Brewfest 2011

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Brewfest 2011

Postby Chicken » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:00 am

They did actually add another new thing outside of the new stein. There's now a Brewfest Keg Pony (Not to be confused with the Brewfest Pony Keg) available for 200 Brewfest tokens.
Chicken

Postby halabar » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:37 am

dinged 84 on my mage and got in.

Got the tankard and remote from the keg, and then got the caster trinket about 5 pulls later. Not bad for first day. Early tankards had sold out on the AH, so posted mine kinda high. We'll see what happens.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby poptart » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:40 am

Heh, love RNG....

On one alt healer, ran him through and he got the healer trinket on the first time. Ran him through as a tank later and he got the 2x stam trinkets and the dodge trinket in 5 runs.

On another alt healer, I did 22 runs last night and never even saw the healer trinket drop. The dodge trinket did drop like six times in a row, however! :D

I am done already on two of my three max level toons and that alt healer just needs the one healer trinket. Not a terrible first day.

Poptart
poptart

Postby Volitaire » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:42 am

I finished both of my max level yesterday to include trinkets for their OS.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby djlar » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:08 am

Got a tankard on my rogue, went to place it in the AH, it was at 500g, there were 30+ posts ranged from 500g to 5Kg..

Wanted the caster DPS trinket for my boomkin, did about 40 pulls, of the 40 the pocket watch dropped 2 or 3 times, every time got ninjad by the healer..
djlar

Postby econ21 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:43 am

How useful are these trinkets?

On my main tankadin, I'd been thinking of getting the melee crit one for ret offspec, but since everyone says strength is ret's key stat, I am not sure it is worth it. (I have licence to slay and Darkmoon Card: Hurricane). I did the boss endlessly the other day, until I could bear it no longer, but it seemed that trinket only dropped twice, was very much in demand and I did not have the heart to need it in the face of them (I dislike playing ret and almost never do, except when I draw the short straw in a solo tank fight).

On my warrior tank, I am not sure I can be bothered with the tank trinkets. The stamina ones have a lot of stamina, but I wonder if they are superior to the phial (365 Firelands) or even the earthen guardian, as their secondary effects seem weak to non-existent? The dodge one seems ok reforged, but I am not sure it beats a straight mastery trinket - even the Tol Barad ones, does it? Maybe it's better than the impatience of youth for a warrior, as getting CTC capped now is not as big a priority for them as for palas (if only because it is less attainable at my gear level).
econ21

Postby halabar » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:52 am

econ21 wrote:How useful are these trinkets?

Depends on the class. I'm thinking the crit ap one might actually be good for my hunters, since DMC Hurricane got nerfed a while back so I'm stuck with Ricket's or regular Cyclone as my second trinket.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby fafhrd » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:42 am

Chicken wrote:They did actually add another new thing outside of the new stein. There's now a Brewfest Keg Pony (Not to be confused with the Brewfest Pony Keg) available for 200 Brewfest tokens.

Pix of Bronie Keg? Wowhead is all weird for me right now.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Amirya » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:17 am

Paladin doesn't particularly need any trinkets, but I might do a lazy grind to see if I can get the healer trinket so I can kill people in raids.

Druid, priest, shaman picked up the healer trinket.

DK picked up the dps trinket, it's an upgrade over what she had.

Need to pick up caster trinket on mage, dps trinket on hunter and rogue.

And probably Friday, level my warlock to 84, and get her in some of those runs.

Also, I lol at warlocks who need stamina and healing trinkets.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Chicken » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:33 pm

fafhrd wrote:
Chicken wrote:They did actually add another new thing outside of the new stein. There's now a Brewfest Keg Pony (Not to be confused with the Brewfest Pony Keg) available for 200 Brewfest tokens.

Pix of Bronie Keg? Wowhead is all weird for me right now.

Not quite like the the ponies you were hoping for I suppose.

E: Not my picture, I don't play undead.
Chicken

Postby fafhrd » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Definitely lacking in Magic yes. Thanks though.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby warden » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:11 pm

econ21 wrote:How useful are these trinkets?

On my main tankadin, I'd been thinking of getting the melee crit one for ret offspec, but since everyone says strength is ret's key stat, I am not sure it is worth it. (I have licence to slay and Darkmoon Card: Hurricane). I did the boss endlessly the other day, until I could bear it no longer, but it seemed that trinket only dropped twice, was very much in demand and I did not have the heart to need it in the face of them (I dislike playing ret and almost never do, except when I draw the short straw in a solo tank fight).

The crit trink isn't bad for ret (reforged for mastery), but L2S and DMC: H are both better. IIRC, the 365 molten front str trink is better than either of those though. Still, I wouldn't fault a new 85 that didn't want to shell out the money for the Darkmoon card for using it until they could pair L2S and the Molten Front trink.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:59 pm

fafhrd wrote:Definitely lacking in Magic yes. Thanks though.

Well, it's a bit... pinkish? Maybe feed him some Pie?

God. My inner bronie showing again? :oops:
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:01 am

I picked up the caster dps trinket on my priest and all but the caster dps trinket on my pally... now to decide if I want to bother trying for the healing trinket on the priest or just forgo it and only do my mount runs each day.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 am

stupid new purchasable thing, I totally didn't want to do anything for this holiday, but a keg pony is too awesome to pass up.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General