Healers in my raid say i am hard to heal

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Healers in my raid say i am hard to heal

Postby cestus » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:25 am

Hello I have been running regular firelands for a couple months now in my guild. I am not a hard core player but i do try and get the best gear avaiable to me. So i switched raids to a run that is doing H Firelands and pretty much have been told to re-gem or re-gear or i will be left behide becasue the healers say that i am to hard to heal. i have read alot of post on this forums and others to see what i am doing wrong but cant figure it out. i use askmrrobot and rawr to see if i am making any big mistakes but still cant find any.

Here is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... tus/simple

If there is anything i am missing some help would be very helpful thanks.
cestus

Re: Healers in my raid say i am hard to heal

Postby Euphemos » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:49 am

This might need to be on viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7896?

My 0.02 (I'm a tier behind you because my RealLife limits my RaidLife; take this as a friendly but perhaps inexpert offering.)

I think you're going to need to do some logging to analyze your performance. The gear doesn't look wrong, and the spec/glyphs seem fine. I prefer HotR glyph over CS most of the time, but that's irrelevant to survival. I think the numbers say Gbtl > Consecration even with the cooldown, and that might help your survivability, particularly if you can pre-WoG the big hits. I see you're secondary Ret; are you perhaps neglecting to WoG at critical moments due to being programmed to respect Ret's priority on Inq? Are you using Holy Shield intelligently? Unless more experienced eyes see something, I suspect it is a question of optimizing your actions for survival rather than an issue with your gear or spec.

e
Euphemos

Postby TonabShin » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:50 am

Your gear is well made and there seems to be nothing wrong there, I would say it's ready for heroic modes. You have a lot of cooldowns to use and shouldn't be 'held' for harder times in the course of the fight.

Looking at your logs 1 & 2, your damage taken is higher than the druid (however in the logs you took more damage from Aylsrazor and less from adds). You didn't seem to use Guardian of Ancient Kings however in heroic mode you are more likely to have a need to use it. I can only imagine the healers complaining about you because lack of cooldowns, taking unnecessary environment damage or simply the healers are used to healing heroic geared tanks. It certainly isn't down to your gemming or gearing. (WoG is useful, threat shouldn't be an issue and removing those threat talents in favour of 'bad' WoG talents isn't going to do any harm)
Deveaux - Lost Society - Tarren Mill EU
TonabShin

Postby golfinguy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Better CD usage is something to look into. Its something I had to improve upon when I switched from ret to prot full-time (was always a part time off-tank).

Also, you may just be suffering the 'new guy' syndrome. I switched groups a little while back too (we have 2 10 mans going). I was told my damage was spikey compared to the guy I replaced. I looked at the logs and determined I was not only less spikey, but taking slightly less damage overall than who I replaced. Its simply a matter of trust. Since you're new the healers are going to use you as an excuse until proved otherwise. Improve the CD usage and give it time, the critique should go away. Mine did.
golfinguy

Postby cestus » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:50 am

thanks for all the input. will try and use CD's more often and have better awareness of my surroundings.
cestus

Postby bldavis » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:44 am

golfinguy wrote:Its simply a matter of trust.

i know when i am raiding with our full healing corps of a healadin, resto druid, and a shaman, i have full faith in them
i know when i need to use my cds, and i know they will keep me alive (as long as i am needed to tank anyway) as long as i do my part

once your healers get used to you, and your style of tanking, and you get used to them, that trust will build.
just keep at it and try to be intelligent about using cds

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice