Remove Advertisements

ZA question- 2 Pally tanks

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

ZA question- 2 Pally tanks

Postby Ahms » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:47 am

A couple of us are giving a stab at ZA with some folks in our Guild who will be new to it, including myself. I plan to MT and another Pally tank is going to OT

I know a Pally MT is great here, but will two Pally tanks be ok? Or are there specifics where a Druid/Warr OT is needed?

Reading all the strats here :D Thanks
Paid by the Alliance
To slay all the giants

-Ahms of Mannoroth

Art - http://ahms.deviantart.com/
Ahms

Postby Tekkel » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:33 am

I tanked everything up to Malacrass. Always skipped zuljin cause my fellow tanks need upgrades from him that I don't need. I doubt there's anything u really need a warrior/druid ot over a second pally tank but make sure he brings his healing gear. A druid ot has more dodge chance on saber lashes and a warrior ot gives u a stam shout boost there.

Maybe malacrass with 4 healers isn't going to work. At least you're pretty useless as a healer there during the aoe phases as u get way too many interrupts.
Tekkel

Postby Lore » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:41 am

I've done ZA with a second pally tank a few times. It's certainly doable but the trash tends to be a pain; lack of a single-target taunt means one pally has the tendency to wind up tanking everything while the other beats away at something trying to pull aggro.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Ahms » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:02 am

Thanks for the advice peoples :)
Paid by the Alliance
To slay all the giants

-Ahms of Mannoroth

Ahms

Postby Warheit » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:01 am

we do ZA in my guild with 2 pally tanks. it seems to work really nice for us.

just gotta be careful and not pull with like avengers shield during fights like the 2 bear riders in the bear boss climb.
Warheit

Postby Ris » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:05 pm

Only issue id see it being is trying to get far in the time trial (depending on your raids gear level). Double paladin would work fine for bosses, but as a paladin tank I know I tank all the trash alone aside from the bears and what not that have to be split, at which point the extra paladin tank would bring minimal use to the table.

Advantage to feral / warrior is they can still be dps when they arent tanking (warrior usually stays ms or fury).
Ris

Postby Slamdorff » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:38 pm

It all sounds fine and doable - but I would like to know how you handle Malacrass.

We always need a bundle of interrupts for that fight - and always wipe for ages if we dont have a warrior tanking - or at least 2 melee DPSers on the side. And a raid with 2 tankadins + 2 melee doesnt seem very balanced to me.

Please enlighten me.
Slamdorff

Postby Ris » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:03 pm

Slamdorff wrote:It all sounds fine and doable - but I would like to know how you handle Malacrass.

We always need a bundle of interrupts for that fight - and always wipe for ages if we dont have a warrior tanking - or at least 2 melee DPSers on the side. And a raid with 2 tankadins + 2 melee doesnt seem very balanced to me.

Please enlighten me.

Ive done it with some pretty off the wall group setups, you dont have to bring a perfect setup to complete the zone.

However you have to keep in mind melee are not the only ones that can interupt. When we are often short on rogues/warriors for kick our shamans can juggle shocking while the melee are on cooldown. Mages or even warlocks if you are that desperate for a counterspell can help as well when possible.
Ris

Postby Asterix » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:03 am

Slamdorff wrote:It all sounds fine and doable - but I would like to know how you handle Malacrass.

Please enlighten me.

I did a 2 pally tank run and it was a blast. On Malacrass he tanked the boss and I tanked the mobs. We had a lock to banish the elemental, priest shackled undead, and I can't remember the other two mobs. But we burned down the adds without any problem and then I just helped heal/cleanse the rest of the way.
Asterix

Postby Lore » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:08 pm

Please enlighten me.

Any combination of 2 interrupters can keep his heals under control. Mage, shaman, rogue, DPS warrior, hell feral charge if you need to. Just a matter of using what's available.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Ahms » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:12 pm

We did pretty good today, was very fun. We got the Eagle and Bear boss down and saw some of the Dragonhawk. Once we figured out to listen for the storm on our speakers Eagle was much, much easier :)

Anyways we liked two Paladin tanks, especially when we messed up a trash pull so it was easier to recover from. We had some really new folks gear wise too and it went well. On the Bear boss what we did was put Light on everyone, so the Paladin tank that wasn't currently tanking was helping to heal the other since you got your mana back fast when you resumed tanking anyways

Thanks for all the tips guys
Paid by the Alliance
To slay all the giants

-Ahms of Mannoroth

Ahms

Return to Zul'aman