T13 Raid Speculation

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

T13 Raid Speculation

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:14 am

Let's discuss what we're expecting with the Deathwing-tier encounters.

Patch 4.3 Raid Mechanics - Thanks Lythac.

I'm noticing a HUGE stamina increase on our gear (Mirrored Boots -> Foundations of Courage = +276 stamina and a soscket). Either we're going to get a ton of unavoidable burst damage like ICC or Blizzard wants us to have more stamina than we know what to do with. If it's the prior it could be their solution to block-capped tanks. - Nevermind.
Last edited by Jeremoot on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremoot

Re: T13 Raid Speculation

Postby pagezero » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:05 am

Foundations of Courage appear to be legs not boots.
pagezero

Postby lythac » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:11 am

You can see a lot of the boss abilities @ MMO-champion - Patch 4.3 - Raid - Dragon Soul Strategy.

There does seem to be quite a lot of unavoidable raid damage that requires stacking. There isn't too much to say about the values as are either placeholder/test values.

I mentioned in the PTR post, that the first four bosses do not seem to have a 1 shot/deadly mechanic for raid members, which is a huge boost for LFR.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:19 am

pagezero wrote:Foundations of Courage appear to be legs not boots.

Oh, that explains it. I thought that stamina jump was large.

The first three bosses have a stacking debuff tank swap mechanic. I wonder if they'll bring back the Yogg-Saron-esque hardmodes with the aspects in the final phase of Deathwing's encounter.
Jeremoot

Postby Adornus » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:50 am

I started to write stuff up what I think the strategy for each fight will be. Maybe it'd be cool to have that here. For example, based off of the Dungeon Journal, this is what I think Murchok will be like.

Murchok:

Comp:
2 Tanks
3 Healers
5 DPS (3 melee and 2 ranged seems best for this fight)

There appears to be a lot of damage.

Phase 1:
Murchok will cast stomp which I would guess would happen every 30 seconds to a minute. With this ability, both tanks need to be the closest to Murchok. Everyone else needs to be within 20 yards of Muchok in order to distribute the damage. Damage going out will roughly be 41k per person while each tank gets hit for 83k.

Tank swaps will need to happen at about every 4 stacks of crush armor. I'm assuming this is cast every 5 seconds and the debuff lasts for 20 seconds. Crush armor is stacked at 5.

Murchok also spawns crystals that need 5 people to stack on them to share the damage. The closer you are to the crystal, the better (actually within 10 yards). This will be a job for the 3 healers and 2 ranged I would assume. This probably happens every 30 seconds and hits for 30k a person.

Strategy: This seems like a cross between Domo and Baleroc (kind of). We'll start somewhat grouped with all ranged stacked and two tanks stacked with melee stacked behind him. Every so often we'll have to split off the ranged and healer group to go soak up a crystal. It seems like a rinse and repeat after that.

Phase 2:
I would guess this is the last 30% or so. Murchok casts Black Blood of the Earth that has a stacking debuff he puts on players that looks like it could one shot someone once the debuff gets high enough. However, there are also crystals that spawn from the ground that create LoS barriers to block the Black Blood from being able to stack that debuff. It seems that he will do this every minute or so, and there is an enrage mechanic built in. really, this is just a burn and survive phase.
Adornus

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)