Remove Advertisements

[10H] Ragnaros

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Ragnaros

Postby Kitmajere » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:52 pm

Belloc wrote:Negative -- for a full 10% spell power buff, you need a demo lock or an elemental shaman. I had to look it up, though, so no worries on that one :P

Replenishment makes sense, though.

Heh, I tried to find out which had a higher DPS parse between Destro and Demo and... well, there were no parses that included a destro warlock. So, if nothing else, he'd get #1 :P

10 man isn't parsing though :( - or else our destro lock would be up there! Wooo replenishment...

Edit: He should definitely consider demo assuming that you have that spriest around.
Kitmajere

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:14 am

Alright, so... my comp isn't having spectacular luck with AOEing the adds. Granted, we just started our first attempts last night, but I don't think AOE is going to cut it for us.

What can you guys tell me about the single target strategy in phase 2? Where do we stand before seeds? Where do we go after? Do we stack up before seeds and then spread? Do we spread out on one side and then move to the other? How do we handle the seeds with a single-target approach?
Belloc

Postby Adornus » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:57 am

Personally I don't use this, we AoE, so I can't say if it works or not... This is what Angered used.

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/74fa1 ... phase2.png

http://angeredguild.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=73

If you have a Mage or Spriest, that helps for AoE quite a bit since you can have them stand out before seeds and then either "melee" aoe with blast or mind flay from a spot not in the group.
Adornus

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:16 am

Thank you, Adornus! That was exactly what I needed :D
Belloc

Postby Kitmajere » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:42 am

What we did was what Paragon suggested for 10 man - we stack like they do, move like they do, but just spread out as they are reaching us since we don't have sufficient aoe to actually kill them. People use blink/teleport/disengage to get out asap and the rest of us just spread. This way everyone gets a <50% hp add, which is pretty easy to kill.

Edit: This is our super-awesome paint pic. We start on the far left and run right. You could definitely add in the mage or lock blink/port in to aoe thing mentioned in this thread, but we just hadn't thought of it before we were already well versed w/ P2. Also note that the pic just gives a general idea - tanks weren't actually on each other, etc.

Kitmajere

Postby Adornus » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Here are some other things I do for timing CDs. I'm a holy pally, so maybe any other holy pallies in your raid might find this useful, at least to give an idea on timing of CDs.

P1:
AM the second trap
Hand of Sac on original tank's first taunt (2nd time on Rag) + Divine Plea
Wings around 77-80%
Lay on Hands (as a mana pot essentially)

P1.5:
Guardian of Ancient Kings

P2:
Holy Radiance + Divine Favor after second seed explosion
Holy Radiance + Wings after third seed explosion (I'm debating on flipping these TBH)
AM on the second seed explosion
Hand of Sac on a tank (generally when running over between 1st and 3rd explosions - hopefully Plea as well)

P2.5:
None

P3:
Wings after Engulfing Flames (when I have time to cast)

P4:
Aura mastery before first breadth when Superheated stacks are around 2-3.
Other than that - ?

Also, as far as P2, here's what we do.

http://bossblueprint.com/php/get.php?img=bqOXRKMLW

1 = arcane mage
2 = spriest

Also, once the seeds get past diamond, we have spread out but until then have people stay in a line between green, purple and yellow.
Adornus

Postby Kitmajere » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:11 pm

You guys and your fancy boss blueprints. :-p
Kitmajere

Postby Adornus » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:16 pm

It's because I can't draw sweet diagrams like you have. I rely on others' work to make it easier for me.
Adornus

Postby Kitmajere » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:24 pm

Actually my little brother drew it.

He's 21 >,<.
Kitmajere

Postby baleogthefierce » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:45 am

Our comp generally lacks execute classes so while we can easily make the 2 seeds DPS check, we've been unable to ever get one meteor. Last night I decided to go for a set that gives 26 expertise, 8% hit, and the 2-piece T12 Retribution bonus. That change made the difference for our raid DPS in phase 3 and allowed us to push one meteor without greatly decreasing my survivability.

It's also pretty fun doing 20k DPS in a 10-man :)
baleogthefierce

Postby Adornus » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:03 pm

So Rag stops mid-cast on engulfing flames now if you hit 40%? He's done that twice for us. He doesn't finish the full channel apparently.
Adornus

Postby RedAces » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:42 am

@Baelog: We've had the same problem and here are some ideas, I'll just list them all - don't know if you're already doing them (and for the sake of completeness).
  • Do your casters have the Executetrinket from Tolvir?
  • Have your tanks (or healers) kick the meteors so the DPS can focus on their damage.
  • Make 2 groups at maximum spread (all the way to the side) to maximize the time the meteor can be left unattended.
  • Remind everyone to chuck pots and chain all CDs like mad in P3.
  • Extend the 2nd transition as long as humanly possible, and if the scions don't die...
  • DO NOT FOCUS the scions, just cleave/dot them (or have your tanks kill them).
  • Pop BL after the first Engulfing for maximum DPS.
  • If you're running with a disc priest have him/her smite (needs atonement talented).
RedAces

Postby Adornus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:19 am

RedAces wrote:@Baelog: We've had the same problem and here are some ideas, I'll just list them all - don't know if you're already doing them (and for the sake of completeness).
  • Have your tanks (or healers) kick the meteors so the DPS can focus on their damage.
  • Make 2 groups at maximum spread (all the way to the side) to maximize the time the meteor can be left unattended.
  • Remind everyone to chuck pots and chain all CDs like mad in P3.
  • Extend the 2nd transition as long as humanly possible, and if the scions don't die...
  • DO NOT FOCUS the scions, just cleave/dot them (or have your tanks kill them).

In addition to what RedAces said...

• If you're running with a resto druid, have him DPS to hell the minute you hit hero. Ours has even volcanic potted and ToL since DPSing for him is mana neutral.
  • We hit hero the minute phase three hits and blow EVERYTHING.
  • Off tank (side with two tanks, one healer and one DPS) or healer (side with one healer, four DPS) should be handling meteors. If a backup is needed on tank side, the healer should handle the meteor.

Have people respec if needed. This is really the only part of the fight where DPS is needed. We usually stop DPS in P1 and P2 before they end. Have classes get as much burst/execute as humanly possible. Only one healer should be busy during P3, so the other can help DPS and chuck meteors.
Adornus

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:58 am

Adornus wrote:So Rag stops mid-cast on engulfing flames now if you hit 40%? He's done that twice for us. He doesn't finish the full channel apparently.

We saw that a few times last night, but a few times he finished the cast as we expected so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm guessing there's a tipping point where if he casts the second Engulfing Flames he'll also cast a third, but if he's below 40% before the second one is cast he just stops immediately. It's only a few seconds of difference, but for our raid it often means the difference between pushing one and two meteors.
baleogthefierce

Postby Treck » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:08 am

This is most likely due to the fact that in order to make a good p3, you really wanted to wait with pushing him past p2 during a cast, thus getting more time to dps him before he would trigger an intermission.
With the nerf to his hp, i guess they just made him stop casting and transition right away, as the dps race isnt even close to the same anymore.
With his hp differance we never bothered waiting for a cast to push the second intermission, but does he interrupt his smash aswell? or is it only engulfing?
Treck

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)