Remove Advertisements

Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby Carabas » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:29 pm

Seems like they changed the 2P bonus of both Protection and Retri

Protection, 2P -- Your Judgement ability now also grants a physical absorb shield equal to 25% of the damage it dealt.
Protection, 4P -- Reduces the cooldown of Divine Guardian by 60 sec and increases the radius of its effect by 70 yards.

Retribution, 2P -- Your Judgement ability now also generates 1 Holy Power.
Retribution, 4P -- While Zealotry is active your abilities deal 12% more damage.

Protection bonus was way useless before, even more now.
Last edited by Carabas on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carabas

Postby Dantriges » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Huh? Do they want to buff Judgement so much?

I don´t understand the limitation on ret 4 pc. So ok, we have to wait a seconds when it is off cooldown?
Dantriges

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:56 pm

how does it compare to Revenge? I'd like to know how much damage a warrior can do in a min with revenge, and how much damage can a Pally do with Judgement and start from there

Fixed for anal retentiveness =P
Last edited by Klaudandus on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Amirya » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Klaudandus wrote:how does it compare to Revenge? I'd like to know how much damage a warrior can do in a min with revenge, and how much damage can a pally do with revenge and start from there

I can predict paladins do approximately 0 damage with Revenge. :D
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:50 pm

I think Revenge does about 80% of the damage of a Judgement, however they can choose to use it more ofthen iirc than we can (and even a procc resetting it)
Even so its VERY weak for both classes.
Treck

Postby Loras » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:56 pm

Treck wrote:I think Revenge does about 80% of the damage of a Judgement, however they can choose to use it more ofthen iirc than we can (and even a procc resetting it)
Even so its VERY weak for both classes.

Hm, guess it was changed through Cata, I remember Revenge hitting for shitloads of dmg in late WotlK and my first reaction when I saw the set info was "ugh, our tickling judgement vs. their hammering revenge.." :)

But yeah, in general both seem very lackluster. Maybe tanks will get little (but frequent) damage and most of the healers' attention will be focused towards raid healing? I personally hate the AoE fests/bombardments, but we'll see.
Loras

Postby Passionario » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:44 pm

Dantriges wrote:Huh? Do they want to buff Judgement so much?

I wouldn't rule that out, especially considering that Holy will now be judging less frequently.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:10 am

Uhm, just out of my memory, my judgement as prot hits for about 10kish while my Revenge is on the line of 8k, even if my pala is better geared as tank than my warrior, I'd suppose numbers stay around those lines.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Malthrax » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:48 am

Since they seem to like to turn tier bonuses into actual character abilities, what are the odds that in the next expac, that 4pc Judgement shield becomes baseline for Prot, and our mastery changes from shield block % to "increases Judgements damage absorb shield by X% per point of Mastery" ?

actually might be kind of interesting... if the shield would proc only from successful Judgement hits/crits, and the harder Judgement hits the bigger the shield, that'd at least be a semi-not-too-unreasonable reason to favor picking up *SOME* hit/exp-type gear (for reasons other than WoL parse hunting on farm fights). But they need to boost the size of the shield (via Mastery, I'd wager) for it to be worthwhile.

There's your "active mitigation" - the harder you DeePS, the higher your survivability (very roughly speaking).

They'd have to make sure it didn't OP prot in PVP circumstances. Maybe have the shield proc only trigger off judging an NPC (does not proc from players or pets)
Malthrax

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:07 am

Everything points to this being a sort of beta test for what they want to do for next xpac indeed.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sur-Pseudo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:26 am

Hard to get 'real' numbers.. but took the 200th parse of a prot warrior on Domo 25..
Revenge dealt ~14k normal, or ~26k crit (avgs).. It's also on a 5 second cooldown (vs. our 9 second cd)

So, having it do 20% as an absorb is not too bad.. ~2.5k shield on a 5 sec CD, assuming they blocked, parried, or dodged an attack in the last 5-8 seconds
vs. Our ~2.5k shield every 9-11 seconds (depending on priority rotation & Grand Crusader)

Why would I want to give up 12% parry for 10 seconds to get a 15k shield over a minute ?
Sur-Pseudo

Postby Jeremoot » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:33 am

I'm disappointed to say the least. They're testing the waters with active mitigation, and they had the opportunity to do something really interesting and instead they did something completely lackluster.

Imagine if the set bonus effected SotR instead. We could choose between a heal or damage + bubble.
Jeremoot

Postby Khanakazi » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:53 pm

Im probably alone in this thought but the first thing that came to my mind when i checked out the hunter T13 set was Job For A Cowboy.

I still cant place what the priest mask reminds me of though...
Khanakazi

Postby halabar » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Khanakazi wrote:Im probably alone in this thought but the first thing that came to my mind when i checked out the hunter T13 set was Job For A Cowboy.

I still cant place what the priest mask reminds me of though...

If only it looked that good... sigh...

My ally hunter will be wearing Windrunner gear (minus helm)

My orc will be wearing a mix of black dragonscale and Ebonhold.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Archeth » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:21 am

The paladin T13 helm looks far more ridiculous on female humans than it appeared on males :(
Archeth

PreviousNext

Return to General