Remove Advertisements

So I finally downed prince as MT... one question tho

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

So I finally downed prince as MT... one question tho

Postby Antharas » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:39 am

Last night I finally MTed prince sucessfully (we had downed him 2 times previously w/ the guilds druid tank). It took us three trys, the first was bad infernal placement, nothing we could do.

the second time, it was really weird. We got prince to 60% w/o any issues, and the second he spawned his weapons, i died. I was full health a split second before death, and then dead, instantly. GrimReaper showed me at 97% hp (i have 15.7k raid buffed), then i took 3950 damage and was dead. The combat log backed up what GrimReaper said too (matched up parrys and dodges and stuff, he actually hadnt hit me in over 5 seconds b4 i died)

does anyone know what could have happened? the only conclusion anyone in my guild could come up w/ was maybe i got enfebeled somehow or something.
Antharas

Postby NarfJones » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:43 am

Someone passed your threat for a split second and you were enfeebled. At least, that has happened to me.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Brawlking » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:14 pm

NarfJones wrote:Someone passed your threat for a split second and you were enfeebled. At least, that has happened to me.

Yup what he said.
Why is a gun better than a woman? You can put a silencer on a gun...
Brawlking

Postby Melathys » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:33 pm

We had a bad streak of me getting enfeebled back to back to back (though I had a healthy 100k threat lead) The lock (who was affliction) is normally our warrior main tank. He noted that the same thing happened to him before, and oddly enough, there was an affliction lock. He looked into it, and apparently its a known issue, mostly with affliction locks.

I haven't looked into it myself, but that's what I heard.
Melathys

Postby Pizbit » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:50 pm

Hrm, happened to my friend a druid tank too. Bugs suck :(
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Everlight » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:35 pm

The other thing that can cause this is a phase transition just as he casts Enfeeble.

When he's changing phases, and doing his yelling and arm-waving, he's not actually targetting anything for a second or two. If Enfeeble goes off during this time, you are not his main target and thus are a valid target for Enfeeble, giving you a 50% chance of being Enfeebled.

It's messy.
Everlight

Postby Xanatos » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:23 pm

Ditto to the transition phase enfeeble theory. It happened to me before and I'm sure to many others. Just time the transition so that it doesn't happen during an enfeeble. Pretty easy to slow down at about 65% and wait for an enfeeble then go all out.
Xanatos

Postby Antharas » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:52 pm

thnx for the advice guys! ill keep it in mind this week when i MT him again :-D
Antharas

Postby Ehtirno » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:59 am

Question: Can you Bubble through the shadow nova even if you are Enfeebled?
Ehtirno

Postby Boudi » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:06 am

just a question: can you get enfeebled when you got aggro but somebody is sitting at 101% threat generated(aggro switch was @ 110% right?)?
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Postby Pizbit » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:23 am

Believe so.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Zeels » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:42 am

Feels a bit optimistic to believe you will bubble through the shadow nova. I mean If you are maintanking and you get enfeabled chances are that he will hit you and you die before realizing you got enfeabled.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Bobness » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:31 am

This happened to me also...

I scrambled through the combat log.... looking for Big hit's found none. Glad it wasn't just me...
Bobness

Postby Invisusira » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:12 am

There IS an actual BUG with the tank getting enfeebled!!

It's not always when someone passes you momentarily on threat. He also sometimes will just randomly enfeeble the tank when he's switching stages. Well, at least, he used to. I'm not sure if they fixed that bug or not yet, haven't been to Prince in months.

And, if he still does that, I may have a fix for that! I personally had never seen it happen. My bear OT who started tanking him because I was too lazy to do Kara anymore was having it happen all the time! I went back in there, his brother (a hunter) MD pulled Prince to me. This was something I had never done before, I always just ran in and tossed a shield. Guess what happened? Stage 2->3 ENFEEBLE! Wipe. Next one didn't MD pull, had no problem, and we haven't since!

So, no promises, but it seemed to work for us. Don't MD pull Prince, see if it works for you.
Invisusira

Postby Antharas » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:59 pm

I dont think who pulls it or anything is the issue, i think its just timing the enfeebles w/ the phase change. because when it happened to be i got enfeebled right when he summoned his weapons.

as for getting it at the 30% switch, that kinda sucks, i dont know if there would be any way to avoide that one
Antharas

Next

Return to Karazhan