T13 Set Bonuses Released!

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: T13 Set Bonuses Released!

Postby Syyllinen » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:15 am

Anyone else thought of the retribution 2 piece bonus? I think it could be potentially useful for fights with a tight enrage timer (pre-pre-nerf-Baleroc-tight). Unfortunately losing a ton of avoidance by doing so, the stats on datamined retribution set aren't exactly in our favor.
Retribution, 2P -- Your Judgement ability now also generates 1 Holy Power.
Syyllinen

Postby Posid » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:29 am

Donpablo wrote:
Posid wrote:I actually really like our 2 set bonus, it's a 5k absorb every ~10 seconds which equates to about 210k damage mitigated over the course of a 7 minute boss fight

I'm curious as to where you're getting your numbers. Looking at my recent logs, my judgement hits for about 9k, so at 25%, that makes a 2400 shield, giving 175k absorbed over a 10 minute fight, or the equiv of 6-12 (depending on crits) WoGs, which seems pretty trivial to me. There are rare crits (11 out of almost 200 judgements) so that would bump it up a little bit.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k ... etails/17/

I don't imagine blizz would end up putting something that modest out, but at the moment, I'm unimpressed with the bonus.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-c ... 288&e=4566

On the baleroc fight I'm on a 15k average, and on Shannox it's at 14k. It's obviously going to be a smaller number on fights with more downtime on vengeance (like Ragnaros).
Posid

Postby Donpablo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:30 am

In looking at this more, I think I am cautiously reversing my judgement from being unimpressed to thinking this could be a potentially interesting mechanic depending, of course on how it is implemented.

First off, as I had posted, I still feel that current numbers would make the bonus rather unimpressive. I was only considering "judgement" which is significantly lower than "Judgement of truth", but even with Judgement of Truth, I would still find these numbers to be rather low.

However, given that Blizz has stated they want to remove some of the burst from wings and spread it out due to rets burst, I suspect our judgement damage will go up. Add to that gear scaling, and with skills and glyphs, there is lots of possibility for increasing this effect such as specing into Arbiter of the light http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20360 (increased crit chance by 12% for a double duty shield), use of glyph of judgement http://www.wowhead.com/item=41092.

Furthermore, Blizz has talked about wanting tanks to have "active mitigation". This would qualify as with this, we could use our HP to a)SoR for damage/threat b)WoG for a heal with possible shied or c)inquisition making for a 30% bigger shield. In fact, I would not be surprised if this were made an inherent ability come MoP (or whatever the next expansion will be).

At any rate, like all things, it's kinda hard to Judge it (wakka wakka!! get it... we're talking about judgement?? /sigh) until we see how it gets put in game.
Donpablo

Postby daiceman » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Looks like we're getting about a 50% boost to judgement damage on the ptr, making the 2pc quite a bit better.
daiceman

Postby Sur-Pseudo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

daiceman wrote:Looks like we're getting about a 50% boost to judgement damage on the ptr, making the 2pc quite a bit better.

MMO-Champ:
Seal of Truth, when Judged, now benefits from a multiplier of 20% per stack of Censure, up from 10%.

Yup, looks like a nice buff for 2 piece
Sur-Pseudo

Postby Donpablo » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:59 am

EEK! with the above being true, this buff is getting bigger and bigger.
In current gear, judgement of truth seems to be hitting for at least 12k, many people more like 15k.
50% judgement boost would raise that to 18-22k. The Seal of Truth buff is functionally a doubling of damage, unless I'm misreading it, making it a 36-44k strike. Add in glyph of judgement for an extra 10%, plus increased crit from Arbiter of the light, we're looking at a minimum 10k+ shield every 8 seconds. Over a 10 minute fight, assuming you judge on cooldown, that's now a low ball estimate of 750,000 damage totally mitigated. That's without using inquisition to increase your judgement by another 30%, which could cover 2 judgements depending on when you use it.
I'm eager to see how it gets implemented.
Donpablo

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:09 am

Current Judgement of Truth with full Censure is damage x 150%, new one is damage x200%, overall an increase of 1/3rd. A 15k Judgement would be buffed to 20k, with associated absorb going from 3750 to 5000.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice