Remove Advertisements

LFR funnies, MMO Champ

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR funnies, MMO Champ

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:31 am

The real question is, how many valor points will LFR give?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:33 pm

Sabindeus wrote:The real question is, how many valor points will LFR give?

And will it be more efficient from a time/effort vs capping out via farming T12 or the new 5 mans.

Or old 5 mans, for that matter. Logistically I can't imagine what a massive clusterfuck LFR is going to be unless you have only 1-3 strong personalities who are more interested in getting content done than running the show.

Have they stated if there are going to be changes to the weekly cap, and if all current content rewards are going to be downgraded?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:46 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:The real question is, how many valor points will LFR give?

And will it be more efficient from a time/effort vs capping out via farming T12 or the new 5 mans.

Or old 5 mans, for that matter. Logistically I can't imagine what a massive clusterfuck LFR is going to be unless you have only 1-3 strong personalities who are more interested in getting content done than running the show.

Have they stated if there are going to be changes to the weekly cap, and if all current content rewards are going to be downgraded?

They haven't said anything about the caps or # of points earned per cluster.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby sahiel » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:46 pm

The really annoying thing about the tokens for us is that my regular 10 man has 6 people on the conquerors token... ret, prot & holy pally, warlock, spriest and holy priest. No tier from anything but tokens is just going to exaggerate the already painful process we deal with currently, not to mention the people on the other tokens are almost all now using tokens on their 3rd set of off off spec gear whereas we're still having people fighting for the rare few conquerors that do drop =/

Hell, even a 2 for 1 trade in on tokens would be better than nothing.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:57 pm

They should go back to the TOGC tier tokens.

We have too many people on the conqueror token too.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Archeth » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:31 pm

I was glad when they replaced the class token idiocy with the ToC token system, only to go back to class tokens one tier later. Too bad they still insist on using it.
Archeth

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:00 pm

Lieris wrote:They should go back to the TOGC tier tokens.

I've always been incensed by the idiot class grouped tokens. Historically 40%+ of our raid has been conq token users. The 30/30/40 chance breakdown is bullshit. It doesn't help that this tier we're running almost 40% protector token drop rate, with only 27% of the raid being protector classes.

We have had as many protector pants tokens as conq/vanq combined.

Some kind of trade in system would be wonderful. "Here, I'll trade you this vanq token and two of Ragnaros' Testicles for a Conq token."
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:23 pm

I don't know why Blizzard does not move more towards the personal "goody-bag" style of loot that you see with seasonal bosses and those rewards for tanks/healers. You get the bag, so no need to have need/greed or who needs it most disputes. The goody-bag has probably just got gold and VPs in. But it could have an epic gem. And if you are very lucky, it could have a tier token.

Non-tier loot could still be the usual free-for-all and unwanted items we see now (although that could also be improved, imo).
econ21

Postby Passionario » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:10 am

Let's play a little game: using Baradin Hold as a baseline example of a fully puggable raid, try to predict how existing T11/T12 instances will look on LFR difficulty.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby yappo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:36 am

Passionario wrote:Let's play a little game: using Baradin Hold as a baseline example of a fully puggable raid, try to predict how existing T11/T12 instances will look on LFR difficulty.

Let's play a game where Blizzard forgets to pre-nerf the trash leading upp to boss number one according to the general pre-nerfs in LFR. Let's play a game where a majority of the pugs explode on their way to a boss they're probably fully capable of downing.

Naeh, Blizzard couldn't concievably make such an error, or? ;)
yappo

Postby Doz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:17 am

Amirya wrote:Does anyone else feel that legendaries aren't really, well, legendary anymore? There's what, 9 of them that have existed in game, and we're in the midst of expansion 4?

My druid has managed to get a start on the current legendary staff, but frankly, I'm not going to bother with it. It's not worth it.

Uh, what? A 10% increase in dps is not worth it, because it's the 9th legendary?
Doz

Postby Malthrax » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:22 am

Doz wrote:
Amirya wrote:Does anyone else feel that legendaries aren't really, well, legendary anymore? There's what, 9 of them that have existed in game, and we're in the midst of expansion 4?

My druid has managed to get a start on the current legendary staff, but frankly, I'm not going to bother with it. It's not worth it.

Uh, what? A 10% increase in dps is not worth it, because it's the 9th legendary?

Oh its worth it, mathematically. I think Amirya is just having a case of "special snowflake syndrome".
Malthrax

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:54 am

Her druid isn't her main (last I checked) so the fact she got an ember is probably from pugging FL or we were missing a lot of other casters that night (and somewhere found another tank?) Yeah, I'm betting it was a PuG... so her drive to complete it isn't as high as someone who uses a caster main (or highly played alt.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:01 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Malthrax wrote:Legendary weapons could *DROP* during the 1st tier of raiding in an expansion, and gradually grow in power over the course of the expansion. Maybe they're orange the entire time; maybe they're just really good purples for the first 2-3 tiers of raiding before finally "ripening"

They specifically don't want any gear to do that

Well they could do it easily enough without violating their principles by having special (slightly more powerful) gems that can be attained through the tiers and when you get the set of them installed, it activates the legendary item bonus.

Not that I think it's a great idea or anything, but pretty much any new idea would be better than their current implementation.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Doz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:17 am

Skye1013 wrote:Her druid isn't her main (last I checked) so the fact she got an ember is probably from pugging FL or we were missing a lot of other casters that night (and somewhere found another tank?) Yeah, I'm betting it was a PuG... so her drive to complete it isn't as high as someone who uses a caster main (or highly played alt.)

Ok, "I'm not going to bother with it" makes it sound like there was a chance that you'd actually be able to get it. (unless your guild normally gears out alts with legendaries, then it makes sense)
Doz

PreviousNext

Return to General