Recommended TV Series?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Postby Levantine » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:00 am

See now I'm going to think of a fat drunk womanizing king everytime I see Bara post now. I'm funnily enough okay with this.

Back on topic, I don't watch all that much tv, but I enjoy the occasional Torchwood, Big Bang Theory (later seasons more than earlier. Bernadette and Amy are funneh) and I accidentally watch True Blood and Game of Thrones. Oh, and Dexter, I like Dexter too.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10818
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Postby Barathorn » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:05 am

katraya wrote:
Barathorn wrote:
Also - Twin Peaks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks

Just watch it.

That is all.


<3 Barathorn.

Also, I think of you every time I see the word Baratheon in the Song of Ice and Fire books.


Awwwww thanks. He has a few pounds on me I think, not too many though.

You just rock Kat :)
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
User avatar
Barathorn
Moderator
 
Posts: 7104
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:08 am
Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Postby Barathorn » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:09 am

Levantine wrote:See now I'm going to think of a fat drunk womanizing king everytime I see Bara post now. I'm funnily enough okay with this.


You know I am the true overlord who bats aside women worshipping me on their knees while getting gored by a wild pig. Awesome. And yet so far from the truth its just Mortal Wombat.

Back on topic, I don't watch all that much tv, but I enjoy the occasional Torchwood, Big Bang Theory (later seasons more than earlier. Bernadette and Amy are funneh) and I accidentally watch True Blood and Game of Thrones. Oh, and Dexter, I like Dexter too.


ZOMG I forgot to say Bones. How did I forget that!!! Wasn't that like our favourite programme about 3 years ago Lev?
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
User avatar
Barathorn
Moderator
 
Posts: 7104
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:08 am
Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Postby Levantine » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:57 am

Oh right! Bones is also a guilty pleasure of mine. I have a terrible soft spot for David and Amy. Terrible terrible soft spot that I would be ashamed of but I'm too busy being enamored with them to bother.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10818
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Postby Petrus » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:41 am

Most of mine have been listed already in one form or another.

Current favorites:

Chuck (Comedy/Drama - in its last season)
Community (Comedy)
Castle (Police Comedy/Drama)
Doctor Who (Sci-Fi)
Warehouse 13 (Sci-Fi/Fantasy Comedy/Drama)

Old shows (all SF/Fant):
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: Voyager
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Farscape
Legend of the Seeker
Firefly

Outlaw Star (the only anime on this list)
- Great sci-fi anime, only one series (season) of 26 episodes.

Babylon 5
- Awesome sci-fi, fairly dark/gritty at times but a bit more realistic than others. Pretty cool to boot. First season is ok, seasons 2-4 are excellent, and season 5 is where it jumped the shark.
User avatar
Petrus
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 940
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:45 am
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:31 pm

Petrus wrote:Outlaw Star (the only anime on this list)
- Great sci-fi anime, only one series (season) of 26 episodes.


Oh i didn't realize this list was open to anime, I could make a huge list for that...
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:40 pm

I've been re-watching all my old DVD sets lately. So take it for what you will...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Alias
Dark Angel
Veronica Mars
and I'm working through Queer as Folk (US version) right now. God I miss this show.

Current TV favourites are Project Runway (this season blows fucking chunks though), Dexter and I've just started watching Ringer - Sarah Michelle Gellar's new show. I tried watching Secret Circle since I'd read the books as a kid... but after three episodes I couldn't bring myself to watch any more.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11003
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Postby katraya » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I tried watching Secret Circle since I'd read the books as a kid... but after three episodes I couldn't bring myself to watch any more.


Yeah, I stayed far away from that and Vampire Diaries. I loved the books 20 years ago (ouch).

Best comedy ever imo - Coupling (the British version of course) The typical group of friends who date each other scenario but much funnier and raunchier than anything they'd allow in the US.
A close second for me is Sealab 2021. Old Adult Swim cartoon ridiculousness. The episode where Cpt. Murphy takes on a Stalinesque persona and they make a ton of Marx references is by far my favorite.

Both were cancelled years ago but are available on DVD.
Image
User avatar
katraya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2112
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:02 pm

katraya wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I tried watching Secret Circle since I'd read the books as a kid... but after three episodes I couldn't bring myself to watch any more.


Yeah, I stayed far away from that and Vampire Diaries. I loved the books 20 years ago (ouch).

Best comedy ever imo - Coupling (the British version of course) The typical group of friends who date each other scenario but much funnier and raunchier than anything they'd allow in the US.

Ditto on Coupling. That show made me laugh so much.

As for the L.J. Smith stuff... I have been DYING for her to write that damn last book in Night World series for... what... 15 years now? Arghhhhh.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11003
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Postby Flex » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Keep your book talk out of the TV thread!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:23 pm

Treck wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:Needs more hot nerdy guys IMO...

Funny, cuz most girls i know who enjoy the big bang theory, find Sheldon very hot.
And none of the girls are even close to nerds themselves...
Funny they can sit and say so about a show, but if they ever meet someone like that irl, they completely ignore them (altho i doubt theres many people as crazy as Sheldon :P)

I never said there weren't any. Just that they need more. ;) And I'm not entirely sure "hot" would be the most accurate description, but I certainly wouldn't kick him out of bed.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3941
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Postby cerwillis » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:34 pm

A guy I know is in a pilot for a reality show called The Regulars. You can see the first episode here: http://www.theregulars.tv/ They go around to dive bars in the USA and see what's required to be a regular there. TBH, I haven't watched it, but Oscar's a pretty funny guy, so I have high hopes.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
User avatar
cerwillis
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1306
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 am

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Postby Flex » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:29 pm

cerwillis wrote:A guy I know is in a pilot for a reality show called The Regulars. You can see the first episode here: http://www.theregulars.tv/ They go around to dive bars in the USA and see what's required to be a regular there. TBH, I haven't watched it, but Oscar's a pretty funny guy, so I have high hopes.


WJFK can suck a weiner.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Postby Petrus » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:49 pm

I don't really watch much anime, but I loved Outlaw Star so much that I had to include it. I figured it was worth it since it was the only one I bothered to list, but I know some of you guys are really into lots of it. Maybe it warrants its own thread?
User avatar
Petrus
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 940
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:45 am
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota

Re: Recommended TV Series?

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Petrus wrote:I don't really watch much anime, but I loved Outlaw Star so much that I had to include it. I figured it was worth it since it was the only one I bothered to list, but I know some of you guys are really into lots of it. Maybe it warrants its own thread?


Anime tends to get discussed over in this thread.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest