Remove Advertisements

Trip Advice - Halifax

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Trip Advice - Halifax

Postby Rothifer » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:03 am

Friend of mine loves the area and I have been wanting to road trip Canada for awhile now. So far the only must see is the Naval Museum because my grandfather was stationed there in the war. He passed away recently and he always talked fondly of the place. Tinkering with the idea to get the pig on the knee tattoo while I am there. Oh yeah, we are also going to the Citadel to watch the canon.

Any suggestions about pubs, museums, and nature (like Peggy's Cove) would be appreciated. We are also seriously considering moving there possibly next summer so any suggestions along those lines would be great.
Too much talking here and not enough tanking. Stop the bitching and get tanking.

Barathorn
Rothifer

Re: Trip Advice - Halifax

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:24 am

I really enjoyed the Alexander Keith's brewery tour while I was there. (You can also visit his grave at the cemetery.)

The Harbour Hooper amphibious boat tour isn't bad - it'll give you a background of the city and whatnot.

The main shopping area on Spring Garden Road isn't really that interesting... it's pretty generic stores that you'd find in any other Canadian city.

There are a great number of quaint used book stores that are great to check out (if you're into that).

I seem to remember the food at Piccolo Mondo was very good.

Take my recommendations with a grain of salt since this was back in 2005.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Re: Trip Advice - Halifax

Postby Rothifer » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:12 am

Brewery tour and book stores added to list. Piccolo Mondo sounds familiar for some reason....
Thanks!
Too much talking here and not enough tanking. Stop the bitching and get tanking.

Barathorn
Rothifer

Return to Arkham Asylum