Skada vs Recount vs ???

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Skada vs Recount vs ???

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:14 am

Ok, so I did a brief search of this section of the forums and didn't see anything that might answer this... which do people prefer and why? I'm looking at restarting my add-on "collection" and figured this is as good a place as any to begin.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Re: Skada vs Recount vs ???

Postby Andurin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:30 am

Used Recount a lot since it was just complete for my goals (Random 5 mans, guild raids, training dummy hitting). I tried Tinydps aswell, but it was to tiny and to minimal for me to be of any use :)
Andurin

Postby culhag » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:46 am

I'm using Recount because I love its death log feature.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:14 pm

I use recount because the death log feature is funsies. I don't even remember if Skada has one, but it didn't way back when.
Levantine

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:29 pm

Hm... will have to check that out with Skada... I've heard it combines a threat meter into it, which last I knew Recount doesn't have (though seeing my threat % above the mob frame is usually plenty for me, so I guess that isn't a necessity.)
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:27 am

I stopped even remotely caring about threat the second they hotfixed it out of the game. Frankly if I pull aggro then it's going to be the tank's fault at this point, I know what skull means and if there's no skull I'm dun good at hitting my assist key.
Levantine

Postby Amirya » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:32 am

I use Skada because it was more useful to me at the time I needed it.

Just haven't switched back.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:38 am

i have always had recount, as it was my first addon....
and now my ui is completely modded and customized

the only time i even look at omen anymore though is on tank swap fights to make sure i dont pull aggro off ami

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Consensus seems to be recount... which works out since I'm more familiar (as in, I've never used Skada before) with it...
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:12 pm

I've been using Skada for about a year, mostly because it looks better and I like the interface. It does have a death log now, and it is often considered a bit more accurate than Recount (comparing with WoL logs). When I first switched to it, Recount couldn't track absorbs which Skada excelled at at the time. I'm not sure if that's still the case. Skada also seems to use less resources.

But to be honest, both gets the job done.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:12 am

Mainly Skada consumes more resources but has less features, so works well for people like me that have a slower computer.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:49 am

Newsom wrote:Skada also seems to use less resources.

Worldie wrote:Mainly Skada consumes more resources...

I'm confused....
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:28 am

Then our work here is done.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:43 am

Honestly, it's not a difficult achievement... kind of like dinging level 10...
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:40 am

It's still an achievement, so quit pissing on my parade.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros