrown around these days.
Malthrax

Postby bldavis » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:25 am

at least with brewfest, the maces were nice and slow for enh shammies
and anymore i would smack the crap out of a hunter DWing

just isnt worth it, there are no 1hd weapon enchants that work for hunters that wmake up for losing the extra stats from a staff/polearm with +130 agil....

that said, i still want that horse...and the ring(s).....

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby JoeBravo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:29 am

bldavis wrote:at least with brewfest, the maces were nice and slow for enh shammies

just isnt worth it, there are no 1hd weapon enchants that work for hunters that wmake up for losing the extra stats from a staff/polearm with +130 agil....

I want to dual wield :(

Ow wait, hunter is doing that now :P
Ok, it's due to a lack of a good polearm/staff dropping for me, but still.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby halabar » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:28 am

JoeBravo wrote:
bldavis wrote:at least with brewfest, the maces were nice and slow for enh shammies

I want to dual wield :(

Ow wait, hunter is doing that now :P
Ok, it's due to a lack of a good polearm/staff dropping for me, but still.

Sword is terrible for hunters.. the brewfest bottles would have been better for ya.

So I will try for a while for the mount, get dps ring on one hunter, get the spell ring on mage, try a few more times for the mount on the mage and then say screw it. Don't care about pets or achieves, and some races/classes look silly on the horse anyway.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Epimer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:45 am

I hadn't noticed this until checking Wowhead, but the sword actually has 50 less Agility than it should for its ilvl (and, accordingly, more Stamina). So it's pretty useless for everyone, I think.
Epimer

Postby halabar » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:49 am

Epimer wrote:I hadn't noticed this until checking Wowhead, but the sword actually has 50 less Agility than it should for its ilvl (and, accordingly, more Stamina). So it's pretty useless for everyone, I think.

And it's not even good Tmogg gear, like the tankards or the bottles are.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:05 am

Epimer wrote:I hadn't noticed this until checking Wowhead, but the sword actually has 50 less Agility than it should for its ilvl (and, accordingly, more Stamina). So it's pretty useless for everyone, I think.

It's not useless for people with ilvl 346 gear.

They've said specifically that the drops from these holiday bosses are not intended to compete with other items. Remember the scythe from Ahune that had no int? Intentional.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to General