[10H] Ragnaros

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Ragnaros

Postby timoseewho » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:24 am

To any Warlocks on this fight, are you playing demonology? If so, in P2 are you doing the method where you drop your seed outside of the group and port to the other bunch of seeds and use whatever crazy AoE you have? The reason I'm asking is that I feel our demWarlock should be able to do a lot more DPS on those elementals (he's currently pretty much last or second last place in our DPS composition of mHunter, aMage, sPriest, fDK, enShaman, even behind one of our tanks!). What spec do you (or your Warlocks if you know) roll here and how do you have them handle the elementals in P2? We do the strategy where we stack far left, run to the center, then kite to the far right side as we AoE the elementals on the way (the orientation reflected the next time around). My Warlock is claiming that he gets a good chunk of Hellfire AND his pet doing the cleave. Is there something he should do differently? Thanks.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Belloc » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:54 am

I'd imagine that felstorm alone should put him above the tank and maybe even the mage. Definitely doing something wrong. Wish I could say more =/
Belloc

Postby fafhrd » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:34 pm

timoseewho wrote:To any Warlocks on this fight, are you playing demonology? If so, in P2 are you doing the method where you drop your seed outside of the group and port to the other bunch of seeds and use whatever crazy AoE you have? The reason I'm asking is that I feel our demWarlock should be able to do a lot more DPS on those elementals (he's currently pretty much last or second last place in our DPS composition of mHunter, aMage, sPriest, fDK, enShaman, even behind one of our tanks!). What spec do you (or your Warlocks if you know) roll here and how do you have them handle the elementals in P2? We do the strategy where we stack far left, run to the center, then kite to the far right side as we AoE the elementals on the way (the orientation reflected the next time around). My Warlock is claiming that he gets a good chunk of Hellfire AND his pet doing the cleave. Is there something he should do differently? Thanks.

Our lock was doing this before we rerolled a moonkin into the group - basically lock would leave his add behind the others, run away with us to stack for explosion, port back into the group to aoe with Meta, and we'd finish off his add when it finally caught up. I would save my DPS cooldowns for use on the waves when he didn't have meta up. Having a BoP ready for him seemed useful too, although I'm not entirely sure since he was still dying quite a few times when the pally swore BoP was up, so perhaps their fire melee break BoP?

With Moonkin + HP nerf his AoE isn't necessary so he first went Afflic for a bit, and is now trying destro for burst on Sons and a stun. Supposedly demo is the best for P3/P4 dps though? We're currently struggling with pushing P3 fast enough, with lots of wipes with a 3rd meteor, or pushes into P4 with 4 meteors and half the raid dead, so maybe he'll switch again.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby baff » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:20 pm

fafhrd wrote:Having a BoP ready for him seemed useful too, although I'm not entirely sure since he was still dying quite a few times when the pally swore BoP was up, so perhaps their fire melee break BoP?

BoP does no good here (tested). A seed fixated on you will keep attacking, and will deal damage (as it is fire damage iirc).
baff

Postby RedAces » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:18 pm

Yep we tested it too and came to the same conclusion. I even wrote a ticket and asked if thats the intended behavior and the gm said yes. I can recall using BoP on Hydross having an effect, was I wrong? After all they do melee attacks that just deal elemental damage ...
RedAces

Postby Treck » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:26 am

Im pretty sure their attacks are even blockable.
So why BoP doesnt work i have no clue, but yeh tested it aswell and hasnt worked yet.
Treck

Postby Kihra » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:57 am

Treck wrote:Im pretty sure their attacks are even blockable.
So why BoP doesnt work i have no clue, but yeh tested it aswell and hasnt worked yet.

It's basically "hybrid" melee/fire damage like Baleroc's Inferno Blade, so HoP doesn't work.
Kihra

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:04 pm

So, the elementals in phase 2 spawn with 500k threat on their target. It's been established that Feign Death will cause them to choose a new target until the Feign Death is canceled... but what happens if, for instance, a warlock uses soul shatter? Does the warlock's threat drop to 50k?

Also, has anyone ever tried using glyphed Hand of Salvation on an elemental's target? I'm under the impression that the glyph causes the hand to reduce their threat to 0 until it expires... which makes me think that it should work. Anyone know for sure?
Belloc

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:15 pm

Belloc wrote:So, the elementals in phase 2 spawn with 500k threat on their target. It's been established that Feign Death will cause them to choose a new target until the Feign Death is canceled... but what happens if, for instance, a warlock uses soul shatter? Does the warlock's threat drop to 50k?

Also, has anyone ever tried using glyphed Hand of Salvation on an elemental's target? I'm under the impression that the glyph causes the hand to reduce their threat to 0 until it expires... which makes me think that it should work. Anyone know for sure?

Fade, glyphed salv, MI do nothing. Invis might do something, but if it does then like FD, as soon as you pop out and start trying to DPS your add will go for you again. I doubt soulshatter will do anything.
Rhiannon

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Are you speaking from experience? I need to know for sure :P
Belloc

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:30 pm

Fade, MI we tested. I'm assuming with salv as it follows the same mechanics as the previous two. FD I tested personally in alt raid. Pretty sure our mages tested Invis.
Rhiannon

Postby Arincia » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Could trying to casting it before they spawn that way if its up when they spawn they should have 0 threat at all when it wears off. (since they started with 0 and gained non while up and then return to 0 when it ended since they started with none or something like that)
Arincia

Postby Adornus » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:46 am

Kihra wrote:
Treck wrote:Im pretty sure their attacks are even blockable.

It's basically "hybrid" melee/fire damage like Baleroc's Inferno Blade, so HoP doesn't work.

So what if you used BoP as a pre-emptive threat mechanic rather than a reactive damage block? If, for example, I was to BoP our spriest before the explosion, would be start with 0k threat until the BoP wore off? If so, this would make the second set of seeds much easier.
Adornus

Postby Belloc » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:54 am

If you use Hand of Protection on a target before seeds are even cast, that player will not spawn a seed and, consequently, will not spawn an elemental. If that player is chosen as a seed target, you will spawn with one less seed. My previous guild confirmed this last night when they only had 7 elementals spawn after using HoP on their shadow priest multiple times throughout the night.
Belloc

Postby Adornus » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:58 am

What do you think the DPS requirement is to push one meteor in P3?
Adornus

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)