25[H] Ragnaros

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: 25[H] Ragnaros

Postby Belloc » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:15 pm

Does the player need to be HoP'd before the seeds even appear, or only when the elementals themselves appear?
Belloc

Postby Treck » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Maybe it wont take you as a target, but it will still jump for someone else?
Aka still 20 seeds?

Id like some confirmation on that tbh, cuz i remember that we experienced that HoP/bubble/iceblock didnt prevent you from beeing targeted at all during progress.
Not to mention if that is the case, mages can easily iceblock to avoid beeing a target, and then jump in with AE, and theres no mention of this anywhere else, so i dont really think it works.
Treck

Postby Kishandra » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Belloc wrote:Does the player need to be HoP'd before the seeds even appear, or only when the elementals themselves appear?

The player needs to be HoP'ed before the seeds appear. It just makes the hop'd person an invalid target for seeds (just like pre-hopping majordomo searing seeds). I just checked the log of our last kill, it seems that not only does it prevent the seed spawning on the targetted player, it actually prevents the spawn itself 80% of the time. There were only 57 molten elemental deaths and we hopped a caster every spawn.

When BigWigs or DBM is counting down to the seeds from 5, just have your paladins throw their hops at 3-4 and it should be fine.

We haven't tried iceblocking yet, but from all indications, it should also prevent you from being a seed target, and immuning the spawn as well, so mages can just not move and stay in an iceblock, and come out arcane explosioning like crazy. Testing required!
Last edited by Kishandra on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kishandra

Postby madmessias » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:31 pm

Treck wrote:Maybe it wont take you as a target, but it will still jump for someone else?
Aka still 20 seeds?

Id like some confirmation on that tbh, cuz i remember that we experienced that HoP/bubble/iceblock didnt prevent you from beeing targeted at all during progress.
Not to mention if that is the case, mages can easily iceblock to avoid beeing a target, and then jump in with AE, and theres no mention of this anywhere else, so i dont really think it works.

Yes still 20seeds, but it wont target you.
Can be seen here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntm1_XB8OO4
madmessias

Postby Belloc » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:56 am

My previous guild tested this out on 10-man last night and confirmed it. If a player is affected by HoP when seeds are cast, that player will not spawn a seed and, as a result, you will have one less elemental.

Thanks for the tip :D
Belloc

Postby warden » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:02 am

It does not simply force the seed onto another person; it actually prevents it from spawning. The mechanic works as Belloc stated in the post above. Things that we've confirmed to work:

Ice Block
Bubble
HoP
Glyphed Grounding Totem (but not unglyphed)

On the odd times when somoene uses one of these (properly) and 20 seeds still spawn, it just means they weren't one of the 20 targeted. DBM also now has a warning that, upon spawn, tells you if you're targeted or not.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby rijn dael » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:56 am

Anyone able to confirm immunities working post nerf-patch?

Haven't been able to see it occur consistently so far - and its a bit hard to tell how many spawned in 25 to compare.
rijn dael

Postby Belloc » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:19 am

rijn dael wrote:Anyone able to confirm immunities working post nerf-patch?

Haven't been able to see it occur consistently so far - and its a bit hard to tell how many spawned in 25 to compare.

I'm seeing 10-man log entries from last night showing 7 adds casting Molten Inferno on certain waves. I believe there are supposed to be 8 adds, which indicates that immunities, used at the appropriate time, still prevent the adds from spawning.
Belloc

Postby warden » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:48 am

They were working fine last night for us.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:10 am

Belloc wrote:
rijn dael wrote:Anyone able to confirm immunities working post nerf-patch?

I'm seeing 10-man log entries from last night showing 7 adds casting Molten Inferno on certain waves. I believe there are supposed to be 8 adds, which indicates that immunities, used at the appropriate time, still prevent the adds from spawning.

Confirmed, last night we were able to reliably keep our Mage from being targeted so he could assist with AoE. Several times he must have been targeted since we got 7 seeds instead of 8.
baleogthefierce

Postby rijn dael » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Maybe it was a matter of timing?

We tried from just prior to the seeds spawning all the way to 7-8sec before the timer ended, using bop. Were not able to obtain consistent results - although either our spriest had very good rng, or it worked a few times (he got 2-3 spawns on him, out of about 10 wipes where we tried it). We had no deaths during that phase - so they weren't redirected to him either (p3/4 wipes atm).

Any ideas?
rijn dael

Postby Kishandra » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:17 pm

rijn dael wrote:Maybe it was a matter of timing?

We tried from just prior to the seeds spawning all the way to 7-8sec before the timer ended, using bop. Were not able to obtain consistent results - although either our spriest had very good rng, or it worked a few times (he got 2-3 spawns on him, out of about 10 wipes where we tried it). We had no deaths during that phase - so they weren't redirected to him either (p3/4 wipes atm).

Any ideas?

0:00 Rag emerges from lava, phase 2 starts
0:10-14 <<<--- USE BOP HERE
0:15 Rag throws out a bunch of seeds
0:18 Seeds land
0:25 Seeds explode and start chasing people

This ensures no elemental spawns on BOP target. The important thing is for the target to be immune to physical abilities at the instant Ragnaros throws out his seeds.
Kishandra

Postby Chicken » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:25 am

Kishandra wrote:
rijn dael wrote:Maybe it was a matter of timing?

Any ideas?

0:00 Rag emerges from lava, phase 2 starts
0:10-14 <<<--- USE BOP HERE
0:15 Rag throws out a bunch of seeds
0:18 Seeds land
0:25 Seeds explode and start chasing people
You can base your timing on the Sulfuras Smash cast as well. The seeds happen around the same time Ragnaros finishes casting the first one in phase 2, so do a BoP right when he starts casting it and you should be good.
Chicken

Postby madmessias » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:40 am

So yea, confirmed the bop thing is working, but a mage should be able to stand right ahead of the group and iceblock where the seeds spawn, and he should be immune to the seed (just like bop) and damage? Could use slightly more aoe so this would help alot.
madmessias

Postby mort » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:23 am

Yes, but Iceblock has a 5 minute cooldown so unless you have 3 mages it wouldnt work on all waves. Our mage has proved it to be a valid strategy but he prefers saving Iceblock for a sticky situation.
mort

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)