Remove Advertisements

25[H] Ragnaros

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: 25[H] Ragnaros

Postby madmessias » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:04 pm

Tried AMSing the meteor debuff that last's for 25s, didn't seem to work tho.. did we just do it wrong or? Just tried it once tho, and if anyone got some other advice on how to knock meteors in p4 please post ;)
madmessias

Postby fafhrd » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:30 pm

Were you trying to AMS it off, or AMS to prevent it being refreshed? The way AMS works on various other stacking debuffs is not that it removes the stacks of the debuff you have (it doesn't), but it prevents an extra stack being applied if you time it correctly, which means the duration on the stacks you do have doesn't get refreshed, and the stack falls off eventually. I'm not a DK so I don't know if that's what's being suggested here, but I'd expect the mostly likely way for AMS to work here would be to use it just before knocking a meteor, so your stacks don't get refreshed.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby madmessias » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:45 pm

fafhrd wrote:Were you trying to AMS it off, or AMS to prevent it being refreshed? The way AMS works on various other stacking debuffs is not that it removes the stacks of the debuff you have (it doesn't), but it prevents an extra stack being applied if you time it correctly, which means the duration on the stacks you do have doesn't get refreshed, and the stack falls off eventually. I'm not a DK so I don't know if that's what's being suggested here, but I'd expect the mostly likely way for AMS to work here would be to use it just before knocking a meteor, so your stacks don't get refreshed.

He tried doing it with stacks up, and tried doing it b4 knocking a meteor, neither worked.
madmessias

Postby madmessias » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:15 am

So, anyone got some otehr tips on how to knock the meteors in p4? Dont want the debuff to stack to high and it doesn't seem like its amsable.
madmessias

Postby Treck » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:29 pm

Any ranged can do it, even rotate if you feel like you dont want it to stack to high.
We have hunters + locks on it usually knocking back for a while when p4 starts (other people than in p3)
Your not suppose to knock them back for the rest of the fight, so its not going to stack that high.
We trap the meteor about the same time as the first roots spawn, thats about the same time as the meteors reach anyway.
Try to delay it untill after trapping the boss if you struggle on dreadflame in the lower percentages, but after they nerfed his health dreadflame running out of control shouldnt happen unless your dreadflame guys are doing it wrong.
Treck

Postby gomashon » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:33 am

I recommend pick 2 range dps you trust, have them knock. The damage from the debuff is not high and you will wipe x100 more times from idiots push meteors on to your deluge folks / tanks / anyone else than from this small damage increase. Like others said, the meteors won't last long so this damage wont be a problem.
Group Therapy (Ravencrest-EU), 2 raid days per week, 8/8 25-Heroic, always recruiting.
gomashon

Postby Vladogor » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:21 am

Finally manage to get pass the seed phase without any people dieing to the seed splash.

Tried every possible strategy but what worked for us in the end was voice counting 3,2,1,GO (with GO pronounced roughly 1 sec before DBM timer ends). We also gathered a bit further from the edge of the platform which gave us more time between the launch and the landing of the seeds.

It also feels like this strategy leaves some room for mistakes and high latency
Vladogor

Postby Galiks » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:41 am

Vladogor wrote:Finally manage to get pass the seed phase without any people dieing to the seed splash.

Tried every possible strategy but what worked for us in the end was voice counting 3,2,1,GO (with GO pronounced roughly 1 sec before DBM timer ends). We also gathered a bit further from the edge of the platform which gave us more time between the launch and the landing of the seeds.

It also feels like this strategy leaves some room for mistakes and high latency

The easiest way we use to get the passed the seed phase in 25s and 10s can be seen from this video of our first kill: http://www.twitch.tv/galiks/b/296858536

It is a 10-man video, but the concepts can be directly translated to 25 man. Basically everyone downloads BigWigs and has the same version, when on the LEFT side, the entire raid moves at 0.5 seconds to the right. DPS/kill and run all the way right. When on the RIGHT after dodging world in flames, the entire raid moves at 2 seconds to the left with a speed boost [since the right side timer is iffy for some reason]. I do the speed boost as a moonkin (stampeding roar). You won't have more than 3 seed phases, so you don't need more than one speed boost. When you're moving for the third time (you're on the far left again), just move at 0.5 seconds again. Works 100% every time - if anyone dies it is completely their fault from not paying attention to their timer.

Watch the video and pay attention to the counter on "Molten Seeds" and when we move.

Edit: I don't actually use stampeding roar to get away from the second set of seeds (moving the first time from right to left) since I save this for running from the elementals themselves. In 25s I do use it to run from right to left while the seeds are about to be dropped though, as people have trouble without it for some reason.
Prot Paladin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced
Moonkin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ice/simple
Prot Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... osh/simple

<Rehabilitation Clinic> GM/RL
rcazgalor.guildlaunch.com : 13/13H 10-man: Mon-Wed 7-11 World #49 Overall

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/231362/

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Postby Belloc » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:12 pm

I don't know about other boss mods, but DBM will display a big "Molten Seeds" dialogue when the seeds are cast. If everyone is using DBM, they just need to wait for those two words to pop up and then they can run. No need for timers or counting down in vent -- just need to watch for those two words.
Belloc

Postby LimitedEdition » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:19 pm

We started on H Rag this wk.

We have a raid comp of:
2 Tanks (Warrior / Paladin)
7 Melee (2 RET, 1 DK, 1 Fury, 1 Combat Rogue, 1 Assassin Rogue, 1 Feral)
11 Range(1 Moonkin, 3 Hunter, 2 Demo Locks, 1 Shadow priest, 3 Arcane Mage, 2 Ele Shaman)
4 Heals (1 Holy Priest, 2 Druid, 1 Paladin)

For sons, we assign 8 groups of 2. Our idea is to have enough DPS at the side. (E.g 3 sons on left, there will be 6 DPS on left). We have 3 knockback DPS around Hammer. Currently we have 1-2 sons that wouldn't be stunned, and leaked through. Is there any tips on doing this correctly?

For phase 2, we tried the AoE style but determined that our raid comp isn't good enough for it. We wanna try the spreading style instead. Can someone provide a in-depth guide on how to do this

Thanks in advanced for all the help
LimitedEdition

Postby PsiVen » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:52 pm

We've been trying to push P3 with one meteor while 4-healing, and I have a few questions about that:

- At exactly 10.0% does Rag stop casting meteors? He certainly seems willing to stick around and WoF after he should have pushed.
- What determines whether the meteor drops before or after WoF? Usually it seems to occur for us before, but not always.

For phase 2, we tried the AoE style but determined that our raid comp isn't good enough for it.

I'm not sure everyone would recommend this, but I would say your comp should work fine. Have your feral, warlocks and mages come from the side and work with the DK + hunters + moonkin at range to eviscerate 14 of the adds. If you BoP one outside person each round, that leaves you with 5 adds left up after the initial AoE, who won't buff each other enough to kill anyone and can be cleaved down at your leisure. The key is that you don't have to kill all of them before they get to you, just enough that you can keep them from buffing each other to one-shot status by spreading slightly.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby gomashon » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:47 am

PsiVen wrote:We've been trying to push P3 with one meteor while 4-healing, and I have a few questions about that:
- At exactly 10.0% does Rag stop casting meteors? He certainly seems willing to stick around and WoF after he should have pushed.
- What determines whether the meteor drops before or after WoF? Usually it seems to occur for us before, but not always.

We did 1 meteor in 25man. You are right it does seem to be not very accurate, and he might summon the second one when he is at 10% already, right after or even "during" WOF. The truth is the answers wont matter. You do the best dps you can and see if you get a second meteor or not. If I told you you need to push him to 9.8% to make sure no second meteor your decisions in game would not change.

Need to keep pushing your dps to do more, look at logs, see who is not doing enough, who not using cds, pots etc, have healers assist a bit with dps (druids / priests / shamans). Also in phase 2 push rag to 40% in the start of a WOF, and nuke him during the WOF and the short time after. If you can't reach at least 37% before he despawns you probably won't make it.

good luck
Group Therapy (Ravencrest-EU), 2 raid days per week, 8/8 25-Heroic, always recruiting.
gomashon

Postby LimitedEdition » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:06 am

Is it a must to have the seed stack up, as my previous post mention. Ours currently is like a line of seeds
LimitedEdition

Postby Rollak » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:04 am

I'm going to be starting Heroic Ragnaros during this lockout. I will be tanking. I moved from a 6/7H guild with no H Rag experience to a guild that's pushing P4 on Heroic Rag already so most of the encounter should be easy enough to get through.

I was wondering what damage looks like on this fight. Would it be recommended to use Glyph of Divine Protection? Or is magic damage incoming negligible compared to physical damage? I'm more than likely going to use Mirror of Broken Images for Magma Traps etc. Does this seem like a good Idea?

Here's my armory of what I think would be good gear for Rag. Using this gear raid buffed and using elixirs I will have full CTC.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Korgath/Rollak/advanced

Normally I would just feel this out as I go, but seeing as the guild is already deep into Rag progression I would like to be up to speed a little bit more than just going in blind. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rollak

Postby exiledknight » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:50 am

Rollak wrote:I'm going to be starting Heroic Ragnaros during this lockout. I will be tanking. I moved from a 6/7H guild with no H Rag experience to a guild that's pushing P4 on Heroic Rag already so most of the encounter should be easy enough to get through.

I was wondering what damage looks like on this fight. Would it be recommended to use Glyph of Divine Protection? Or is magic damage incoming negligible compared to physical damage? I'm more than likely going to use Mirror of Broken Images for Magma Traps etc. Does this seem like a good Idea?

Here's my armory of what I think would be good gear for Rag. Using this gear raid buffed and using elixirs I will have full CTC.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Korgath/Rollak/advanced

Normally I would just feel this out as I go, but seeing as the guild is already deep into Rag progression I would like to be up to speed a little bit more than just going in blind. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I really hope you aren't tanking him in that gear.....log out in your prot gear please otherwise no one can help.
exiledknight

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)