Remove Advertisements

[10H] Alysrazor

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby Belloc » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:26 pm

Barring a near-wipe, early death scenario, I'd be talking to my DPS if it took that long to kill the boss.
Belloc

Postby Halibell » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Hello all, first time posting =). To kill her by the second burn phase how much damage should the flyer be doing exactly, we've killed her twice so far but it takes us until the 3rd burn phase. Is our mage not dps'ing correctly while flying? http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8wpg ... 991&e=6904
Halibell

Postby Belloc » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:12 am

Halibell wrote:Hello all, first time posting =). To kill her by the second burn phase how much damage should the flyer be doing exactly, we've killed her twice so far but it takes us until the 3rd burn phase. Is our mage not dps'ing correctly while flying? http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8wpg ... 991&e=6904

Third burn phase is fine if you only have 1 flying DPS. You'll need 2 flyers if you want to kill her by the second burn phase.
Belloc

Postby Halibell » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:41 am

ah I see, thx!
Halibell

Postby stevos » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:41 am

How many stacks are you taking in phase 4 (tank / AoE phase) before tank switching?

Are you using cd for this or saving them for the hatchlings.

Last night i used my 50% and 20% abilities on it and then when my hatchling enraged in the new phase 1, I had no cd's left (realised after i should have used bubble).

Was thinking of switching it around 20% then 50% to give a bit more time for the cd, but not sure how doable this is.
stevos

Postby Brosterr » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:13 am

For every ground phase i have GoAK and DP, i take her, pop both and our other tank takes her once GoAK is down. I then sac the OT and have everyone that has a raid cd use it (rallying cry, totem, am, dg and tranq) mostly because why not, its total overkill but again, why not.

As for cd's on birds, i honestly never use them, but if i did i would have Ardent and LoH for a bad tantrum that the healer wasnt ready for. As for DP i use it about 5 sec after i eat the first worm for each bird. I eat the worm instantly when the birds spawn so its like, eat worm....5 esc....DP....possible tantrum, i tell the healer to be ready, once i am below 50% and the worm is faced away i go in and tell the healer to back off. He pretty much spams on me when i say to watch out, because there is max 3 or 4 seconds where tantrum is up and im either waiting for the worm to turn or too far above 50% in which case i wait because a random tantrum on the way to the boulders can be bad, and if im not at 50% by then im behind and would be going to the boulders with a bird. Most of those scenarios never happen to me anymore, the bird almost never tantrums as it is normally eat a worm, 50% eat another worm, all before the tantrum.

Too many words, but short answer is, save GoAK for ground, use DP for every bird phase at some point and you have Ardent and LoH if something goes wrong.
Brosterr

Postby Belloc » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:27 am

GoAK for ground phase, indeed. I pop it pretty much immediately. I tank until 6/7 stacks before the other tank taunts.

When I pick up a bird, I use DP/Holy Shield as soon as it becomes active. When DP is falling or close to, I pop my Vial of Stolen Memories (which won't be up for later birds). I save AD and bubble for any potential bird problems. With my personal DPS, I rarely even see a tantrum after eating the first worm.

Also, I do use GoAK on the first bird if I get a bad tantrum. It will be up for the boss if you use it early enough.
Belloc

Postby Ezelyn » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:23 am

hi, can this fight be done like normal ?
2 tanks, 2 heals, 4 ground dps, 2 flying dps
or is it safer to do : 2 tanks 3 heals 4 ground dps, and one flyer ?

Is burning phase comparable with RyoHM p2 or BethHM P2 with 20 stacks ?
Ezelyn

Postby Fetzie » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:30 am

We killed it with

prot paladin
prot warrior
holy paladin
resto druid
shadow priest
shadow priest (holy priest offspec)
arcane mage
feral dps
retri pala
frost dk

We had Divine Guardian, Aura Mastery, Divine Hymn and tranquility up for each burnout when the boss hit 93 energy. Maybe overkill, but better safe than sorry. We killed her about 30 seconds after she took off the second time (just shy of 13 minutes).
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Belloc » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:32 am

Ezelyn wrote:hi, can this fight be done like normal ?

If you can kill heroic Rhyolith with 2 healers, you can kill this boss with two healers. It all depends on the strengths and weaknesses of your raid.

My raid, for instance, uses 2 tanks, 3 healers, 2 flying dps, 3 ground dps. My last guild used 2 tanks, 2 healers, 2 flying dps, and 4 ground dps.
Belloc

Postby fafhrd » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:47 pm

Ezelyn wrote:hi, can this fight be done like normal ?

We do 2 tanks, 2 heals, 2 flyers, 4 ground dps, FWIW. Not saying that's better or worse than your other option, but it does work. We also did 2 tanks, 3 heal, 2 flyers, 3 ground dps while learning, but it was easier keeping up with meteors and initiates by having our healing priest switch to his so-so shadow spec.

Actually I guess you could say we do 1.5 flyers, since after the first burnout our spriest doesn't go back into the air, while our firemage still does. We were doing it with both staying in the air the whole fight, but figured that smoothing out the first round of intiates after the first burnout was worth killing the boss a little slower, since she still dies during the 2nd burnout, and wouldn't really die significantly quicker if the spriest stayed up the whole time. Keeping just one flyer the whole time would stretch the fight much further into a 3rd ground phase, which wouldn't be fun at all.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby McHayes » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:44 am

Belloc wrote:GoAK for ground phase, indeed. I pop it pretty much immediately. I tank until 6/7 stacks before the other tank taunts.

When I pick up a bird, I use DP/Holy Shield as soon as it becomes active. When DP is falling or close to, I pop my Vial of Stolen Memories (which won't be up for later birds). I save AD and bubble for any potential bird problems. With my personal DPS, I rarely even see a tantrum after eating the first worm.

Also, I do use GoAK on the first bird if I get a bad tantrum. It will be up for the boss if you use it early enough.

Phase 4 I always solo tank, I wait an ewee bit longer with using cooldown but the first I pop will be a glyphed DP, later I use GoAK. If I feel I will die with the knockback I always have Ardent Defender at the ready. (And make sure you always have fire resist x))

There should be no need for instantly using DP/HS when you pick up a bird, try saving it for a tantrum, then pop your holy shield, it's seriously fuckin amazing. you'll lol at the dmg it's doing when tantrum'deded. (mind you, be unhittable via block)

edit;(just saw you use vial) Try using 2 mastery trinkets(read;dps trinkets) like, Impatience of Youth and Essence of Eternal Flame. This will give you a lot more block which is better for survival in combination with holy shield and tantrum. Then the on-use which gives you some moar pewpew dmg and a little extra parry! The Essence has a 1min c/d, so you can pretty much use it whenever an egg drops.

--

Next to that, what people should aim for in feeding the birds = 66%/33%, if you are _really_ unlucky in parry/dodge/miss, then you might get in trouble dps-wise. but with some procs on AS the birds go down without any trouble and people should just feed the birds whenever they get unhappy.
Sirq - Warrior Tank
Mchayes - Paladin Tank
McHayes

Postby Técaro » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:51 pm

I also tank P4 solo, use DP later on in the phase, Hand of Reckoning and Bubble around 9-10 stacks, save all other cooldowns for the P1 cycles. I really don't see why you'd need to spend tank cooldowns on non-tantrumed birds either, unless you have gushing wound and it could enrage any second.
As for general survivability, if you have the choice of having CTC without sacrificing all your hit/exp, go for it. Holy shield will be that good. Personally I run with the revered str on use trinket and License to Slay, full CTC.
Slight trick, while waiting for the eggs to hatch you can judge an initiate to keep the buff up from License to Slay.
Técaro

Postby Belloc » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:13 am

It wasn't mentioned in the hotfix notes, but Initiates are now stunnable. This can be used to prevent brushfires.
Belloc

Postby frontallobe » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:39 am

How many stacks are you taking in phase 4 (tank / AoE phase) before tank switching?

We've always solo tanked it. I save GaK for 4 seconds or so in and it's usually gtg. Brush fires are less now after nerf and you can stack a bit more tanking gear since the adds are easily killed now too.

This fight just takes practice imho. We had done 30 or so wipes pre-nerf and were going to kill it the week the nerfs came out so the slow tornadoes messed my group up about 5x post-nerf
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)