EU's lack of features in customer service compared to US?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: EU's lack of features in customer service compared to US

Postby lythac » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:36 am

Loras wrote:1. WoW patching

As previously mentioned, it is a plus for us to get the patches a day later. But it is not just solely for issues with the patch being applied. Surprise patches break addons but this rarely affects the first day of our raiding week as the authors scramble to fix them.

This point might not be so major in recent years but addons breaking even after planned patches was a common thing. And whilst players will say they can play without addons, they weren't a healer without raid frames.

It is awesome that we get the patches one day later.

Loras wrote:2. WoW forums

If a blue posts on US forum, I still get to read it.

Most suggestion posts I see on both EU and US forums are crap. Many include "BLUE RESPONSE PLEASE". I may be wrong but due to a lot EU players knowing we won't ever get a Blue response from anyone that matters we get less stupid posts.

Given the number of subscribers and player posts this makes the chances of getting a Blue response to your post pretty low. US posters who make a decent suggestion will end up feeling slighted by non-response, EU posters expect it so don't really care. If I put a lot of effort into making a post/suggestion that explained the issue, offered solutions for the issue and was Godlike on the US forums and I didn't get a response I would be pissed.

Loras wrote:3. - the division of servers!

Legalities aside I would like to be able to transfer characters US<->EU. I mean, if I moved from England to US and was therefore under US law shouldn't I play on the US client and on a US server :p

Loras wrote:4. D3 beta.

Hum, do they update the D3 beta and release ever increasingly fixed versions of it?

Loras wrote:5. PTR.

Isn't it pretty much crap and unstable for both US and EU? Have seen plenty of posts in the frustrations thread from both US and EU players about PTR over the years.

Loras wrote:First, I mostly state facts. Half the people in the thread agree that these things exist, but don't agree it is bothersome. The other half also agree that these thigns exist AND also agree that they are bothersome. In summary, everyone agrees witht the facts I present. Where did I do wrong here?

And the other half (3rd) feel we have it better EU side. Of the 5 points you made only point 1 directly affects my gameplay. When I come home from work log on to play, issues in points 2-5 do not affect me in the slightest. Wow patching does. EU patching is better because of the US patching.

Sorry US, you are being screwed.

Also Blizzard gave US a random name generator on their client as they can't think of a character name!
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Re: EU's lack of features in customer service compared to US

Postby yappo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:55 am

Read through the posts here. One of the mentioned items is indeed relevant, and that is the forum divisions. It is a service we're implicitly paying for. At least in the sense that I need to use my battle-net ID to post, and a battle-net ID is associated with the same TOS for EU and NA clients (within limits of national laws).

This is the one area where paying clients are indeed treated differently. Wether this is important or not isn't part of the issue.

I personally don't believe that a segregated community is reason enough to make paying customers voting with their feet, but rest assured that every technical problem with merging the forums would vanish within a month or two should Activision receive reliable data saying that customers voted with their feet as a result of how the forums were handled. Mandatory real-ID comes to mind.
yappo

Re: EU - the scapegoat...

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:07 am

Loras wrote:Fridmarr, can I ask you to reread my first post, please (or even the whole topic)?
I read the thread, it started off on a bad tone with the (now changed) topic title and the rant warning. I mean when you have to warn people that your own post is going to be a rant, you may want to reconsider it.

Loras wrote:First, I mostly state facts. Half the people in the thread agree that these things exist, but don't agree it is bothersome. The other half also agree that these thigns exist AND also agree that they are bothersome. In summary, everyone agrees witht the facts I present. Where did I do wrong here?
Well that's why you are getting recommendations about the frustrations thread. Those fact are not in doubt and as such, there is not much too them that is discussion worthy. Whether it sucks or not is besides the point.

Loras wrote:Second, I am asking about people's opinions about it, after just expressing my own thoughts.
Fair enough, but then the bad tone of the thread culminated with calling the people that disagree with you trolls, then ripping the forums here in general.

Loras wrote:Ok, fine, delete the topic then, it's pretty pointless. If it didn't belong here in the first place, I just don't know why you didn't do it right from the start...

Fair enough.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Previous

Return to General