LFR funnies, MMO Champ

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR funnies, MMO Champ

Postby Archeth » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:05 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
Malthrax wrote:Legendary weapons could *DROP* during the 1st tier of raiding in an expansion, and gradually grow in power over the course of the expansion. Maybe they're orange the entire time; maybe they're just really good purples for the first 2-3 tiers of raiding before finally "ripening"

They specifically don't want any gear to do that

Well they could do it easily enough without violating their principles by having special (slightly more powerful) gems that can be attained through the tiers and when you get the set of them installed, it activates the legendary item bonus.

Not that I think it's a great idea or anything, but pretty much any new idea would be better than their current implementation.

In that regard it's also interesting that they did actually buff Val'anyr from level 239 to 245 in 3.2, although that can probably be attributed to the item being not that stellar compared to other weapons of its own tier when it was introduced.
Archeth

Postby Passionario » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:24 am

yappo wrote:
Passionario wrote:Let's play a little game: using Baradin Hold as a baseline example of a fully puggable raid, try to predict how existing T11/T12 instances will look on LFR difficulty.

Let's play a game where Blizzard forgets to pre-nerf the trash leading upp to boss number one according to the general pre-nerfs in LFR. Let's play a game where a majority of the pugs explode on their way to a boss they're probably fully capable of downing.

Naeh, Blizzard couldn't concievably make such an error, or? ;)

My game is more fun. :P

Firelands

* All trash mobs - Health and damage have been reduced.
* Hell Hound - Rend Flesh no longer stacks.
* Molten Lord - Melt Armor no longer stacks.
* Flamewaker Cauterizer - Cauterize cast time increased to 8 seconds.
* Lava Spawn can no longer Split.
* Blazing Monstrosities are no longer mountable.
* Blazing Crystal - New interactible object. When clicked on, will cause the nearest Blazing Monstrosity to turn and attack Egg Piles.

** Alysrazor
* Health and damage have been reduced for boss and all adds.
* Characters with Wings of Flame can now mount Alysrazor by flying close and right-clicking her. Mounted characters can attack Alysrazor and will automatically gain a stack of Blazing Power every time she creates a ring of fire.
* Blazing Talon Initiates will no longer gain Fire it up! buff upon successfully casting Fieroblast.
* Brushfire is now interruptible.
* Imprinted increases damage done to Voracious Hatchlings by 2500%, up from 1000%.
* Tantrum now lasts for 5 seconds.
* Fiery Tornados now move 70% slower.
* The number of Fiery Tornados has been reduced.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Amirya » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:10 am

Doz wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:Her druid isn't her main (last I checked) so the fact she got an ember is probably from pugging FL or we were missing a lot of other casters that night (and somewhere found another tank?) Yeah, I'm betting it was a PuG... so her drive to complete it isn't as high as someone who uses a caster main (or highly played alt.)

Ok, "I'm not going to bother with it" makes it sound like there was a chance that you'd actually be able to get it. (unless your guild normally gears out alts with legendaries, then it makes sense)

Well, I also tend to post at work while I'm on break, so I have limited time and don't really get the chance to edit like I'd want to.

I should have put, "Also, I don't intend to obtain it on my druid, because it's not worth it." Primary reason being, she's an alt so the chance is pretty small right there, and the other primary reason, she's resto/feral. If she were an oversized ostrich, then I might want a shot.

Also, I am a special snowflake, goddamnit. My mommy always told me I'm unique. :wink:
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Malthrax » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:17 am

Amirya wrote:
Also, I am a special snowflake, goddamnit. My mommy always told me I'm unique. :wink:

Funny... my mommy told me the same thing.

Are we both unique?

Doesn't that make us the same (in that regard)?

*angst*

:lol:
Malthrax

Postby Amirya » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:20 am

Are you my long lost sibling?!
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to General