Lab - Vorpil

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Lab - Vorpil

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:49 pm

How do you guys Kite him? I tried bringing him north, then south, and repeat as necessary, then the other way around...in either he ate 4 to 6 voidies...

And how fast do you move him? I just don't know, and frankly, it's a bit disappointing after seeing my guild's tanks doing it so perfectly.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:20 pm

Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPpZiMKIfg8

=D

Disregard my gear, that vid is friggin OLD.

But no seriously, after that if he's still up I just walk backwards towards Murmur's room. If he ports AGAIN, I back up to Murmur AGAIN.
Invisusira

Postby Elennira » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:01 pm

i just sit him where he is at the start....if the dps cant kill him before the second port then WTF ARE THEY DOING!?
Elennira

Postby Invisusira » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:15 pm

Elennira wrote:i just sit him where he is at the start....if the dps cant kill him before the second port then WTF ARE THEY DOING!?

Not being overgeared?

It's not uncommon for groups geared at the level Slabs is meant to be play to have multiple ports.
Invisusira

Postby Elennira » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:17 pm

true...i suppose i've just gotten used to having T5 dps from my guild backing me up on heroic runs to avoid the general 'wtf u r pallydan! u r teh heelar!'
Elennira

Postby Metrodin » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:58 pm

Kiting is ok but relies on making sure you dont pull him along too fast if you have a lot of caster dps.

To be honest, I'd never even seen the kiting method until several runs through SL.
As an Enhancement Shaman (my first 70), Heroism + Fire Elemental totem usually would utterly destroy him and his adds (fire immunity meant the ele kept dps'ing him through his aoe while blast waving the voids).

The difficulty of the fight is relative to your dps though. If they cant burn him down fast enough then you will go down under a swarm of exploding void adds.

Personally, I'd rather not kite him at all. Just burn him straight down while killing the odd void, theyre not tough and they move slowly, but it seems that your average pug dps'er can barely manage decent dps on a single target, let alone while being distracted by add duty.
Metrodin

Postby Exodius » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:26 am

Well, I haven't been in SL normal for a while, but been a few times recently on heroic...

I move relatively quick. A good trick to consider is to drag him over the rocks on the far sides of the room away from murmur. It can take a while for the VWs to catch up if you do that...

Situational awareness is the key though. Don't drag him right into a pack of 5 VWs waiting for him. That's bad. Turn, look, plan before you move.

It's also sensible to drag him as far as you can as early as you can, and then to alternate. That can help too.

But just be aware of where they all are and don't go that way. :D
Exodius

Postby Sthallas » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:28 am

Actually I sit at the far end of the room and have a hunter MD to me, he gets to me fast enough, then go nuts on threat and dps loads up. When he ports, his VWs are all the way at the other end of the room so he rarely takes a heal.
Sthallas

Postby aardvark » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:24 pm

I don't kite, it has never gone well for me, tank him where he is or at the codex and kill him.
Works like a charm in normal unless your groups dps is sub-par, and I now know that it works just as well in heroic too,
when after 5 wipes I finally managed to get the rest of the group to try dps'ing without kiting. :)

Might have to move him a bit for the last few %, had to scream at my group for holding back on dps when he was at 5% and had 4 voids coming a bit too close.

P.S. He hits like a girl, have your healer help out a bit with dps'ing him. :)
(unless you have lot of meleedps getting hurt by the occasional void blowing up)
Lorelai - 70 pally
@ Horde - Kul Tiras
aardvark

Postby Exodius » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:17 am

The problem with kiting in heroics is that he randomly banishes a party member, including the tank. If he turns on someone standing next to a VW, well, it's just crap. You need to have the team aware of their positioning next to VWs in heroics as well. :(

With a bit of work though I find kiting not too bad. Have never tried direct dps on him though. :?
Exodius

Postby Cynnammon » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:57 am

I've only run SL on regular mode (just starting to run heroics with my guild), but I've never had success kiting him around. I don't know whether that's because the dps wouldn't let him follow me, or what.

I stand up on the stairs to the left of the platform that he is on when you're facing him, as you come into the room. There isn't a portal on that side, but there is one on the right side, so don't go there. Pull with AS, then follow with the typical spell mode. Every time you're ported, go right back to the same spot. This has worked every time with me, the only time it hasn't is when the ranged dps hasn't paid attention to the VWs to burn them down. They only get close after the third port though, if it goes to 3 ports.

Oh, and first post. :D
Last edited by Cynnammon on Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cynnammon

Postby Dianora » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:00 pm

Invisusira wrote:Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPpZiMKIfg8

=D

Disregard my gear, that vid is friggin OLD.

But no seriously, after that if he's still up I just walk backwards towards Murmur's room. If he ports AGAIN, I back up to Murmur AGAIN.

BTW, Inv, I'm looking at your old Romulo and Julianne video, and wonder what mod or SCT filter you use to announce cooldown on the screen?
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Invisusira » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:02 pm

Invisusira

Postby Uthadanin » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:27 am

Sthallas wrote:Actually I sit at the far end of the room and have a hunter MD to me, he gets to me fast enough, then go nuts on threat and dps loads up. When he ports, his VWs are all the way at the other end of the room so he rarely takes a heal.

This sounds really good to try, to bad when we go back on tuesday to get the guildies (newly recruited) their first key shard I will be stuck on healing duty as our best geared tank will be tanking. Our best geared healer will be on his hunter (both are nealy all epic builds and I can't do 8k heal crits like he can).
Uthadanin

Postby Eanin » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:14 pm

It depends on how well geared the group is. If the group is uber-geared, you can kill him in spite of the heals. I just tank him on the platform.

If it's medium-geared, I just tank him off to the side and put someone on add duty.

Really, there's no reason to kite on non-heroic except because it looks fancy.
Eanin

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics