Dark Souls

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Dark Souls

Postby Aubade » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:18 pm

So, anyone else having fun yet?
I'm soul level 24, died about 240 times (keeping a counter) and working on ringing the second bell.

such a fustratingly amazing game.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Re: Dark Souls

Postby Aubade » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:55 pm

So I've spent the last few hours at this farming spot, where there are enemies WAY too hard for me to battle right now. There's a cliff and a stairwell and a LITTLE BITTY path, to walk on, if you get like 10 of em to chase you, you can stand on the path, and they'll go to the stairs and try to jump down on you, falling to their doom off the cliff. This nets me about 2-3k Souls per kill, and considering I used to be ECSTATIC if I could get more than 3k souls, it's amazing.

The best part though, even though I've leveled to level 30 here, and gotten all of my equipment (minus my dragon sword, which requires dragon scales to +1 =[) to +5, Any enemy can still kill me if I make a mistake.

I've never been more frustrated/mad at a game, and I have to say, it's an AMAZING challenge, and a TON of fun. Despite the whole "no, no, stop chasing me.......STOP ITTTTT fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk) that I've yelled at my TV about 3-4 times an hour now.
Aubade

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:43 am

Dont know much about it but I planned on getting it after hearing about it and watching a few videos.

Hows the combat?
Lightbeard

Postby Forgrim » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:46 am

Another question, have you played Demon's Soul and how do you rate it against it?

I'm really tempted to get it, since Demon's Soul was so gd awesome. Black phantoms invading my world and stalking me are some of my greatest memories (and greatest frustrations)
Forgrim

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:28 am

PS 3 only? *Sad Panda*
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Thalia » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:12 am

Aubade wrote:So I've spent the last few hours at this farming spot, where there are enemies WAY too hard for me to battle right now. There's a cliff and a stairwell and a LITTLE BITTY path, to walk on, if you get like 10 of em to chase you, you can stand on the path, and they'll go to the stairs and try to jump down on you, falling to their doom off the cliff. This nets me about 2-3k Souls per kill, and considering I used to be ECSTATIC if I could get more than 3k souls, it's amazing.

The best part though, even though I've leveled to level 30 here, and gotten all of my equipment (minus my dragon sword, which requires dragon scales to +1 =[) to +5, Any enemy can still kill me if I make a mistake.

I've never been more frustrated/mad at a game, and I have to say, it's an AMAZING challenge, and a TON of fun. Despite the whole "no, no, stop chasing me.......STOP ITTTTT fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk) that I've yelled at my TV about 3-4 times an hour now.

Curse you Aubade...i read your first post yesterday at 8:30 pm and remember it was release. I took off to the game stop and bought the last copy hahaahah. I'm glad you get that "Don't chase me!!!!" feeling, that's the type of feeling I got in FFXI whenever I'd try to sneak in somewhere where there where too many high level enemies. I'm looking forward to it.
Thalia

Postby Belloc » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:24 am

Shyrtandros wrote:PS 3 only? *Sad Panda*

I'm pretty sure it's on Xbox, as well.
Belloc

Postby Aubade » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:03 am

Belloc wrote:
Shyrtandros wrote:PS 3 only? *Sad Panda*

I'm pretty sure it's on Xbox, as well.

I'm playing it on 360.

Lightbeard wrote:Dont know much about it but I planned on getting it after hearing about it and watching a few videos.

Hows the combat?

Smooth, and extremely precise.
Aubade

Postby Aubade » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:10 am

Thalia wrote:
Aubade wrote:So I've spent the last few hours at this farming spot, where there are enemies WAY too hard for me to battle right now. There's a cliff and a stairwell and a LITTLE BITTY path, to walk on, if you get like 10 of em to chase you, you can stand on the path, and they'll go to the stairs and try to jump down on you, falling to their doom off the cliff. This nets me about 2-3k Souls per kill, and considering I used to be ECSTATIC if I could get more than 3k souls, it's amazing.

Curse you Aubade...i read your first post yesterday at 8:30 pm and remember it was release. I took off to the game stop and bought the last copy hahaahah. I'm glad you get that "Don't chase me!!!!" feeling, that's the type of feeling I got in FFXI whenever I'd try to sneak in somewhere where there where too many high level enemies. I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, it's one of those "AGH DON'T CHASEEE MEEE" moments.

It's kind of funny, I've never been one to yell/scream at a TV/throw a controller, but I've done both in the last 48 hours, at LEAST 20 times.
Aubade

Postby Forgrim » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:27 pm

gd it, i haven't played a ps3 game in awhile, and not even giving barely any details and i'm tempted to pick it up on my way home
Forgrim

Postby Aubade » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:48 pm

What do you need to know, the game itself is extremely beautiful. I've never seen better graphics. The gameplay is challenging, frustrating, and rewarding. The combat system is precise and fluid. And the best part, any time you die, it's your fault. It's not like a lot of other games where you get mad at the game for having a problem (oh, that shot should've went off, etc etc) since it's so well polished, you know that any death is your fault.
Aubade

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:29 pm

I'm too intimidated to consider buying this game now.. lol

I get a "HULK SMASH" atitude if something is too difficult.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Aubade » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Shyrtandros wrote:I'm too intimidated to consider buying this game now.. lol

I get a "HULK SMASH" atitude if something is too difficult.

You'd be suprised at how much this game actually makes you enjoy being pissed off.

Or maybe that's just me trying to vent frustration by faking joy.
Aubade

Postby Smackybear » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Lightbeard wrote:Hows the combat?

I was about to say that the combat is among the best i've ever felt but I can't think of anything better. It might be THE best combat system i've ever used in an action RPG.

Discovering the secrets of this game is filling me with a sense of wonder that I haven't felt since I first played the orginal Legend of Zelda back in 1987 when I was 10 years old. It's truly amazing.
Smackybear

Postby Aubade » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:31 am

Smackybear wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:Hows the combat?

I was about to say that the combat is among the best i've ever felt but I can't think of anything better. It might be THE best combat system i've ever used in an action RPG.

Discovering the secrets of this game is filling me with a sense of wonder that I haven't felt since I first played the orginal Legend of Zelda back in 1987 when I was 10 years old. It's truly amazing.

Agreed. It's so polished, it's rare to see that in games nowadays. you playing on XBL or PSN?
Aubade

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum