Holydin's question - Want your advice!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Holydin's question - Want your advice!

Postby Lexica_Wildhammer » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:28 am

Skye1013 wrote:As a pally, you shouldn't die to the elevator boss and can save yourself from a trap with your bubble just as easily as the parachute. Granted, the parachute allows for two "oh shit" moments.

I still managed to die in SSC too many times with the elevator boss, either by bubbling too fast and it ran out or doing it too late.

Doing invites, having 4 whispers at once and trying to assign tanks and raid helpers does not make for quick reaction times when running around. The joys of raid leading.
Lexica_Wildhammer

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:36 am

I've had a similar issue with Levitate. Either lagging while falling, getting the cast off too late, brain farting and using SW:D while being too high up to survive the fall damage (on Rag specifically)... even occasionally hitting the elevator on its way back up...

But those issues aren't necessarily solved by having the Eng parachute either.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Mannstein » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:03 am

You are right,reading back my opening comments they sound agressive.
I was trying to /irony but it didn't translate well... :P

Sorry.

Back to Topic,

Being a proud owner of two pallies, i can say that i don't regret it...
My guild run's 25men and alt10men.
When they were on the same server, i was Retri/prot on the main, and holy/Prot on the alt... I also had a disc priest but none the less i prefered the experience of the Holy Paly on the alt runs...
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby rodos » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:57 pm

Levantine wrote:
rodos wrote:Synapse Springs is nice to macro with Divine Plea, and having a parachute is always great. Saved me just last night when Rag punted me into a magma trap (and you'll never die to the elevator boss either).

*uses a throughput cooldown to boost his class's already broken regen*

*poker face*

Well, I'm a bad paladin who forgets to judge on cooldown. Paladin also comes with three throughput cooldowns already baked in, which is more than enough for my brain to juggle, so I use the pure-Int boost for regen. I used to have it on a macro with Core of Ripeness to play off the Int/Spi interaction until they nerfed it to have a lockout like other trinkets.
rodos

Postby Shaped20 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:38 am

Thank you all for your replies and I am sorry it took me so long to reply.

I decided for the time being to keep tanking as OS and if I really really liked it I may consider making a new Paladin.

Now, because I didn't want to create a new topic I will ask for your advice (again) here!
My guild (Social but there is always a group ready to raid) asked me to join them on Firelands this Wednesday and I already started seeing guides, strategies etc. The thing is I am not sure if my gear is good enough and because I don't want to let them down, I need your help.

First of all you can find me HERE

I got 1960 valor points and I am torn! Should I buy the 378ilvl Relic and the 378 healing ring (700+1250VP) OR should I do some zandalaries (when the raids restart) and quickly take the T12 Feet (2200VP) which I absolutely adore? I mean I DO need a relic because I have this PVP thingy from 4.1 but it will take me forever to take the feet again. Also, I think Shannox has a good back-up feet.

So what do you think?

Thank you all for your time and every opinion is much appreciated! :D

PS. I re-did my build and I was wondering if you could take a look there too!
Shaped20

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:50 am

I generally go with whichever is the biggest upgrade. Usually this is based on ilvl, but occasionally the secondary stats go from ideal (spir/haste) to not so ideal (crit/mastery in a non-mastery build.) That should be factored in at some point.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to General