Remove Advertisements

Brewfest 2011

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Brewfest 2011

Postby Nothan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Oh, to be honest, I have no interest in the mounts, it's just that I despise leveling through quests, but my ilevel is too low for GB/Lost City/HoO and I'm always getting VP/Stonecore and luck seems to be on my side for drakes from Stonecore. I've seen it a total of 3 times now, 2 of 3 which I've won :P
Nothan

Postby Mukat » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Ram and kodo from one keg yesterday. Everyone in my guild hates me now.
Did I mention i got ram and kodo last year? Or was it two years ago?
Mukat

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:43 pm

Mukat wrote:Ram and kodo from one keg yesterday. Everyone in my guild hates me now.
Did I mention i got ram and kodo last year? Or was it two years ago?

You enjoy pain don't you.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:16 pm

Welp...I have now looted 3 Kodo and 2 maces. good year this year to be sure.
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:43 pm

0 maces, 0 daggers, 0 rams, 0 kodos.
Though yesterday I DID get 25 brewfest tokens, and did 17k as tank.

Note: A Mage on the same run did 44k dps. 99% Arcane Blast. OP?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:25 pm

Anyone else getting Brewfest tokens from the daily kegs now? Seems a bit odd that they tacked that on in the middle of the holiday.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:48 pm

Probably because of complaints about, "There is no loot."
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:09 pm

True. What is the point of getting a bag with no loot in it. Why not get no bag. :)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Mukat » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:57 pm

I'm glad they started giving tokens in the bags now. Makes me feel better seeing SOMETHING. Especially when I'm already getting 2 mounts. That I already have.
Mukat

Postby Amshel » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:58 pm

Why should we expect loot every time for every little thing we do? The keg is for a chance at a rare drop and so we're not allowed to continuously farm the boss. And I think it's sad that tokens a decent amount of people wouldn't even use would be enough to placate people about their rage of "There is no loot."

Happily, got my rogue the shank, and one of my druids got the ram.
Amshel

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:09 pm

Nothan wrote:Oh, to be honest, I have no interest in the mounts, it's just that I despise leveling through quests, but my ilevel is too low for GB/Lost City/HoO and I'm always getting VP/Stonecore and luck seems to be on my side for drakes from Stonecore. I've seen it a total of 3 times now, 2 of 3 which I've won :P

Tell me that's on two different characters... cause if not, that's kind of douchy to roll on something you already have (especially something that rare.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Bunni » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:38 am

Amshel wrote:Why should we expect loot every time for every little thing we do? The keg is for a chance at a rare drop and so we're not allowed to continuously farm the boss. And I think it's sad that tokens a decent amount of people wouldn't even use would be enough to placate people about their rage of "There is no loot."

"There is no loot." is just a side effect of badges getting turned into non physical points. The bags were always intended to have something visual in them, your daily badge reward. Otherwise I really doubt they would have made the bags a 100% reward from killing the event bosses but only actually have something in them a small % of the time. Giving someone special bags every day but having them be mostly empty is just annoying to most of us and adding just about anything to them would have made people happy.

Personally I'm glad they are tokens, I'm not sure how many I've lost over my characters from moving too quickly and having my ram despawn or running circles around barrels and ending up with an exhausted ram anyway.
Keeping the gaming world safe for old folks. www.theoldergamers.com
Bunni

Postby Amshel » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:03 am

Bunni wrote:
Amshel wrote:Why should we expect loot every time for every little thing we do? The keg is for a chance at a rare drop and so we're not allowed to continuously farm the boss. And I think it's sad that tokens a decent amount of people wouldn't even use would be enough to placate people about their rage of "There is no loot."

"There is no loot." is just a side effect of badges getting turned into non physical points. The bags were always intended to have something visual in them, your daily badge reward. Otherwise I really doubt they would have made the bags a 100% reward from killing the event bosses but only actually have something in them a small % of the time. Giving someone special bags every day but having them be mostly empty is just annoying to most of us and adding just about anything to them would have made people happy.

Personally I'm glad they are tokens, I'm not sure how many I've lost over my characters from moving too quickly and having my ram despawn or running circles around barrels and ending up with an exhausted ram anyway.

I'm not sure what your point is, you've repeated what I said.

The bag was intended to have the badges, but since badges are not visually represented anymore they are still there to hold the chance rare items. It's just like killing Attumen. Did you get the mount? Yes, it's there. No, it's not there. So you need a booby prize for not getting a small percent dropped item? That's what the trinkets are for.

To me, "there is no loot," is not a big deal. I don't hate that the keg gives tokens either.
Amshel

Postby Bunni » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:09 am

Mostly just that you seem to not appreciate why people dislike "There is no loot." so much. Getting something special for killing the boss only to have it essentially say "Haha better luck tomorrow!" when you open it is just frustrating. Adding something (anything) visual to the bag solves that, it could have just been free brewfest booze and people probably wouldn't have minded. Alternately they could have the loot bags be a rare drop and only show up when you actually have something to loot.
Keeping the gaming world safe for old folks. www.theoldergamers.com
Bunni

Postby Amshel » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:32 am

And you seem to want to wring out every little loot you can get. What's wrong with better luck tomorrow? Random loot is random. Sometimes random loot means no loot. I'd rather get nothing than something I'd just delete. Like I said before, I think it's sad that people need trash items to feel better about not getting anything. Does that item that sells for nothing really make it better that you didn't get x item? Do you think, "phew, I'm glad I got this [Shard of Pretty Purple Glass] at least!"?

I don't think you appreciate that no loot is an acceptable option.
Amshel

PreviousNext

Return to General