All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

All about sports

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:41 pm

How has there not been any threads dedicated to sports with as much as people talk about them? Well, here you go, it's been started. Knock yourselves out ;).
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Re: All about sports

Postby Jheherrin » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:43 pm

I should post this in the frustrations thread.
I ski, climb, mountainbike and paraglide.......
So what the hell am I doing living in Holland !!!!
Moonglade EU - Catalyst : Jheherrin,Glowlimn,Caamora
Aggramar EU - The Phoenix Reborn : Kasreyn,Gossamer
Jheherrin

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:18 am

What's a sport, I can't perform anything, i have the same body of a 70 yr old :(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:41 am

Have you tried golf? I hear that's what old people do, and for some reason it's counted as a sport...
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:39 am

I'd love to to be honest as I like golf itself, but I don't know of any gold thing anywhere near where I live, it's not a common sport in Italy.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:01 am

Worldie wrote:I'd love to to be honest as I like golf itself, but I don't know of any gold thing anywhere near where I live, it's not a common sport in Italy.

Time to be an entrepreneur!!

Seriously though, dunno where abouts you live, but maybe these will help?

http://www.golfeurope.com/euro_clubs/italy-golf-courses.htm

http://www.worldgolf.com/courses/italy
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:12 am

The closest golf club around here is at about 200 km i believe, don't think it's worth the effort ;)

If i wasn't so old damn it!

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby gtechman » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:16 am

Too damn old for what I used to do so I currently coach Club Volleyball.

Younger days was all about:

Volleyball
Baseball/Softball
Power Lifting
gtechman

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:04 am

Lol, a sports post on a videogamer forum..

Would this be the equivalent of a science post on a jocks forum?
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:26 am

As the OP says... people discuss sports in a lot of the threads (particularly Frustrations/Successes) already, and stated if they only had a dedicated sports thread, they would post there... voila!

Edit: Fixed foreign word typo >.>
Last edited by Skye1013 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby gtechman » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:33 am

Shyrtandros wrote:Lol, a sports post on a videogamer forum..

Not all of us are "pencil necked geeks". I say this as an engineer by trade 8)

No reason gamers can't be "well rounded" in a positive way :lol:
gtechman

Postby twinkfist » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:58 am

anyone watch the pens-caps game last night? asham f'd up beagle...holy sh!t.

i play basketball, tennis and ride my bicycle. i play basketball and tennis the same...very poorly..but they are a blast.

really can't screw up riding a bike...well, you can...but it's pretty hard.

also, the red sox issues are hilarious right now.
twinkfist

Postby Shoju » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:41 am

I'm a Cleveland fan, who is a realist, so I have developed rooting interests in other teams.

The Indianapolis Colts. My love for the Colts started when Peyton Manning did SNL and was just amazing at lambasting himself.
The Tampa Bay "devil" Rays. I was there in Tampa for their very first Home game ever. It was quite the spectacle. Ever since, I have sort of had this "thing" for them. Fun to watch, fun to see the old players who went there to finish off their careers, and now fun to see them actually performing "well".

I still love the browns and the indians, but I'm realistic enough to understand that a small / mid market team in baseball is going to never be competitive at the highest level under the current payroll systems unless they are able to stock their farm system with amazing talent (the rays), or catch "lightning in a bottle" with "the right mix". Both things are out of the realm of the possibilities. And I know that the Browns are trying really hard, but for some reason we like to fire coaches, and hire guys who have 0 head coaching experience to replace them. (Mangini was the first browns head coach EVER with previous NFL HC experience). Because of this, they too, will need to "catch lightning in a bottle" to win again. Something that.... Even with a "genius" like Holmgren in the front office seems like a long shot at this point.

I don't watch basketball that much. I can't relate to the players. I can't relate to the owners. I don't blame lebron for leaving, just for being a douchebag about it. I don't want to boo and spit on him, I just want to ignore him. Instead, I actually had more fun watching a few games at the tail end of this season, and seeing players get better as time went on. The Cavs seem to have the money to compete, not sure if it will happen though.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:52 am

Shyrtandros wrote:Lol, a sports post on a videogamer forum..

Sports would be nothing without science...way to stereotype!

A while back pre-Cataclysm release I was talking about sports in guild chat or something. A guildie who isn't into sports made some comment similar to the above. I was watching ESPN at the time and a Cataclysm commercial happened to come on. I mentioned this in guild chat to which the reply was along the lines of "dammit blizzard!"
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Treck » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:38 pm

E-sports are not a sport?
Treck

Next

Return to General